What's new

Should India send troops to Afghanistan?

No to troops...and yes to economic assistance

As the Afghan govt and US both are requesting, is it in our interest to have military base in Eastern Afghanistan?

My personal view of Trump is an un-predicative mad guy, but he is also president of USA , so from this e should do what ever is in our best interest.

NO. This is not our war. Afghan mess was created by USA and Pakistan. Let them sort out their mess themselves. We should restrict ourselves to economic assistance.

Do the indians have the balls for Yes:lol:
Pakistan says all the problems in Pakistan are from Afghanistan and Pakistan dsnt seem to cross the border ,is that because of balls bro or lack of it .
Here India dsnt get effected what happens in Afghanistan and you say we don't deploy troops because we don't have balls.

Seems like everyone is saying no. But I think we should send around 3000 soldiers to Eastern Afghanistan to check mate Taliban.

The economic assistance is going no where!

Pakistan says all the problems in Pakistan are from Afghanistan and Pakistan dsnt seem to cross the border ,is that because of balls bro or lack of it .
Here India dsnt get effected what happens in Afghanistan and you say we don't deploy troops because we don't have balls.

yeah you dont have balls, the U.S wants you to take up some of the slack in Afghanistan with everyone running away

the piss all contributions you are providing is diddly squat either show some balls and send soldiers and equipment or admit how ball-less you are

Pakistan doesn't need to go to Afghanistan its a shit hole, we can punish any Afghan misadventures in numerous ways without getting stuck in Afghanistan

Depends if India can bargain hard and get what it wants then sending 10k soldiers is no big deal

I am sure afghans will welcome the indian "dalkhor hindu"army with open arms :sarcastic:

My personal view of Trump is an un-predicative mad guy, but he is also president of USA , so from this e should do what ever is in our best interest.

Send troops for what?

Uniformed men light up like the northern star on the terrorists' radars.

Whoever thought of this plan is a complete idiot and deserves to be court martialed in the first place.

The way to deal with terrorism is to blend in, observe, HUMINT gathering and using disproportionate force from within the blending to destroy terrorist networks.

It makes sense to train NDS officers for this job but sending infantry there; nope.

Given how US used Pak in their Afghan policy, it is best to stay away from it and maintain the current policy of soft power and RAW/proxies for now. We have enough problems to deal with at home and it is best not to invite ISIS or any other terror organization's focus on India
Not that i favor sending troops however this is my last reason for not doing so....It is the same mistake that west did...After USSR fall out they left leaving Pakistan an open license to use these proxies in Kashmir...it just didn't bother west much...and then what happened?? West learned it's lesson hard way...Keep in mind..these jihadist are after everyone who is oppose to sharia law(even that is a farce)...period.....so they are gonna come after you...sooner or later...better to unite and fight this menace as one...

I dont support our troops but if Afghan people wants and we can actually contribute for peace and security of there eastern border from Pakistani terrorists and there land grab efforts like we are today helping Bhutan then Yes from my side.
Remember I said this 1 year back Afganistan is land of huge mineral resources India can get Copper, Nickel, LITHIUM, gold, Cobalt and many rare earth metals from there which we presently import.
To win you have to take risk.

Also I like to tell here my uncle (Father's close friend, both are CA) is in high post in Afganistan as CA conducting audits of Afghan Banks and there ministries since last 8 years just 5 days back I meet him in my home visiting my father. I asked him about danger for Indians, Uncle told me both NA and Taliban respects Indians for our work we are doing for Afghan people and they never harmed any Indian.

News abt our consulates attack were not Taliban work but ISI paid thugs.

He told me a lot about there and it was a surprising a lot, Like actually Taliban is not bad guys as western Media painted them they are fighting for there people and before every attack they intimate/warn 7-15 days before it to stop what they are against of like they are against christen Missionaries a lot of them are operating currently. They target forces as revenge which killed there people or torture them.
What ever areas they occupied in Afganistan they didnt looted any bank, they could have did this but they didnt. MUCH MORE

In short if our forces go Afganistan for helping people and protecting them instead of fighting with Taliban, There is no threat to Indian Forces

India has been sacrificing lots of money in infrastructure in Afghanistan.

It is logical that India should atleast post 25k troops on the ground to assure that terrorists don't hurt its business and strategic alliance with Afghanistan.

Welcome to Afghanistan.

May the day be short and the night dark.

Afghanistan too tough for india.

Taliban will wipe out indian army with casualties.

I dont expect india to be better than the usa in handling terrorism

Back
Top Bottom