What's new

Should China accept NATO's invitation to join them in Afghanistan?

Thanks for the consideration mate...but India is happy to see pakistan working for US..keep the work going...inshallah fateh paoge !

:argh::argh::argh: :lol:

I am sure Indians are happy to see Uncle SAM hand out billions and billions of dollars to Pakistan. USA is Pakistan's ATM machine.

I think they should send a small contingent to gain real combat experience.

Anyone who has seen videos of say, Canadians fighting, sees it is real war not just peacekeeping.

Some will disagree and say that standing around waiting for suicide bombers is not war. But it is war, just a new type of war.

With war, experience is everything. History has taught us again and again that besides technology, the militaries that deploy and fight are the ones that learn the most. Hitler's military was built on the experience of Spanish Civil War veterans. American naval dominance was built on its experiences in WWII and lasts to this day. UK naval power is based on its experiences in the Falklands Islands. And so on and so on.

With just a few special forces units, China could learn many lessons about fighting in mountainous, treacherous terrain against terrorists, and of course test its logistics.

Just because USA is going to lose its Super-Power in Afghanistan, doesn't mean they could drag China down with them.

:china:

Just because USA is going to lose its Super-Power in Afghanistan, doesn't mean they could drag China down with them.

:china:

When the US leaves from Afghanistan, they will still be a super power. So what if they couldn't kill every single talib? They killed a whole ship load and then some, gave Afghanistan an alternative choice wrt government and brought international development to a stagnant cesspool. America has helped the Afghan twice now in history. Still people spit on their help.

When the US leaves from Afghanistan, they will still be a super power. So what if they couldn't kill every single talib? They killed a whole ship load and then some, gave Afghanistan an alternative choice wrt government and brought international development to a stagnant cesspool. America has helped the Afghan twice now in history. Still people spit on their help.

Maybe it is a sign of saying "we don't want your help" on those spit???:thinktank:

Maybe it is a sign of saying "we don't want your help" on those spit???:thinktank:

Millions more would have died fighting against the Soviets and under their enslavement the Soviet brand of communism would have spread to Pakistan and elsewhere.

This time around the Taliban were pillaging the minorities and their own people for a good 5-6 years on a national scale before the world put a plug in that nonsense. I don't think the Chinese can understand a person's hatred for communism or tyranny so spit on my friend.

Millions more would have died fighting against the Soviets and under their enslavement the Soviet brand of communism would have spread to Pakistan and elsewhere.

This time around the Taliban were pillaging the minorities and their own people for a good 5-6 years on a national scale before the world put a plug in that nonsense. I don't think the Chinese can understand a person's hatred for communism or tyranny so spit on my friend.

The thing is that what people remember the most is not how US helped them when they were fighting the Soviet. It is actually how US had abandoned them when their usefulness was ended when Soviet left that they will remember. And you think they will trust US again for the second time unless there was a massive amnesia going on among its people.

I'm pretty sure when the US invaded Iraq they said they wanted to help its people too, and now 7 years after the invasion Iraq is in a worse state than it was before, with no safe access to schools and drinking water for its children.

I just come across this news couple of days ago that says the city of Falluja where the heavy fighting took place during the invasion, now ~25% of new born babies there suffer from birth defects, the statistics shows it is even worse than hiroshima and nagasaki nuclear bombing.

Doctors and parents in the Iraqi city of Fallujah are blaming a sharp increase in the number of birth defects on the highly sophisticated weapons U.S. troops have used in the city during the war.

The BBC reported Thursday the staggering statistic from doctors in the city that the number of heart defects found in newborn babies is 13 times the number of similar birth defects in Europe.

U.S. troops carried out a major offensive in the city in 2004. Military spokesman Michael Kilpatrick told the news organization it takes public health concerns "very seriously."

"No studies to date have indicated environmental issues resulting in specific health issues," Kilpatrick told the BBC. "Unexploded ordinance, including improvised explosive devices, are a recognized hazard."

British-based Iraqi researcher Malik Hamdan told the news organization that one doctor compared the number of birth defects from before 2003 to today. Before the war began, she saw about one case every two months. Now she sees cases every day.

Her research shows that as of January, the rate of congenital heart defects was 95 per 1,000 births or 13 times Europe's rate.

"I've seen footage of babies born with an eye in the middle of the forehead, the nose on the forehead," she told the BBC.

CBS News

The US government won't listen to anybody, they can go fight with whoever for as long as they can for whatever "peace"/"democratic" reasons they want, but I don't want China to have anything to do with it and I want the US troops to stay away from China as far as possible.

My love and best wishes to those children and have no doubt that one day justice will be served.

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't understand COIN warfare. It really matters very very little how many you kill when what you are doing there is driving hundreds and thousands into the ranks of the insurgency.

But yes this is only a public humiliation for the US and not a defeat on any scale. It will still be a superpower.

China shouldn't help NATO for the following reasons:
  • Afghan people need HOSPITALS and SCHOOLS, not tanks and soldiers
  • China has a policy to use its military purely for SELF-DEFENSE
  • China does not need to spend money on an operation that has no relevance to its own interests
  • China's peaceful development doctrine shouldn't be undermined
  • Chinese troops haven't got any combat experience since the 1970s
  • Chinese embassy in Belgrade was bombed by the very group that wants China's help

But on the other side, it does help China forge a military partnership with the US and NATO countries

Unless the terrorists blow up the Tiananmen Square with a nuke there is no need to send Chinese troops into that Hell Hole.

Back
Top Bottom