What's new

Shift in focus: Rise of Pakistan just a matter of time, says Morgan Stanley

I am hoping that Pakistan should quickly reach 1 trillion GDP soon on our economy. If not, that's bad.

@farhan_9909, is it possible to achieve 1 trillion dollars?

the only competition in Pakistan right now is creative ways of corruption and Lahore region is winning it, again. But, once the focus changes and we are able to control easy corruption money then only Lahore region will bring us out this dead state we are in right now.

No one will agree with me but I love history and how history shapes human.

:omghaha::omghaha:

Domt forget to include the govt in sindh in this unique corruption match. I have added 'again' to make your point historically relevant ;)

I am hoping that Pakistan should quickly reach 1 trillion GDP soon on our economy. If not, that's bad.

We will reach 1 Trillion GDP PPP next year (2016).

About nominal,i can tell only when the base year is changed,and we have the latest numbers of our GDP,you will have to wait 1 year for this

By maintaining 7% growth rate till 2030.

In next couple of years we will achieve 6% growth rate....and remove power deficiency and terrorism issue...and we shall cross 8.5% figure indeed...!!

We will reach 1 Trillion GDP PPP next year (2016).

About nominal,i can tell only when the base year is changed,and we have the latest numbers of our GDP,you will have to wait 1 year for this

By maintaining 7% growth rate till 2030.

I see, it is really essential to achieve it, keep growth regularly, insha'Allah.

We need atleast more than 6% growth rate till 2025.

if this year we indeed achieve 5%,than i am hopeful it will be possible to achieve 6% next year
Yes! Pakistan has a lot of potential. But that would be possible only if corruption is eradicated and politicians start to concentrate more on development instead of continuously squabbling with each other.

Pakistan is rich in natural resources but poor in their Management. It has a large amount of coal, gas, gemstones, copper and gold reserves. Other resources also included oil, iron, titanium and aluminum which are a necessity for any growing economy.

40% Natural Gas is lost in the pipeline every year according to SNGPL. You can prevent this loss by better management.

There are large coal reserves within Pakistan. With huge discoveries in Lakhra, Sonda, Thatta, Jherruck and Thar, it can add greatly to the economy of Pakistan.

Potohar region is an oil rich region in Pakistan. Some parts of Baluchistan also have oil but Pakistan is famous for coal and gas rather than oil. For now, Pakistan is importing oil for fulfilling its requirements but oil fields in Pakistan have enough potential which can produce more than its requirements for internal consumption.

Then there are gemstones and gold too that can be exported which would add a lot to Pakistan's economy.

But the moot question is whether the politicians have their priorities right? They need to get moving.

i really wonder if economy goes to well why pakistani friends complaints nawaz sharif consistently or there are else reasons ?

Yes, Once Lahore was a very modern city and Hindus and Muslims lived to gather here. I watched a documentary stating an old man that it was a proverb in that time that if you have not seen Lahore, You have not seen anything. It has remained a center of freedom struggle also. Bhagat singh used to do his activity there. Slowly radical Islam took Lahore in its grip and finished Hinduism and converted Lahore into a city which it is today. If I get a chance, I would certainly like to visit Lahore and see its survived legacy of art and monuments.

WTF

Lahore was muslim majority city just before British invaded, they brought hindus from India and settled in Lahore. And i advice you to stay away from Lahore or any part of Pakistan, you are not welcome here.

i really wonder if economy goes to well why pakistani friends complaints nawaz sharif consistently or there are else reasons ?
There r some blind supporters of every political party who will support their party no matter what other parties do in pakistan.And we have some of those supporters here on PDF

Well it will take atleast 2 decades to finish pakistan energy crisis.

PMLN govt does want to remove the energy crisis but it is not possible under this term,the best they can do is to bring it below 5hrs in major cities and beloe 7hrs in the rest of Pakistan

2 decades is damn much time. It can be removed within 5 years if a govt is seriously doing efforts for it not like Nandipur which worked only for a few days and in initial days made electricity Rs 36 unit and after that it was closed. The cost for developing it, was 20+ billion and is now estimated at 100+ Billion Rs due to inefficiency of previous and present govt.

Back
Top Bottom