What's new

Shenzhen's new airport looks like something out of a sci-fi movie

Fattyacids

Reaction score
A brand new terminal at Shenzhen's Bao'an International Airport will officially open in December after almost five years of construction. It adopts a honeycomb motif into its design and the facade is made of metal panels and glass panels of different sizes that can be partially opened.

Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport is the fourth largest airport in China followed by airports in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.

shenzen-future-airport-3.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-4.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-5.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-9.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-11.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-12.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-14.jpg

shenzen-future-airport-15.jpg

To be honest, I am not a big fan of these "future" designs, especially in large public projects. China seems to have become a testing ground for architects to experiment with strange building designs. It is of my opinion that government and public operated buildings should reflect China's own cultural heritage. It is really that hard to blend traditional Chinese architecture with modern design elements?

To be honest, I am not a big fan of these "future" designs, especially in large public projects. China seems to have become a testing ground for architects to experiment with strange building designs. It is of my opinion that government and public operated buildings should reflect China's own cultural heritage. It is really that hard to blend traditional Chinese architecture with modern design elements?

What is Chinese and what is modern? What is English and what is modern?

To me the days of separate cultures are over. We have a globalizing world going on here, and modern is now one standard and one culture.

The english share non of the "heritage" of their old days, as I doubt Alfred the Great was dressed in a suit or camo uniform.

Some may still cling to their "culture," You may know them as backwardass nations that can't even feed its people.

The per capita GDP of Shenzhen will surpass the 20000 USD mark this year。

It is only fitting that the city should start its per capita march to 30000 USD and beyond with a brand new futuristic looking airport?:D

Exactly!

None of these new buildings represent Chinese culture. China has become a place for western architects to experiment their crazy designs. Chinese culture is being raped. 

Exactly!

None of these new buildings represent Chinese culture. China has become a place for western architects to experiment their crazy designs. Chinese culture is being raped.

Shenzhen per capita GDP reaches $15,000

Updated: 2013-10-28 20:27

By Lin Jing and Zhao Yang ( chinadaily.com.cn)

Per capita GDP in Shenzhen reached $15,000 in the first nine months of 2013:coffee:, and is expected to exceed $20,000 by the end of the year, Shenzhen Statistics Bureau says.

Statistics from the authorities show Shenzhen recorded GDP growth of 9.7 percent in the first three quarters.

Six strategic industries — biology, the Internet, new energy, new materials, information technology, and cultural and creative industry, contributed more than 50 percent of GDP growth and have become the city's main growth engines.

Shenzhen's economic growth has improved significantly on three fronts.

Domestic sales of industrial products reached 50 percent for the first time; social investment accounted for more than 80 percent of fixed-asset investment; and the percentage of tax revenue was more than 90 percent of the public budget revenue.

Meanwhile, energy consumption continues to decline. :enjoy:

Spending in the education, health, transport and another nine sectors comprised 63.8 percent of all public spending, a 6.8 percent increase year-on-year.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2013-10/28/content_17065000.htm

What is Chinese and what is modern? What is English and what is modern?

To me the days of separate cultures are over. We have a globalizing world going on here, and modern is now one standard and one culture.

The english share non of the "heritage" of their old days, as I doubt Alfred the Great was dressed in a suit or camo uniform.

Some may still cling to their "culture," You may know them as backwardass nations that can't even feed its people.
Guess why the Chinese civilization endured when Egypt, Greece and Rome all fell into oblivion? We hung on to our language and culture, making us the oldest continuous civilization in the world today. Clothing, architecture, histories and our identities define who we are as a people. You want to throw all that away just to "blend in"?

While you can toss away your culture all you want, I am hanging on to it, even if I grew up in Canada. Our ancestors said 华夏入狄夷者,狄夷之. Once you lose your own uniqueness, you are no longer Chinese, just another banana.

Traditional Chinese architecture:
P_239557_1__647769932.jpg

Shit:

5657019169_e810bf3284_z.jpg

Guess why the Chinese civilization endured when Egypt, Greece and Rome all fell into oblivion? We hung on to our language and culture, making us the oldest continuous civilization in the world today. Clothing, architecture, histories and our identities define who we are as a people. You want to throw all that away just to "blend in"?

While you can toss away your culture all you want, I am hanging on to it, even if I grew up in Canada. Our ancestors said 华夏入狄夷者,狄夷之. Once you lose your own uniqueness, you are no longer Chinese, just another banana.

Traditional Chinese architecture:
P_239557_1__647769932.jpg

Shit:

5657019169_e810bf3284_z.jpg

i dont think its that serious. i mean most people, when they see that cctv building, knows its chinese and in china. most people when they see shanghai's oriental pearl tower knows its chinese. so what is chinese ? are we not allowed to change and evolve? should we all go back to wearing the clothes of 3000 years ago with no zippers, button or pockets? there is nothing wrong with these new futuristic buildings, better to associate the future with chinese infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom