What's new

Should Indian Army consider MV-22

they were in discussion, but then may be money was the issue. This machine would be suitable for the altitudes of the himalayas.

they were in discussion, but then may be money was the issue. This machine would be suitable for the altitudes of the himalayas.

V-22 is a good platform..but i heard even Americans are wary of buying them in large numbers as it is very costly..I doubt India will buy them...

came across this when I was doing my daily routine surfing.

Boeing Eyes India Market For UAVs, Ospreys

Do you think it's a good move for India to buy V-22 Osprey?

First with Poseidon, the Globemaster and then Apache, Imagine the sight of 4 apache longbow and a few osprey follow in the Himalayas

Well it was Boeing who offered us but the US Govt. did not allow to sell this wonderful aircraft. Wish we had a few in our arsenal.

V-22 is a good platform..but i heard even Americans are wary of buying them in large numbers as it is very costly..I doubt India will buy them...

where do you hear the American are wary about the number. US have order 485 V-22 into USN/USMC service, 150 of those are delivered :)

Indeed, it would be best amongst all the helicopter out there, money should not be an issue as India also did purchase 22 AH-64 longbow from Boeing........

Well it was Boeing who offered us but the US Govt. did not allow to sell this wonderful aircraft. Wish we had a few in our arsenal.

I think the US government is also looking for buyer.......Tilt rotor aircraft existed and has been in use for a long while, I don't see the point the prohibit sale of them like they do with the F-22...........

where do you hear the American are wary about the number. US have order 485 V-22 into USN/USMC service, 150 of those are delivered :)

Indeed, it would be best amongst all the helicopter out there, money should not be an issue as India also did purchase 22 AH-64 longbow from Boeing........

I think the US government is also looking for buyer.......Tilt rotor aircraft existed and has been in use for a long while, I don't see the point the prohibit sale of them like they do with the F-22...........

But none have been as successful ad the Osprey. It is one of the most versatile aircrafts right now. The Indian governments wants it...but I think the US armed forces would first want Boeing to finish their orders before they start looking for export customers.

The IAF does not model its doctrine around its aircraft. It acquires platforms that suit its doctrine.

Just letting you folks know.

The IAF does not model its doctrine around its aircraft. It acquires platforms that suit its doctrine.

Just letting you folks know.

Everyone knows that. But the V 22 will be a great addition in rapid force deployments on all terrains. Vital for IBG operations in transporting Heavy equipment and battle supplies to forward command centres.

I have said it many times & I am gonna say again
Depending on US for weaponry is a bad option
Sanctions can hit anytime
Better to do a JV with Europeans(French) or Russians for this

I think the same way.
You will never know when uncle Sam will throw you in dust bin.
From strategic ally to a burden.
You are only good to them till you serve their purpoze.

Stop buying things from them.

And by the way we still need some nuclear tests to make our weapons miniaturized and reliable.
What will happen then??????

I have said it many times & I am gonna say again
Depending on US for weaponry is a bad option
Sanctions can hit anytime
Better to do a JV with Europeans(French) or Russians for this

I think the same way.
You will never know when uncle Sam will throw you in dust bin.
From strategic ally to a burden.
You are only good to them till you serve their purpoze.

Stop buying things from them.

And by the way we still need some nuclear tests to make our weapons miniaturized and reliable.
What will happen then??????

Well, seems like your government is thinking otherwise, been buying American stuff one after one, First with P8I Posideon, then Chinook, then Globemaster and finally Apache.

Expensive, limited payload limited endurance, helicopters can play the role well... no thanks.

Name me one Helicopter can travel as fast and as high.......and with that payload.

Well, seems like your government is thinking otherwise, been buying American stuff one after one, First with P8I Posideon, then Chinook, then Globemaster and finally Apache.

Because our so-called government is simply doing as much damage as they can before being shunted out.

We are not new to sanctions.

When you made it out of embargos in one piece, what makes you think we will become another Pahlavi's Iran?

There's always a way out.

Name me one Helicopter can travel as fast and as high.......and with that payload.

Our requirements have to be seen vis a vis the cost of acquisition; not what V-22 can do.

It doesn't fit in the roles that are taken by our military which is purely a defensive force.

US needs those things because not a year has gone when it hasn't invaded some other country.

We need a supplier they dig. Better weapons, faster delivery, less overall expense. I wonder how any fool can refuse it.

Back
Top Bottom