What's new

Short interview with Morgan Stanley's Chef Economist about China

Mr. Stephen Roach gives a very accessible account of the US trade imbalance. He says that the US has a trade deficit with 90 countries. Consequently, pressing China to raise the value of the yuan is not going to solve the problem. The US must find a way to fix its federal budget and increase its savings rate. It's a good video and I recommend you watch it.

Mr. Stephen Roach gives a very accessible account of the US trade imbalance. He says that the US has a trade deficit with 90 countries. Consequently, pressing China to raise the value of the yuan is not going to solve the problem. The US must find a way to fix its federal budget and increase its savings rate. It's a good video and I recommend you watch it.

I think he probably will approves of China's new five year plan as it looks to address many of the concerns he raised about the Chinese economy.

Stephen Roach (along with James Fallows) was interviewed by Charlie Rose last year. Charlie Rose was of course so much better than the girl from the Yale video and the interview was a lot more intellectually stimulating.

Charlie Rose - China's Economy

The best interview on Chinese economy I've heard recently is the one Sinica podcast did with Arthur Kroeber.
Attack of the China Bears

Back
Top Bottom