What's new

Should India remove anti-minority hate from it's textbooks?

gotti

Reaction score
25228_S_ambedkar-cartoon-NCERT.jpg

A mockery of the Dalit leader B R Ambedkar in the textbook issued by National Council Of Educational Research And Training in India

There are also other examples like insulting Gujjar, Jat, Sikh and Jain communities in text books.

What do you guys think? Stop the hate in school textbooks or continue the culture of intolerance?

A mockery of the Dalit leader B R Ambedkar in the textbook issued by National Council Of Educational Research And Training in India

There are also other examples like insulting Gujjar, Jat, Sikh and Jain communities in text books.

What do you guys think? Stop the hate in school textbooks or continue the culture of intolerance?

GTFO ignorant troll,Only a bunch of ignominious book burners can think that is an anti dalit cartoon.You should go learn more about political satire.And why don't you first deal with anti minority content in your textbook first and then come to lecture us??

GTFO ignorant troll,Only a bunch of ignominious book burners can think that is an anti dalit cartoon.You should go learn more about political satire.And why don't you first deal with anti minority content in your textbook first and then come to lecture us??

First off, tell me why the insecurity and defensive attitude?

Are you suggesting that Dalits are ignorant and their grievances are to be completely disregarded and ignored.

If they found it offensive, then, why question their sensitivity on the issue?

I have made an entire thread on Pakistani education and it is in the Pakistani section.

This is specifically made for Indians and this is why I mentioned it here.

Are you going to suggest that we discuss Pakistani education whilst discussing Indian education?

Is that how Kapil Sibbal et. al draft their education policy? What is happening in Pakistan? :undecided:

Strange. Very Strange.

Bhai Sahab... I can post links to NCERT books available online and you read then and tell me where do you find hate against any community...

The picture that you are showing is the one from a newspaper that highlighted the snail pace at which the constitution was being developed way back in 1948 ..

Just because text books in your country belittle and demean minorities ... it does not mean that every country does that.

Anti-Islamic material in Indian textbooks. Trying to present Islam as an offshoot of Hinduism (Vaishnavism)

Under the fundamental principles of Islam ‘******’ has also been included as the sixth tenet. The role of the caliphs in Islamic conquests has been overlooked. There is no mention of the companions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). It was stated that after the demise of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), the caliphs of Umayyid Dynasty propagated Islam.

Distorting historical facts, it was mentioned that Muslim rule was establish due to the invasions of the Turks on India.

It was also mentioned that the Arabs were very much influenced by Hindu Culture. An attempt was made to make believe that the Arabs learnt numerology from the Indians. They also learnt Astronomy from the Indians and spread it in Europe. In this book, it was claimed that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed had appointed Indian Hakeems in his court.

It was also claimed that the designs of the tombs of the mosques have been derived from Hindu temples. The entrances of the mosques also resemble the entrances of the temples.

About crusades, it was mentioned that the Muslims had conquered almost all the holy places of the Christians in order to propagate Islam.

It would be appropriate if this book were shown to any Islamic Scholar for review and corrections.

---Siasat News

Spurious material about Islam in text books | Siasat

So you clearly are oblivious or pretending to be in this case. The cartoon is ages old dating back to 1949 which had its own context of then existing situation. Unfortunately people don't appreciate and are able to digest the intent behind such art creations. Also grave lack of humour I would say. The cartoon was borrowed then later in 2012 to be inserted in one of the text books and some clowns from our system made a convenient use of situation to twist it their way.

Bhai Sahab... I can post links to NCERT books available online and you read then and tell me where do you find hate against any community...

The picture that you are showing is the one from a newspaper that highlighted the snail pace at which the constitution was being developed way back in 1948 ..

Just because text books in your country belittle and demean minorities ... it does not mean that every country does that.

Dr B.R. Ambedkar cartoon raises MPs' hackles : North, News - India Today

Congress insulted gujjars, jats, Sikhs: BJP - Times Of India

So you clearly are oblivious or pretending to be in this case. The cartoon is ages old dating back to 1949 which had its own context of then existing situation. Unfortunately people don't appreciate and are able to digest the intent behind such art creations. Also grave lack of humour I would say. The cartoon was borrowed then later in 2012 to be inserted in one of the text books and some clowns from our system made a convenient use of situation to twist it their way.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-11/india/31668928_1_ncert-books-gujjars-jats

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dr-br-ambedkar-cartoon-raises-mps-hackles/1/188454.html

Thanks for starting off with the typical Indian attitude of intolerance (as shown in the cartoon and textbooks)

I can provide "links", not just one link. But only two will do because I am sure you know how to use google:

Dr B.R. Ambedkar cartoon raises MPs' hackles : North, News - India Today

Congress insulted gujjars, jats, Sikhs: BJP - Times Of India
There is no record of Dr B.R. Ambedkar taking offence to being featured in a cartoon, published in the prestigious Shankar's Weekly in 1949.
But petty politics of the Congress led to one-upmanship in Parliament on Friday to appear loyal to the father of the Constitution.

these are first few lines from link u posted , that cartoon was made in 1949:rofl: dr. B.R ambedkar was alive then , :lol: if all were so anti dalit how the hell he wrote the indian Constitution. :no: you failed big time,

other part :cheesy: are gujjars , jats are from mars? :sick: are they also minority? do u have any idea what is the mean of minority son? :rofl: can you pls tell who the hell is mejiority in india?
:P dr. b.r. ambedkar himself was a congressi , and this gov. is also congress lead gov.

:D and in the end ambedkar had converted to buddhist , then how its insuting the evil hindu dalits? :enjoy: pls explain

I hope for the freedom of Dalits and the removal of the vulgar caste system. Human rights must be respected. India needs to respect human rights and give equal opportunity regardless of religion, caste, skin colour, etc.

Kapil Sibbal has apologized for it.Though it was unnecessary because no sane person can find anything offensive in that cartoon except Mayavati,the most corrupt dalit chief minister of UP finds no other way to find support other than bigotry.

he is hitting the snail..the cartoon symbolises the slow pace at which constitution is being framed..people like you tried to make issue out of it nothing big..

Back
Top Bottom