What's new

Ship-Launched Ballistic Missile Dhanush test fired

Then the weapon is no longer unpowered but is a powered vehicle.

You will have to FIRST design a cruise missile. Then you will have to design a launch vehicle that is essentially a ballistic missile to carry this cruise missile.

Now it gets complicated.

In order for the cruise missile to behave like a cruise missile after a ballistic descent, you will have to program the descent stage in some ways to allow distance and time for the cruise missile to have level flight -- like a manned aircraft. In other words, the ballistic warhead, which contains the cruise missile, must release the cruise missile at altitude high enough to allow the cruise missile to gain full aerodynamic exploitation so that it can have effective use of its sensor and maneuverability.

You have to determine the mode of destruction, as in do you want to hit the ship like a ballistic warhead, or to hit the ship like a cruise missile. Can you design a weapon that can do both, depending on what it sees ? Sure. How much money you got ?
We have one quasi ballistic SLBM operational, one quasi baillistic hypersonic missile and most probably Dhanush is also same, only added with similer seeker like Bramhos.

A pakistani sub can be sank if an Indian sub anchor next to it in the harbor and explode. Maybe this should be India's new sub warfare strategy.

LoL - dude you made my hot coffee spit out all over my keyboard.

Google is your friend .Dont have time for to do your job.

Guess you can't find it either. LOL. if you want to fabricate a story, at least come up with one that cannot be easily debunked.

India has very potent ASW capabilities.

We have 60~ ASW helicopters, TU-142, IL-38 and now P-8I.

Not counting the hunter-killer nuclear powered INS Chakra which alone has higher displacement than PN subs.

Add to that 9 Kilo class submarines and 4 upgraded Type 209 submarines.

Quite overwhelming for 5 submarines with 2 of them being 45 years old.

Yes, India should apply for the elite submarine club. Very impressive.

LoL - Like the indian sub that sank in harbor = without a shot fired in anger. ;)

Accident happened every where nothing special, we sank you sub I can understand your frustration for that.

Accident happened every where nothing special, we sank you sub I can understand your frustration for that.

True and we denied them the right to recover the submarines remains along with crew. Surrendering cowards meekly accepted.

Even their daddy USA was not allowed to recover the ghazi

It's your sub, sonny - I corrected it for you.

Guess you can't find it either. LOL. if you want to fabricate a story, at least come up with one that cannot be easily debunked.

There is no fabrication.Use some keywords you will get the answer.If you cant do that then dont quote me again.

I don't know why I feel that Dhanush's ASBM role isn't due to its capability to hit a ship precisely but as it is capable of carrying nuclear weapons,it can reach close enough of a ship and with nuke,disable/destroy it,just like R-27K.

it is my suspicion that some Indian Missiles are designed to carry low yield nukes(in Dhanush's case,high yield one) for various purpose.Look at Akash missile,Nuclear Capable,just to perform makeshift role of Sprint Missile,just in Akash's case,it is quite slower.
Dhanush is a quasi ballistic missiles which can be used as a ABM, anti ship missile and land attack missile roles using same base missile and for your information it can be fired in salvo mode with the support of ground bssed assets. If we decrease the depressed trajectory, we get significant range increase just to give you an idea. Can't tell you the exact range. Thank you.

If someone is thinking IN is foolishly spending money on this missle capabilty, be my guest.

If you want to learn, then learn little humility(विनम्रता). You sound like u r doing a favour on people here. :rofl:

What sort of Humility are you teaching me? When the member discussed other peripheral issue putting the main issue aside , I requested him to come on topic and thanked him in advance.

Back
Top Bottom