What's new

IAF to close deals worth $25 bn this fiscal including MMRCA, Boeing Apache

India is on a helicopter acquisition spree.

22 apache heavy gunships
15 chinook heavy lift .
139 Mi-7V gunship/medium transport.
76 HAL rudra gunships for army and air force.
159 HAL dhruv multipurpose Utility helicopter ordered.Total requirement around 350.
187 HAL light observation helicopter to replace chetaks.[In development]
197 AS550 fennec or Ka-226T light utility helicopter[tender going]
91 ASW helicopter for navy to replace seaking.Contenders american seahawk or european NH-90.
50 light twin engine helicopters for navy.Dhruv not eligible as it can't fold its composite rotors.
179 HAL Light attack helicopter[LCH] gunship for army .

these apache helis are for air force where as lch will be given to army as well as air force

Yes. First news came that IA will got Apaches but later it was confirmed that IAF will get them

On Topic> hope both deals get signed without delays.

Personally I don't like the decision of buying Apaches, due to obvious reasons

But there could be no better replacement for hinds than apache, if one takes into account firepower and sophisticated weapons apaches use alone

I think we need to develop platforms like Medium Combat Helicopter or Heavy Combat Helicopter; on our own but with Russian engine

Russian expertise on Kamov Ka 60 can be very useful here, if we want MCH/HCH to be LO

What has the IAF got to do with the Apache Longbow strike helicopters? I thought these were to be operated by the Army, according to A. K. Antony? :what:

However, is it the Apaches or the LCH attack chopper? (Not the Rudra).

Confusion confounded!! :undecided:

Nah- most recent news is these Apaches will go to the IAF as planned. The IAF may transfer them to the IA later but more likely the IA will concudt their own heavy attack helo procurement later this decade. To be fair the IA AAC is very busy for the next decade or so with inductions- LCH, ALH, ALH WSI, LUH etc.

+ M777 deal will be signed this fiscal also from what I hear.

Does this mean that follow on orders for 3 c130's are already placed and IAF is thinking of going for 6 more thereby taking the total follow on orders to 9 ,or does the total follow on order is of 6 aircrafts of which 3 have already been placed?????

Read the article again. They've got their figures wrong and quoted two different numbers. Anyway the follow on is for 6 as it has always be. So the final fleet will be 12 as has always been speculated.

Back
Top Bottom