What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
Age must be getting to them.

I guess they have the ability to form their own opinions and not take for granted the independence god has given them. Anyways, wouldn't these guys qualify as ultra, ultra Razakar?

The only language that has any relevance islamically is Arabic, no language has a degree of 'Islamic-ness' in it, whether it be Kurdish, Balochi or Urdu. But Musulmani Bangla has been shaped by the various Perso/Afghan settlements which is no doubt a part of history or there would be no such thing as a Jalalabadi Nagri or Puthir Gan and not to forget the countless contributions the people of Bengal have given to Parsi...Shah Abdul Karim, Hasan Raja, Abbas Hussaini, Daulat Kazi and literature such as Ubaidullah Ubaidi etc.

I came to learn about Musulmani Bangla on this forum and was fascinated. Since then I have sought every opportunity (not very many - my work chews up most of my time, and just now, I am on PakDef because there is an unplanned lull in teaching work for a week or two) to read up on it. Your note above goes into my reading list. Now to try and trace it. It isn't easy getting access to such writings and their exegesis in Hyderabad!

Maybe I worded it wrong as I am typing on my phone, but there is no doubt that the Hindu zamindars and British tried to suppress the Bengali Muslim and all things musulman.

That doesn't seem right. There may have been a tilt, but it is highly unlikely that in the days of the Fort William College, there was any kind of anti-Muslim bias on the parts of the British. There might well have been from the pundits' side. It was for the British to detect and to correct this bias. As far as I know, they leaned in the other direction. The Hunter Commission Report is an example.

@Saiful Islam, please don't be apologetic. I am reading your posts very carefully, and am getting a lot out of it. Please continue, without any thought that this might be provocative. Provocative it is, intellectually provocative, nothing more. Please continue.

Well I gave an anecdote to what some of my family experience, this may not be the case for all Bangladeshis. But my point is the Bengali in W.Bengal vocab is way different to what is spoken in the ilaqas of BD.

I completely agree that some dialects can be difficult to comprehend for those not used to them. Of course, the Bengali spoken in West Bengal is quite different from that spoken in the ilaqas of BD.

But if you take the case of English, the position is quite similar there.

Pakistani apologists??? I can point you to many old timer mutki bahini who regret splitting from Pakistan (I am not saying splitting from Pakistan was bad) but they will tell you how they regret partaking in the war of 1971.

??

Ajke gosto tukaite gia tor pachai ki kono Bangali lathi marchilo, je ehane aisa bangalider upor rag jhartachos?

ROTFL

Urdu would be ideal language for Bangladesh , with arabic characters so its closer to Muslim culture

It was a Hindu Baniya conspiracy under the "Mission Akhand Bharat" to make Pakistanis believe that Urdu is a Muslim language, it's nothing but a variation of Hindi with some lone Parsi, Arabic words and Arabic characters..the plan was hatched with a long term view to keep the languages similar, so that we can infiltrate Pakistan culturally and Hinduized it from within..the plan is working! :whistle:

It was a Hindu Baniya conspiracy under the "Mission Akhand Bharat" to make Pakistanis believe that Urdu is a Muslim language, it's nothing but a variation of Hindi with some lone Parsi, Arabic words and Arabic characters..the plan was hatched with a long term view to keep the languages similar, so that we can infiltrate Pakistan culturally and Hinduized it from within..the plan is working! :whistle:

Damn!

He blurted it out in public!

Of course I know the attempts which were successful to thwart Muslim Bengali literature and language via the collaboration of British and Hindu elite in Fort Williams College. The Rohingyas have done a good job at developing their own script called Hanifi.

My issue is these Baboos of W.Bengal deny Puthir Gan (Jalalabadi Nagri) and in general the variation of Bangla spoken in BD. I find it hard to comprehend them, some of my external family have to read the English subs to understand Star Jalsa.

Bhai, there was no deliberate evil conspiracy by the Bengalis of Kolkata to deprive East Bengalis of their language, we just wanted to create a formal Bengali for literature and formal use, but you are/were free to have your own version of Bengali or any other language.

Besides, you are a Sylheti afaik, sylheti is a bit different from all versions of Bengali.

I am not sure why Indian folks need to interfere in Bangladesh's internal matter

You know how evil we Indians are..and Bangladesh is also a part of our "Mission Akhand Bharat"..! :)

Please don't confuse yourself and the rest of us for humanity's sake, :( you are cool with Bengali language, then you are not cool with the term Bengali, and you want English scripture for Bengali language...what is this, sonar pathorbati? And what will you do about your country's name..'Bangladesh', or your Bengali national anthem that screams "Sonar Bangla"?

I suggest you not to float around like a lost ship and anchor somewhere, Arabia would solve the problem and sort out all the mess...and save poor Bengali for those who want to be Bengali without any confusion or regret.
Of course I'm not dragging Indian dadas into this,relax you're Bengali I'm not denying it.I'm talking about Bangladeshi people.
And about English,I was stating my preference,no need to panic.
Yeah I have problem with imported stuff.(name and anthem)

Ajke gosto tukaite gia tor pachai ki kono Bangali lathi marchilo, je ehane aisa bangalider upor rag jhartachos?
Whatever,butthurt troll.

What is this nonsense? How is can you even use that as a good comparison? You can call American's who have English heritage English, but you can't call Americans who have Irish heritage English even if they speak English. Your heritage is Bengali, so you are Bengali, that's final.
How's this comparison nonsense? America is multicultural,so Bangladesh is. You can't generalise them by one ethnicity.
That's my point,people who feel our culture should be replaced with Kolkata's one should pole vault to West Bengal.
Bangladeshi and Bengali aren't interchangeable as some confused folks thinks.
Most of our(Muslim population) ancestor came from foreign countries.Mine was from Iraq.

Of course I'm not dragging Indian dadas into this,relax you're Bengali I'm not denying it.I'm talking about Bangladeshi people.
And about English,I was stating my preference,no need to panic.
Yeah I have problem with imported stuff.(name and anthem).

You my friend seems to be a true Bangladeshi/East Pakistani/Iraqi (whatever is suitable) unlike the anti-nationalistic pro-Indian Kolkata-loving chapatti-leager pseudo-Bangladeshi/East Pakistani Hinduized Bengalis of BD here. :) Actually there is already a thread here suggesting change of malaun names of BD cities, here:
Should we make a petition to change 'Malaun' names of all cities of Bangladesh?

But what name do you suggest for present day Bangladesh and its capital city? What should be its national anthem? And what about that flag..Islamic flags generally have Moon and star, BD flag has a goddamn Sun!! :( That too at the risk of a clear copyright violation of the Japanese flag!

Please ignore the trolls and let us discuss the suitable options. :tup:

You my friend seems to be a true Bangladeshi/East Pakistani/Iraqi (whatever is suitable) unlike the anti-nationalistic pro-Indian Kolkata-loving chapatti-leager pseudo-Bangladeshi/East Pakistani Hinduized Bengalis of BD here. :) Actually there is already a thread here suggesting change of malaun names of BD cities, here:
Should we make a petition to change 'Malaun' names of all cities of Bangladesh?

But what name do you suggest for present day Bangladesh and its capital city? What should be its national anthem? And what about that flag..Islamic flags generally have Moon and star, BD flag has a goddamn Sun!! :( That too at the risk of a clear copyright violation of the Japanese flag!

Please ignore the trolls and let us discuss the suitable options. :tup:
Since you're requesting,troll ignored. :coffee:

I completely agree that some dialects can be difficult to comprehend for those not used to them. Of course, the Bengali spoken in West Bengal is quite different from that spoken in the ilaqas of BD.

Actually the Bengali spoken in many rural areas is quite different from the Kolkata dialect, Birbhum for example..

Why dont Bangali started using Roman Script for Bangla it would make their Language Internationalize and easy to understand for all Foreigners. I prefer the same thing in Pakistan as well especially after Urdu is getting status of Official Language.

How's this comparison nonsense? America is multicultural,so Bangladesh is. You can't generalise them by one ethnicity.
That's my point,people who feel our culture should be replaced with Kolkata's one should pole vault to West Bengal.
Bangladeshi and Bengali aren't interchangeable as some confused folks thinks.
Most of our(Muslim population) ancestor came from foreign countries.Mine was from Iraq.
Bangladesh is no where near as multicultural as America, are you mad? This one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, counting all the ethnic minorities in Bangladesh combined they only account for 2% of the population. And so what if you ancestor's came from foreign countries, does that make you, an Arab? Especially if they settled here several centuries ago and completely integrated with the locals here. In fact, what percent of your DNA is actually from Iraq?

Why dont Bangali started using Roman Script for Bangla it would make their Language Internationalize and easy to understand for all Foreigners. I prefer the same thing in Pakistan as well especially after Urdu is getting status of Official Language.
The phonetics become an issue.

Bangladesh is no where near as multicultural as America, are you mad? This one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, counting all the ethnic minorities in Bangladesh combined they only account for 2% of the population. And so what if you ancestor's came from foreign countries, does that make you, an Arab? Especially if they settled here several centuries ago and completely integrated with the locals here. In fact, what percent of your DNA is actually from Iraq?
If that doesn't make me an Arab,it shouldn't make me a Bengali either.Its a mix,and I am happy if you call me none of them.
BTW, what makes a person Bengali in your eyes? Is it the language,ethnicity or geographic location that makes a person Bengali?

Back
Top Bottom