What's new

SHTF: Why I Choose the AK

Most Realistic situations such as zombie outbreak or someone breaking into your home will warrant close quarter combat. That is why I always recommend a tactical vest and plenty of magazines. A quality red-*** also does wonders for quick target acquisition. And why is d-o-t encrypted?

Drum magazines are nice since you reload less often but you can only carry so many of them. I prefer more magazines, good tactics kills zombies.

D0t is censored coz of indian frnds n the DH slur... on topic.. sir im buying the weapons as a hobby not for protection... back home we have guards to do tht.. n presently im living in a military garrison... n even in case something like tht happens ive got 2 AMDs n other weapons for the worst case scenario.

Hell ive got alot of russian weapons for tht matter... :lol:

Most Realistic situations such as zombie outbreak or someone breaking into your home will warrant close quarter combat. That is why I always recommend a tactical vest and plenty of magazines. A quality red-*** also does wonders for quick target acquisition. And why is d-o-t encrypted?

Drum magazines are nice since you reload less often but you can only carry so many of them. I prefer more magazines, good tactics kills zombies.
exactly, most zombies are engaged around 25 yards. A quality red d0T is essential. The one I have was 425 used.
The problem with lower end ones is that since there is no QC done for rugged outdoors, temperature variances and vibration, most red dots would come loose, lose the jero( zero) setting, frequent battery drain and at time the *** simply falls to the side inside the housing. This is esp. tha case for caliber like 7.62 etc.
Too much risk imho hence I would save for as long as I can an buy the one that has been tested.

Thanks bro... also asked folks back home to get another russian AK... planning to customise it into something like this:

rr5g74.jpg

Except maybe keep the original buttstock... and add a drum mag.

That is a very good choice, IZmash Ak's still rule. I was thinking of getting a drum mag but the the loaded thing gets quite heavy. My fore grip hasn't been very useful, maybe because I am more used to shooting bolt action rifles, but yes spending a good amount on a red *** s worth it's value in gold... I am changing my Butstock, I am adding a vltor buffer tube and AR15 - 5 pos adjustable buttstock, apparently it reduces some recoil, not that I need it, but just wanted to see how well it works.

Trust a Smith and Wesson M&P over an AK any day of the week. The AK reauires considerable practice,

Back
Top Bottom