What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Please beware that one MUST have Facebook account and log in to be able to access such Facebook link. A not favourable requirement.

I hope all posters posting the Facebook link in PDF Chinese Column are aware of this condition. And Facebook is getting more busy body nowadays, asking for phone number for account validation etc .. something I object to do!

But how likely is that these 20x numbers are for helicopters?
... maybe the Z-18F and/or Z-18J helicopters since the Z-18 VIP-transport has 381 and 382 and the Z-9S has 371 and 372?

Unlikely, because the LSOs do not grade landing performance of helicopters.

LSOs judge the landing performance of aircraft by thier approach angles, speeds, descending rates and which wire their arrester hooks will catch. Using US navy's point of view, catching arrester wire No.3 is the best.

It is also logical to built the second batch of J-15 before CV17's 2019/20 service induction, and train the pilots and get them ready by then.

LSO = Landing Signal Officer.

Last edited:
Unlikely, because the LSOs do not grade landing performance of helicopters.

LSOs judge the landing performance of aircraft by thier approach angles, speeds, descending rates and which wire their arrester hooks will catch. Using US navy's point of view, catching arrester wire No.3 is the best.

It is also logical to built the second batch of J-15 before CV17's 2019/20 service induction, and train the pilots and get them ready by then.

LSO = Landing Signal Officer.

Indeed a striking argument, thanks for that.

Again; I do not want to find a different solution per se; I'm only looking for other possivle explanations es. since so far we have not seen any other J-15 beyond #123.
Given that we also completely lost track of the J-10C and J-20 production it is however not unlikely.

Deino

From weibo - 蓝鲨小队,

0070jOSWly1fqif2g78s1j30rs0fmdit.jpg

Photos from recent PLAN exercises suggest that No. 203 and No. 212 have been built or at least planned.

15a.jpg

The grading board behind LSOs (landing signal officers) confirms the existence of the 2nd batch of J-15.

To admit, a confirmation is this clearly NOT, at best it is a hint or an option, but a confirmation would be a clear image showing a J-15 with 2xx-modex.

Photos from recent PLAN exercises suggest that No. 203 and No. 212 have been built or at least planned.

View attachment 468824

Also I don't think the are actually built since from all the recent images we've seen, none has a 2xx-number. However I think it is likely that these numbers are reserved for pilots to be assigned to these birds while getting their ratings.

J-15D EW-variant aka J-17??

J-15D "Growler"? :D:D

Expensive stuff. Maiden flight successfuly completed this afternoon.

But if it just "successfuly completed this afternoon" all these rumours stating it even entered operational service are plain wrong. :crazy:

But if it just "successfuly completed this afternoon" all these rumours stating it even entered operational service are plain wrong. :crazy:

Henri K. claims that it flew in the fall of 2016.

Back
Top Bottom