What's new

Shooting down of Indian MiGs In Kargil

Dear All The Fact of the Matter Remains...

a) Gnat landed in Pakistan Teritory and is a War Trophy for them.
b) In 1999 PAF didnt dare attack IAF as it would have lead to Full Scale War. Result Pak Soldiders were Chopped.
c) Kargil War Helped Pakistan Hight Kashmir Issue one Again - BUT at what Cost...

D) Not an Iota of Land Mass was Added to Pakistan nor Acceded by India.
Rather Internationally Pakistans name was Tarnished.

A SPADE REMAINS A SPADE

Dear All The Fact of the Matter Remains...

a) Gnat landed in Pakistan Teritory and is a War Trophy for them.

Landed?

how convenient
@Windjammer post the picture of the one that didnt have such a soft landing

anyways, Spade is a Spade and 2 MIGs were shot down.. they didnt land but an ANZA landed on them.

not a bad record for a shoulder fire fired SAM's debut made by a third word country ;)

Landed?

how convenient

anyways, Spade is a Spade and 2 MIGs were shot down.. they didnt land but an ANZA landed on them.

not a bad record for a shoulder fire fired SAM's debut made by a third word country ;)
Well I'm sure the tall talking person has seen them however one does wonder, why do Indian pilots decide to land in Pakistan or their instruments malfunction once they are over Pakistani territory and more astonishingly the weather always turns worse on the Indian side hence they lose their direction, I mean is God kind to us or he simply hates Indian pilots.

Well I'm sure the tall talking person has seen them however one does wonder, why do Indian pilots decide to land in Pakistan
well they know we dont have the tradition of shooting unarmed planes and also allow the armed ones to land who surrender.

God is on no one's side in a war. we are all His creation. the difference between PAF and IAF is, who gets the Bollywood coverage and who doesnt.

like we dont know the planes or the pilots who force landed that Indian helicopter some time ago. we dont make a mountain of a molehill

Landed?

how convenient

Janab ---Gnat Landed in Pakistan in 1965

You Shot Down only 1 Mig 27 where as Mig 21 had Engine Burn Out.

Lets us Live Reality Rather Paint Illusion.

Janab ---Gnat Landed in Pakistan in 1965

You Shot Down only 1 Mig 27 where as Mig 21 had Engine Burn Out.

Lets us Live Reality Rather Paint Illusion.
Off course he landed, after lowering his flaps and undercarriage in surrender when it became aware of the presence of what Indian pilots termed the Badmash.
Isn't it ironic that after losing two aircraft, Indians start making lame excuses, claiming one was hit while flying in Indian territory but some how the wreckage falls in Pakistani area and the other one malfunctioned, but that happens in Pakistani airspace. .... talk about Painting illusions and making Bollywood masala.

The subject at hand is the shooting down of indian MIGs by Pakistan , lets stick to that

2wegyva.jpg

Yes, Pakistani forces indeed got a Mig 27 and an Mi 17 kill for their stinger missiles..
But what happened later on, changed the course of the friction and also it became a new topic to study in the syllabus of Modern airwarfare..
I think all of you people know that no country ever operated fighter planes at that altitude and those Mig27s when they went on a bombing run, they developed a biggest flaw..The compressor could not create enough pressure since the air pressure is very very low..Hence the total thrust developed was not enough for the turbofans to fly..This malfunction caused the Mig27 to fly so low without any thrust to operate and at this time the Pakistani intruders got a stinger kill..
Otherwise, hitting a Mig27 with a stinger missile is a higly unlikely scenario in a normal air warfare..
After discovering this, the IAF came up with a different strategy to bombard the post occupied and that is where the use of LGBs first came into IAF..
On this no need of unnecessary chest thumping from any body..Both Forces did what they are to adviced to do from both side's Baapus..
But there is a code of conduct to treat POW(Prisoners of war) as per UN's directives..India Never disrespected fallen soldiers even when they are from enemy's side..But what Pakistani forces did at that time to POWs and Bodies of Indian soldiers, was beyond cruelty..Nobody can deny this claim, because I saw them from my own eyes..If there is any Pakistani soldier or officer here who can deny this claim, pls come up and confront me..
Indian Army recommended gallantry award for a Pakistani officer by looking at his brave fight..Where as Pakistani Army or Army sponsored terrorists, mutilated Indian officer's body, tortured him , cut his organs and burnt his eyes when he was alive..
Can any Pakistani claim that Indian Army have done it ever to any of its adversaries let alone Pakistan???
Answer this, and we shall move on further..
Thanks..

@Harisudan : A few points mate:
1. MiG-27s were on a rocket and gun attack and not a bombing run,during which his engine flamed out.
2. Pakistan has also downed a MiG 21 and a Mi-17.
3. Pakistan also scored hits against a Canberra and Mi-17, both returned safe.
4. The number of surface to air kills pales in comparison to the number of sorties,amount of ordanance dropped and the number of missiles fired.

Shooting down of these Migs inside Pakistan territory was a clear proof that Indians had gone crazy & they were unable to find the Mujaheddin who were kicking their a**es all over the place.

Shooting down of these Migs inside Pakistan territory was a clear proof that Indians had gone crazy & they were unable to find the Mujaheddin who were kicking their a**es all over the place.
---
yes for short time.. Mujahids... were had advantge..
then
rest his history.. who got taste of bofors...LGBs...
so hope you know it

After 15 years and acknowledgement a from Pakistani generals and the government, you're still sticking with the mujahideen story?? Damn! You've got a pair on you :p:

After 15 years and acknowledgement a from Pakistani generals and the government, you're still sticking with the mujahideen story?? Damn! You've got a pair on you :p:

So why are you crying?

@Harisudan : A few points mate:
1. MiG-27s were on a rocket and gun attack and not a bombing run,during which his engine flamed out.
2. Pakistan has also downed a MiG 21 and a Mi-17.
3. Pakistan also scored hits against a Canberra and Mi-17, both returned safe.
4. The number of surface to air kills pales in comparison to the number of sorties,amount of ordanance dropped and the number of missiles fired.
Dear Acetophenol,
Thanks for the above points..
If you are a Veteran, then I have few doubts to be clarified by you since I was from a different unit..
1. Bombing run was done by which fighter?and what was the delivery package and on which guidance source??
2. What was the strategy they adopted to overcome the compressor snag developed during the Mig 27s kills..
3. And BTW Mig 21 was not a kill, it was a crash..Hence I din include it..
I respect your comments as it is hoping that you are a veteran..Hence answer the questions above, asked, because,
any internet fanboy will give a different story and only a veteran who served at that time in the airforce could give the right answers..
Pls don consider me rude, it is just to know the credibilityof the source to which I'm discussing things..

Thanks in anticipation

Dear Acetophenol,
Thanks for the above points..
If you are a Veteran, then I have few doubts to be clarified by you since I was from a different unit..
1. Bombing run was done by which fighter?and what was the delivery package and on which guidance source??
2. What was the strategy they adopted to overcome the compressor snag developed during the Mig 27s kills..
3. And BTW Mig 21 was not a kill, it was a crash..Hence I din include it..
I respect your comments as it is hoping that you are a veteran..Hence answer the questions above, asked, because,
any internet fanboy will give a different story and only a veteran who served at that time in the airforce could give the right answers..
Pls don consider me rude, it is just to know the credibilityof the source to which I'm discussing things..

Thanks in anticipation
Bro,I am not a veteran,I was in my kindergarten classes while Kargil took place. What I posted were the info I learned from reliable and reputed sources.
1.Bombing was done by M2ks,MiG 21s,27s and Jags. But the downed MiG 27 was in a rocket and cannon attack.During the run,the engine flamed out,following which the pilot ejected . Its wasnt a missile kill.
Indian Air Force :: Engine Flame Out!
2. No Idea
3.The MiG 21 of Ajay Ahuja was trying to cover the crashed MiG 27,when he was shot down.
The IAF in the Kargil Operations - 1999

Bro,I am not a veteran,I was in my kindergarten classes while Kargil took place.

You were playing with Barbie dolls & learning to sing 'Mary had a little lamb' when Kargil happened ? :o:

At the same time I was bunking classes to play football as a 9 year old who dreamed of becoming Pele's successor ! :smokin:

And then I surpassed Pele ! :D

Back
Top Bottom