What's new

Shared legacies... Some male views on dowry

It is a personal choice and then its not like you find girls you like all the time, some work out, some don't, sometimes you just don't meet the right one..

True true. It might end up either way in both kinds of marriages, but atleast in the case of your choice, you have only yourself to blame and that is easier to deal with than blaming your parents and feeling stupid :lol:

You have a point but I can tell you its mostly related to cast, in some cast you have back breaking dowries demanded by the groom's family and in some casts it is equal to nil.. However the society has to change and it will change only when people change.. Liberal culture is the way to go..

Education helps too..

Very true. Its like a tangle. Even if you abolish caste legally, will people stop practicing it?

Sati happened in a very small section of society in crrent day rajasthan/MP areas and not among all castes. much more manegable becuase its much more visible.
Dowry is a bit more tricky thatn that. The wome should be strong enough to expose such people.
I'm giving examples from british govt. time when they harshly clamped down on it by use of law.

Inside Pakistan this system is leading due to non rational actors.

It is also prohibited by the core of Islamic prospective but still following...No doubt the late marriages in Pakistan are mostly due to dowry foundation..

due to this most parties remind unmarried & the serious expectation behind Marriages later led toward separation between the couples even families..
In sociological prospective this was the ritual of old ancient peoples..
But sorry to say those who take avoid to this think as the **** peoples..Every thing in depend of thinking capacity so until the smooth preach candy give by religious parties as well as the power element in society to the peoples this system is not erased...:oops:

These love marriages don't sound fun. It's like all the love runs out before you even get married. Two years down the line you are sick of each other.
Some might disagree, and unless you do not start living with the person you cannot guarantee how things will be..

Love marriages have the highest divorce rate, that's what I heard..
But there is the charm of not knowing about the other person in an arranged marriage. The new surprises and things. Getting to know the other's likes/dislikes. The time you both start to love each other.
Yeah but that works only if you do not have pressure on you for children, atleast in India there is a lot of pressure and in these days you marry late cause of various reasons and then the pressure cooker starts whistling..
Well, that's just my thought.

Maybe I am just traditional.

I respect your thoughts mate :tup:

498A is itself confusing its even make even an infant a accused in the case.There got to be checks and balances to minimize the misuse of it.

I agree with that. At the sametime, I have seen the real victims(brides) wanting to get out of the mess rather than pursue the b*****s responsible for their torture using this clause.

So How many of you here are committed to Avoid to make demand of Dowry...:partay:

True true. It might end up either way in both kinds of marriages, but atleast in the case of your choice, you have only yourself to blame and that is easier to deal with than blaming your parents and feeling stupid :lol:
Mate I do not agree to blaming your parents part.. in most of the cases the groom makes the choice if he thinks that parents are to be blame then that guy is :bad:

Very true. Its like a tangle. Even if you abolish caste legally, will people stop practicing it?
No, it will be done in dark underground tunnels :lol:

Mate I do not agree to blaming your parents part.. in most of the cases the groom makes the choice if he thinks that parents are to be blame then that guy is :bad:

True, I was just taking a pot shot at the arranged marriage system :lol:

No, it will be done in dark underground tunnels :lol:

It was supposed to be rhetorical :D

Back
Top Bottom