What's new

Should India send troops to Afghanistan?

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
As the Afghan govt and US both are requesting, is it in our interest to have military base in Eastern Afghanistan?

My personal view of Trump is an un-predicative mad guy, but he is also president of USA , so from this e should do what ever is in our best interest.

As the Afghan govt and US both are requesting, is it in our interest to have military base in Eastern Afghanistan?

My personal view of Trump is an un-predicative mad guy, but he is also president of USA , so from this e should do what ever is in our best interest.

That is all fine...What if he is replaced with someone who let.me say lean towards pakistan ?

We pack.our bags and go ? Will it suit our purpose ?

Trump never asked for military support.
What he said was economic support.
In other words we must continue to build road, dams, electricity, parliament.

We just need to support Afghanistan economically, work in Afghanistan through covert means and build soft power and try to harness its minerals through Iran road.

No troops !!!! help develop their infra , build schools hospitals , things they need .

NO!!!! Why should India sacrifice the lives of its soldiers when even Afghan army soldiers don't want to fight for their own country?

Afghanistan is broken

16 years, tens of billions and hundreds of thousands U.S soldiers hasent fixed Afghanistan what will 4000 more do now?

India wants to do the bare minimum and dosent really want to be pulled into the pit. The Americans want india to take up the slack that everyone else bailing out has left

Indian troops in Afghanistan would be comical

Do we have the capability to maintain and operate a base in AF?? I mean think about it...neither we have deep pockets, nor we have the capability to produce weapons on large scale and neither an affordable route...also what purpose will a military base in AF will achieve?

lol. They can't and they wouldn't because they wouldn't be able to survive.

Given how US used Pak in their Afghan policy, it is best to stay away from it and maintain the current policy of soft power and RAW/proxies for now. We have enough problems to deal with at home and it is best not to invite ISIS or any other terror organization's focus on India

NO!!!! Why should India sacrifice the lives of its soldiers when even Afghan army soldiers don't want to fight for their own country?
Same reason she sent Brig. SK Narain. o_O

sk-narain.jpg

We should not, what ever Trump says we can't do that, trump is dragging India in unwanted Issue

Back
Top Bottom