What's new

Sharma in trouble for the 'bird'

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
INDIAN paceman Ishant Sharma could find himself in hot water after giving a middle-finger salute to locals during the team's visit to a go-karting track in Perth.

The incident comes only days after batsman Virat Kohli was fined half his match fee for the same gesture towards the crowd during the SCG Test. Kohli claimed on Twitter that spectators were shouting abuse about his mother and sister, but later expressed regret via a Board of Control for Cricket in India spokesman after being charged by the ICC match referee.

The latest drama is the last thing the India needs as it aims to prevent Australia clinching the Border-Gavaskar trophy in the third Test, starting at the WACA on Friday.

It is understood Sharma was reacting to taunts from members of the public that India would find themselves down 3-0 in the series by the end of the Perth Test. The Indians were leaving the go-karting venue at the time he flashed the middle digit, and the image that was captured by photographers.

MS Dhoni's team has had three days off since their innings and 68 run defeat at the SCG, and yesterday chose to get their minds totally off cricket by heading go-karting.

They are due to resume training today while Michael Clarke's Australian will also kick off preparations for Friday by training at the WACA this afternoon.

Sharma in trouble for the 'bird'

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

First Virat Kohli and now Ishant Sharma. Why some Indian players are so fond of "middle finger"?

^^^^^^ I love cricket doesnt matter who is playing but i hate cricketers behaving disrespectfully. He is an ambassador of his nation and should behave in a more appropriate manner. If he is wound up by whats been said then he should channel his aggression on the pitch and respond by performing because i promise you if the previous games were difficult - then Sydney will be traumatic for India - the pitch ie extremely fast, bouncy and simply a war zone for batters!
Indian team should be practicing and focusing on the game not getting into the media spotlight for the wrong reason

Talked to an Indian on another forum, he said mostly Cricketers from Dehli and northern India do things like this, the Cricketers particularly from southern India and other parts of India are humble characters.

Talked to an Indian on another forum, he said mostly Cricketers from Dehli and northern India do things like this, the Cricketers particularly from southern India and other parts of India are humble characters.

Areesh bhai - i dont care what they do as long as they are performing and winning and are showing aggression - however to be constantly getting hammered and also be rude like this doesnt suite India. They should get their heads down and make their nation proud of them and then show arrogance or aggression etc

true , delhiite and proud :enjoy:. we respond in kind . Everybody knows how the Australian crowd behaves with everyone.

It happens when you get your backs seriously kicked. Remember 300 ;)

true , delhiite and proud :enjoy:. we respond in kind . Everybody knows how the Australian crowd behaves with everyone.

Nick - i agree on the pitch give them hell and respond to any remarks in the most aggressive manner. Off pitch they must be ambassadors - look at Rahuls speech before the series started - it got a standing ovation from all. How do you want the team to be remembered after they depart mate?

Nick - i agree on the pitch give them hell and respond to any remarks in the most aggressive manner. Off pitch they must be ambassadors - look at Rahuls speech before the series started - it got a standing ovation from all. How do you want the team to be remembered after they depart mate?

i get what you say , but sometimes when get pushed too much , you cant help yourself . You remember inzamam reaction to being called aloo when he ran(tried) to the crowd with a bat .It happens sometimes . Not that i approve of it .

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

It happens when you get your backs seriously kicked. Remember 300 ;)

I like your location . 'The most hospitle nation' :lol:

Isnt Sreesanth from the South? That guy was a joker, will always remember that slap he got from Harbhajan haha

INDIAN paceman Ishant Sharma could find himself in hot water after giving a middle-finger salute to locals during the team's visit to a go-karting track in Perth.

The incident comes only days after batsman Virat Kohli was fined half his match fee for the same gesture towards the crowd during the SCG Test.

Cricket used to be a game of gentelmen.

seems like lot many indian team members showing fingers to the crowd ....if they have done some good then it was justified ...by showing such gestures when are spanked by aus is just a stupid thing...better they should make their middle fingers to take 180 degree turn and utilize it where it's needed the most ....Hope you understand what i mean

what is with this finger thing... in the match one thing outside you are the show for your nation, you are representing them i know its hard when insults are being poured at you but it could be they were just riling him up for some show like this one..... he should have been more patient bcz its not funny when the guys that are representing your team and giving fingers even outside the match. glad he didnt do an inzy and beat the sh@@! out of the guys:p:P:p::P

TAke this
090112sptkart1_17gmqhb-17gmqhe.jpg

:rofl:

Man if that happened to Inzy, Inzy would have swung the bat at the entire crowd. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom