What's new

Should Sachin retire from ODI cricket

I HATE TO SAY IT, though I am a huge fan of Sachin like my counterparts on this thread. I feel as if age is really catching up with him, he def has plenty of time as a test player which is suited to his batting style along with patience and stroke play, but the short format games is a bit of a concern. I mean also he has had a dazzling career and he needs to set an example for the other oldies and make way for younger generation cricketers and allow them to establish themselves in the game as well.

Sachin I think it’s time to hang up the boots in the short over game if you do god we will miss you but it’s for the better of Indian cricket.

Yes he should retire from ODI and as soon as he gets his 100th century, he should retire from test as well. Yes I am also his biggest fan.

just 'cause he is struggling at the moment it becomes bit easy to join the chorus. Let him just score one more hundred... you'l see those familier phrases coming back.. ''As long as he enjoys cricket, he should play'' or ''let sachin decide when he wants to resign'' & all that kinda stuff. if you ask me.. he should have retired soon after we won the world cup. but now... only after his 100th ton. I would like the great man to bow down on a high! would be very disappointed if he goes away without that century of centuries!

just 'cause he is struggling at the moment it becomes bit easy to join the chorus. Let him just score one more hundred... you'l see those familier phrases coming back.. ''As long as he enjoys cricket, he should play'' or ''let sachin decide when he wants to resign'' & all that kinda stuff. if you ask me.. he should have retired soon after we won the world cup. but now... only after his 100th ton. I would like the great man to bow down on a high! would be very disappointed if he goes away without that century of centuries!

Dude I know that happens but age is not on his side, he is 39. It seems like he just cannot leave the game and trust me he will be shown the door like Ponting, great fellows but both do not know when to call it a day.

Sachin need to retire from both ODI and tests - The 100th century quest has been going on for a long time and that too after two humiliating test series defeats. He need to take inspiration from Mr. 3000 movie and retire.

Sachin need to retire from both ODI and tests - The 100th century quest has been going on for a long time and that too after two humiliating test series defeats. He need to take inspiration from Mr. 3000 movie and retire.

You should not blame the defeat of a team on just one man!

Yes he should retire from ODI and as soon as he gets his 100th century, he should retire from test as well. Yes I am also his biggest fan.

I think he is going to make his 100 against Pakistan. that will make him eternal ;)

he and mangeraker had given up their 10th grade for cricket when they came to Sialkot Pakistan in 89 or 90. I was there too and preparing for my Matric exams and I was like (you lucky b@stards).

Sachin is a Master class. am quite sure there wont be one like him very soon.

No real need for him to retire at the moment, Totaly up to him.. but its such a hard decision, retire or be asked to leave -for a Master class like him i dont want him to leave in a way where he is asked to leave.. My humble opinion is the best time for him to retire was after India won the ODI WC.

he and rest of the world should forget about the 100th century debate, it doesnt mater in the slightest. he wont be any lesser player at all if he doesnt get his 100th Century.

If it was a 100th century in tests only or in ODIs then sure, would be like Ace of Aces. adding 100s from test and ODI looks more like a made up stat. Sachin is way above that sort of thing

Sachin should not retire yet, he is the best batsmen in the whole world. He has alot to offer yet!
in the current cricketing players I dont know if there is anyone who comes close to him.people wishing him to retire will miss him dearly when he leaves

Sachin should not retire yet, he is the best batsmen in the whole world. He has alot to offer yet!

i can understand your sense of loss, but trust me it will only do more harm to him than good. laws of gravity you can only reach so high but when the time comes it will be a big/fast fall back down to earth.

I do not blame it on him alone but looks like he along with Dravid and Lakshman have expended the goodwill they have accumulated in the past 10 years and he should not overstay the welcome which I feel he has started to do.

The blame is certainly not on Sachin alone, there was a bit of contribution from him but then again India at times perceives to be a one man team and the rest are just showpiece clowns. The real reason for the demise was simply too much cricket, lack of preparation to Aussie condition, low morale and drop in enthusiasm and poor captaincy. Our blowers were dreadful and the top order never put the runs on the board and expected the tail to wag. All recipes for a disaster and a disaster it was 4-0 whitewash and struggling in the ODI’s.

May I add fielding horrible the old legs and drop catches and failure to run to the boundary.

:hang2:

For the time of Sachin's retirements soon, for me it was hard to imagine when Saeed Anwar announced retirement from the cricket world. I couldn't stop watching the tremendous shots by Saeed Anwar and its humble smile when face challenging crazy bowlers. I still missed him. Nowadays, I stopped watching cricket after departures of Saeed Anwar. Yes, his last century scored against India. :cry:

I bet, it could be same to you and hero Sachin Tendulkar.

I agree with Indian members here. He should retire from ODI's at least. He can score his 100th century in Test cricket. But from ODI he should retire. The young players giving good performance in Ranji trophy deserve a chance in his place. Same goes for Pakistan experience players like Misbah and Younis.

Back
Top Bottom