What's new

Should Bangladesh deploy ARMY at the border?

I agree i did get carried away. But, now, all I see is that it is starting to become an indo-BD flame war with personal attacks from both sides.

Mods might have to close this thread and remake it with a better introduction.

U have unbelievable patience.

I understand that when you discuss on an Internet forum you cannot fully understand their emotions when writing. For example, when you joke with them, they seem to think your making fun of them or vice versa.

Unfortunately, that is what I am experiencing, people tend to view my posts in a hostile way. This is unfortunate ofcourse, perhaps maybe I am an Amercan and Americans have a bad image here. :)

Ah ! So, it looked like the experience was fruitful.

He was a proud Iranian loving his homeland in the face of US hostility towards it. I can understand his feelings and maybe what he has written was a "heat of the moment". I don't get annoyed or emotional on Internet forums easilly. We just need to understand each other more.

But later, I realized he was a blind arrogant Iranian and trash talks the US 24/7 so I had to shoot him down. Now, let me make this clear, the US is not perfect and has done many things that I don't agree with, actually I can trash talk the US all day aswell. However, I only shoot those down who talk trash of my country for no specific reason. :)

Been there done that. I sincerely hope u last longer than I did.
Regards.

It will prevail eventually, have patience and hope. :)

It is unfortunate that Indians try to hinder discussion through personal attacks and BS posts. It shows a lack of maturity and courtesy and is a reflection of their quality as human beings.

Ops, I thing Personal attacks and BS posts can only be made by Human beings depends upon whatever the circumstances, if there is anyother species made in the world which can do similar things then do convey me the same, atleast it will help conclude what makes you to see Indians as dehumanize.

Gawd.. what a lot of hot air on a non issue.

If BD wishes to deploy its armies on duties meant for Para Mil forces..its their call. Why are we even discussing this ?

Since 1971 India never conducted a single military exercise on Bangladesh border. They never brought any army on our boder. Bangladesh needs to respect that. What Bangladesh could do, to pursue india to better train their BSF(who are like goons and very unprofessional). We had an offer on table which asking india to deploy only bengali BSF on indian part which will drastically reduce the mishaps across the border.

One bit of information I need to share with you, people on both sides of the border call non Bengali BSF as PIG. Got the idea.. :-)

Since 1971 India never conducted a single military exercise on Bangladesh border. They never brought any army on our boder. Bangladesh needs to respect that.
Did it ever occur to you that IND saved thousands of crore Rupees by not deploying its troops? One of the columnists a few months ago pointed out that Indian's motive behind vehemently pushing the expulsion of W PAK in 71, was to make sure that it wouldn't face any hostile force at BD front. Perhaps like the GEN of Ershad and MUA would always climb on the power echelon to ensure just that notion. So we were actually made defenseless and the foulest of the fools by the name of handling independence that resembled Arabs becoming feel good independent after ottoman's break up and that too was by the BRITs/Westerners, who helped IND in 71 covertly by spreading Media lies, creating emotional hodge-podge, sectionalizing events etc..

Last edited:
you cannot fool a whole lot of people with all that media and hodge podge things unless the people themselves are involved in it.

I mean lets face it language barrier apart, there were definitely some lapses which caused the 71 war and ultimately the division of Pak. Lets put it there for now.

WHy should BD deploy forces in such high numbers when there BDR is doing its job pretty well? why do you want international pressure on urself Mr.BD when u are doing just fine?

This is a pretty old thread relating to unique situation at the time when tensions between India and Bangladesh were high. How did this thread come up again?

Did it ever occur to you that IND saved thousands of crore Rupees by not deploying its troops? One of the columnists a few months ago pointed out that Indian's motive behind vehemently pushing the expulsion of W PAK in 71, was to make sure that it wouldn't face any hostile force at BD front. Perhaps like the GEN of Ershad and MUA would always climb on the power echelon to ensure just that notion. So we were actually made defenseless and the foulest of the fools by the name of handling independence that resembled Arabs becoming feel good independent after ottoman's break up and that too was by the BRITs/Westerners, who helped IND in 71 covertly by spreading Media lies, creating emotional hodge-podge, sectionalizing events etc..

I belongs to post 71 generation. So I did not see the media in 1971 but what I see is the mass graveyard in Bangladesh, I see the pain and sorrow who lost the loved ones in 71, I see raped women still cry and look for justice and the people did that are now member of parliament in Pakistan...
thats the reality.. and shame ... I dont care who won or who lost and in the meantime who became defenceless or not... The most defenceless people are those who are in the wrong side of morality.

I belongs to post 71 generation. So I did not see the media in 1971 but what I see is the mass graveyard in Bangladesh, I see the pain and sorrow who lost the loved ones in 71, I see raped women still cry and look for justice and the people did that are now member of parliament in Pakistan...
thats the reality.. and shame ... I dont care who won or who lost and in the meantime who became defenceless or not... The most defenceless people are those who are in the wrong side of morality.

Priyo Choto Bhai,

Sundar likhte parar janno tomake avinandan. And it is no wonder to me that you are after 71s borne since I'm well aware of the 'Brilliant brain washing scheme' of your generation. Having said that I want to ask where in BD do you see mass graveyards and what is the confirmation that the dead are Bengalis? Just little food for thoughts; Up until today, none of the GOBs has produced a list of dead, although 500,000 Muktijuddhas have been certified and also Rajakar's lists have been promulgated. And why in the world none of the diplomats of BD has dared to stand up against PK- one's claim that the 26,000 lives have been lost in 71s war? It seems Stalin’s comment (Like the death of a soldier is countable but millions is statistics) dries up over time. During my 24 years of staying in BD, I had traveled over 40 out of its 64 districts, closely observed its landscape, terrain and figured out that 26000 deaths in 9 months were in fact a lot.

Now, please listen to this, I lost two of the finest men of our family (My Dada and Chacha) but 37 years pushed it into the back burner of our memory. And what was the rational behind raped woman crying after 37 years while home grown rapists were scoring centuries (Note that Chatra League's leader in JU raped over 100girls and Joinal Hazari's infamous 'Test koittam chai' didn't spare pretty woman in Feni). I have speculated it logically over the years and the proof of it has later been handed by no one but an Indian named Sarmila Bose. If you refer JI parliamentarians as rapists then wait for that day when none of the pious/conscious Muslims would be spared from having that level. Finally Malaon conspirators has already started to link our people with Mumbai attack, so wake up to save a boxed up land from 3 sides by real the enemies if you really love BD instead of getting bought out by Iraqi WMD, AQ' s presence everywhere, 3million Bengali and 6 million Jew's deaths type of lies.

Bangladesh deploying its forces on the border in these days would really assist Pakistan.

If Indians remain worried about multiple fronts they'll never think aggressively. Bangladesh is turning out to be a reliable partner in the effort against India. The day Bangladesh allows airbases to Pakistan that would really change the dynamics of South Asia. Of course theres no point in doing so now, the PAF is not so strong that it can go deploying in foreign countries.

I'm sure Bangladesh would perform a scenario changing role in the future.

Bangladesh deploying its forces on the border in these days would really assist Pakistan.

If Indians remain worried about multiple fronts they'll never think aggressively. Bangladesh is turning out to be a reliable partner in the effort against India. The day Bangladesh allows airbases to Pakistan that would really change the dynamics of South Asia. Of course theres no point in doing so now, the PAF is not so strong that it can go deploying in foreign countries.

I'm sure Bangladesh would perform a scenario changing role in the future.

India is not interested war however it is interested in taking out terrorist in them, BD amassing army at its border or allowing its airbases to Pakistan hardly makes any difference.

well bangladesh could do one thing at the moment: take those illegal bangaldeshis who have infested our lands.
I'm not pro-india or anything but i hate when migrants occupy our lands.

This thread is not going anywhere.As said by Munshi bhai,BDR and BA both have different roles.BDR is performing its job well,so need to convert BDR into BD Army.Any troop build up in the border will only aggravate the situation in this unstable part of the world.
Let's face the reality,BD depends on India economically and in case war breaks out,BD can't compete with India.And no one will come to save us,not even China.
We are a peaceful and defensive nation,and I think we should remain like that.However,that does not mean we should stop spending on military.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom