What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

it's a reverse engineered piece! This itself says that!!!
do you know the quality norms used by sukohi's to manufacture this fighter?

it's a reverse engineered piece! This itself says that!!!
do you know the quality norms used by sukohi's to manufacture this fighter?

On the lines of what an Indian member said before in the Arjun thread:

When a J-15 is launching strikes against Indian aircraft carriers, your pilots can radio in and tell J-15 pilot, NO YOU CAN'T LAUNCH MISSILES AT ME, YOUR PLANE IS REVERSE ENGINEERED.

On the lines of what an Indian member said before in the Arjun thread:

When a J-15 is launching strikes against Indian aircraft carriers, your pilots can radio in and tell J-15 pilot, NO YOU CAN'T LAUNCH MISSILES AT ME, YOUR PLANE IS REVERSE ENGINEERED.

OMG again a Chinese has reverse-engineered (copied ) my quote...:lol:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/58608-indigenous-arjun-mbt-has-only-42-indigenous-content-2.html#post894598

And they say they do everything indigenously.....jus kidding :taz:

@faithfulguy, even if we order F-35 now it would start deliver in 2022

That would be sooner than 2025-2030 at earliest. As this is the first plane develop in Russia, not USSR, it could have problems...

guys!!!!
it's not about india buying F-35...we are talking about china's junk j-15 is been down played by Russia due to j-15 quality standards...

What quality standards?

In the report itself, the retired (or should I say Retard) Colonel could only speculate on the folding wings and engine, but the author of the report rebutted that by pointing out the prototype was already flying with indigenous engines:

Korotchenko said China was unlikely to solve technical problems related to the design of the folding wings and to develop a reliable engine for the aircraft, although the first J-15 prototype reportedly made its maiden flight on August 31, 2009, powered by Chinese WS-10 turbofan engines.

The fact is Russia's most advance fighter export to China is MKK2.
With J-11B, China has already gone one better than that, never mind an obsolete cold war relic like Su-33!

Its possible they might have flown one prototype without folding wings, but I don't see the point. They're not out to bluff people

obselete cold-war relic...? man ur knowledge of this is appalling.

In what way am I incorrect? - O.K. maybe saying that it's a obsolete cold war relic is a bit of an exaggeration but that doesn't change the fact that Su-33 is not cutting edge.

Su-33 designed in early 80's.
Entered service in mid 90's.
No major capability upgrades since.

Su-33 is not in the Su-30 family but it's actually a navalised/carrier capable version of the base Su-27 (It's original designation was Su-27K).

Sukhoi Su-33 (Flanker-D) - History, Specifications and Pictures - Military Aircraft

The Su-33 Flanker is the naval version of the base Su-27 Flanker

The radar on the Su-33 is the outdated N001 radar, and I don't think Su-33 is even compatibile with R-77 missiles!!!

Even Russian Navy is looking to replace these with modernised MiG-29K.

Which brings me to another point - if these Su-33 are so good, why hasn't India ordered any?

So next time maybe you should check ur facts before calling anybody's knowledge appalling.

BTW wat advanced 5 th generation carrier based fighters does RN use..?

this one....RAF_Harrier_II...dead meat for Su-33 anyday.

Don't worry about the royal navy, we're getting F-35 for our new Queen Elizabeth class carriers and what's more, since we're a level 1 partner in the JSF program we'll probably be getting them before anyone else.

Doesn't Indian Navy use Harriers?!

Anyway, this thread is about Su-33 and J-15.

Last edited:
Last year, Russia refused again to sell the Su-33 to China even after Beijing had offered to buy 14 of them, saying that at least 24 jets should be sold to recoup production costs.

MOSCOW, June 4 (RIA Novosti)

Curious... China offered to buy only 14 Su-33s from Russia?

Definitely, China was not planning to use these meager 14 Su-33s in strike formation in the PLAAF. Its main intention is pretty obvious here.

And also, Russia did not primarily reject the offer because of production line related costs issues. They had other reasonable concerns there.

10070718163219100cf619a.jpg

j15flight1.jpg

j15flight2.jpg

this one we need only 150 hehehehhehe wet dream . ok i sleep again.look like they again make copy of su-33 welldone great china keep it up waiting for pak-fa copy. i know you can do it for us.

Back
Top Bottom