What's new

Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak donates $10 million to Big Heart campaign

Al Bhatti

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
July 18, 2013

Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak donates $10 million to Big Heart campaign

The donation will help provide food, medication and shelter for Syrian refugee children

The Big Heart for Syrian Refugee Children campaign received a massive boost when Her Highness Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak, wife of the late President Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, donated $10 million (Dh36.7 million).

The money will help provide refugee children life-changing access to food, medication, shelter and education.

Shaikha Fatima said, “Every single day that we spend at home with our loved ones this Ramadan is a blessing, and we should never forget the millions of Syrians without a roof over their heads or a motherland under their feet. By supporting the Big Heart for Syrian Refugee Children campaign we will show that refugees might be homeless, but never hopeless.”

The campaign was launched on June 20, coinciding with the World Refugee Day, by Shaikha Jawaher Bint Mohammad Al Qasimi, wife of His Highness Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, in her capacity as the Chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs and the Eminent Advocate for Refugee Children for the UN refugee agency (UNHCR), to help Syrian refugee children who have been torn from their homeland.

Shaikha Jawaher said, “On behalf of the countless Syrians whose lives will be saved and transformed, we are extremely grateful beyond words for the massive contribution of $10 million from HH Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak.”

She added that such acts of generosity “shine rays of sunlight into the darkness of the Syrian crisis, and give refugees hope for a brighter day.”

The contributions come as the Syria Regional Response Plan faces a $1.9 billion gap in the funding required to help over 1.76 million refugees. The number of Syrian refugees who have been registered or are pending registration with the UNHCR is now approximately 600,000 in Lebanon, 500,000 in Jordan, 400,000 in Turkey, 160,000 in Iraq and 100,000 in North Africa.

Panos Moumtzis, UNHCR Regional Refugee Coordinator for the Syria Situation, said that “this is the fastest growing refugee crisis in human history, with the first six months of 2013 alone seeing over a million new refugees.”

He said that women and children are the hardest hit, and initiatives such as the Big Heart campaign spearheaded by UNHCR Eminent Advocate Shaikha Jawaher will “turn food, water, shelter and medical attention from a distant dream into a daily reality.”

The Ramadan spirit of generosity has also inspired the public to make substantial Zakat donations towards Syrians.

Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak donates $10 million to Big Heart campaign | GulfNews.com

---------------------

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...-woman-appointed-unhcrs-eminent-advocate.html

Thanks to "democracy" and "freedom" look at where Syria is right now... Syria the nation that opened its heart for FREE and accepted refugees from all the arab world, now people are donating money for its people... is this where democracy and freedom got us? when Syria took refugees in MILLIONS, we never begged for a penny from any country... look at all this false advertisement where countries are begging for money and people are donating... and all of that because of "democratic" F$A terrorists...

DEATH TO "DEMOCRACY" AND "FREEDOM" WHERE THE PEOPLE WILL ACCEPT FOREIGN MONEY TO LIVE ON WITHOUT WORKING FOR IT ...

Thanks to "democracy" and "freedom" look at where Syria is right now... Syria the nation that opened its heart for FREE and accepted refugees from all the arab world, now people are donating money for its people... is this where democracy and freedom got us? when Syria took refugees in MILLIONS, we never begged for a penny from any country... look at all this false advertisement where countries are begging for money and people are donating... and all of that because of "democratic" F$A terrorists...

DEATH TO "DEMOCRACY" AND "FREEDOM" WHERE THE PEOPLE WILL ACCEPT FOREIGN MONEY TO LIVE ON WITHOUT WORKING FOR IT ...

I wouldn't sell my dignity for all world money. Check history in which most people throughout the world got their freedom the hard way, Syrians are getting it the same way now. Ask American how they got their freedom.

Shaikha and Sheikh is actually a status to be ashamed of when looking at what those people say in their speeches.

Pretty much sums up what Assad's regime is all about.

Aljazeera taught you how to lie.... read my FULL SENTENCE, don't just take what you want and ignore the reality...

This is pretty much sums up what F$A terrorists is all about, just lies and fake stories..

I wouldn't sell my dignity for all world money. Check history in which most people throughout the world got their freedom the hard way, Syrians are getting it the same way now. Ask American how they got their freedom.

so tell FSA stop begging the west like dogs then.

Pretty much sums up what Assad's regime is all about.

I'll take your comment seriously when women can vote and drive in KSA

so tell FSA stop begging the west like dogs then.

There is no problem for the FSA who represent Syrian people to call for help from civilized world against bloodthirsty savage terror groups supported by terror countries. And please, mind your language, you live in a civilized Western country, yet haven't learned anything from them yet.

There is no problem for the FSA who represent Syrian people to call for help from civilized world against bloodthirsty savage terror groups supported by terror countries. And please, mind your language, you live in a civilized Western country, yet haven't learned anything from them yet.

FSA represent the syrian people? Who chose them? Only 11 countries recognise truly recognise the opposition. Western civilised countries like the ones that supported apartheid SA until its dying days, profited from the black slave trade, giving billions to israel and pretend to neutral in the palestian-israeli conflict, yep that being civilised and FSA is begging to them. Maybe King Hussain was so desperate to become more civilised that it was the reason he married a low class american over his own kind, it makes sense. Only Scandinavian countries have no double standards or hidden motives.

The cost of freedom is high, for those who still have dignity.

It's Alarabyia baby boy..
Aljazeera taught you how to lie.... read my FULL SENTENCE, don't just take what you want and ignore the reality...

This is pretty much sums up what F$A terrorists is all about, just lies and fake stories..

FSA represent the syrian people? Who chose them? Only 11 countries recognise truly recognise the opposition. Western civilised countries like the ones that supported apartheid SA until its dying days, profited from the black slave trade, giving billions to israel and pretend to neutral in the palestian-israeli conflict, yep that being civilised and FSA is begging to them.
How hypocrite, whining over Western "savagery" while dancing over hundreds of thousands of Syrians graves.
Maybe King Hussain was so desperate to become more civilised that it was the reason he married a low class american over his own kind, it makes sense.
On one hand, you say that there is no deference between Arab and non-Arab, but on the other hand babbling about marrying an American Muslim woman and calling her "low class" to Arabs.. So, are you suggesting that he should had married an Iranian woman?:lol:

How hypocrite, whining over Western "savagery" while dancing over hundreds of thousands of Syrians graves.

On one hand, you say that there is no deference between Arab and non-Arab, but on the other hand babbling about marrying an American Muslim woman and calling her "low class" to Arabs.. So, are you suggesting that he should had married an Iranian woman?:lol:

jordanian, you don't know ME. i want this war to end, my dad lived in syria and told me how amazing it was people living together as brothers. You forget you supported terrorism in Iraq many times on here and you've justified beheadings and child soldiers. About you your king marrying westerners, it shows jordans like many puppet countrIes inferiority complex, slap in the face all jordanian women. I wasnt insulting arabs with that comment, since you called westerners civilised and hence implied many non westerners aren't.

jordanian,
:smokin:Yes
you don't know ME.
A person who has lived his whole life in the ME and mingled with people from all it's countries, politics is his main interest waiting a smelly guy living in the UK to tell him about the ME?! have I got it right?
i want this war to end, my dad lived in syria and told me how amazing it was people living together as brothers.
Your father has been there and I have been living among them, BTW I'm a few KMs away from Syria.
You forget you supported terrorism in Iraq many times on here and you've justified beheadings and child soldiers.
A person whose spiritual country is a terror state, who supports terror groups who have slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocents babble about terrorism, try a different approach honey, this doesn't work here.
About you your king marrying westerners, it shows jordans like many puppet countrIes inferiority complex,
Puppet to who? Just because we coordinate with civilized world against Islam and humanity enemies, we are puppets? Since you hate the West, why are you serving them? Get the hell out of there!
slap in the face all jordanian women. I wasnt insulting arabs with that comment, since you called westerners civilised and hence implied many non westerners aren't.
If your women are not treated well in the UK, it doesn't mean others like yours.

:smokin:Yes

A person who has lived his whole life in the ME and mingled with people from all it's countries, politics is his main interest waiting a smelly guy living in the UK to tell him about the ME?! have I got it right?

Your father has been there and I have been living among them, BTW I'm a few KMs away from Syria.

A person whose spiritual country is a terror state, who supports terror groups who have slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocents babble about terrorism, try a different approach honey, this doesn't work here.

Puppet to who? Just because we coordinate with civilized world against Islam and humanity enemies, we are puppets? Since you hate the West, why are you serving them? Get the hell out of there!

If your women are not treated well in the UK, it doesn't mean others like yours.
I said you dont no me, as myself. I was emphasising it.
I have accomplished more than you and I'm richer than you and most people in the west, King Hussain thought no Arab woman was good for him, weren't the jordanians raging that he married random westerners? Why are you talking about pakistani women in the uk, you either have no logical thought process or don't understand english and what im trying to convey. Coordinating against islam's enemies means secretly flying to Israel and betraying Egypt and Syria, cool. Do i hate the west? I think Scandinavian countrys are awesome. I just bring up some western countrys imperialist motives. It like saying if you speak out against slavery and colonialism it means your being anti-western or something, sorry people cant speak their mind and criticize their governments, try harder bro.

I have accomplished more than you and I'm richer than you and most people in the west, King Hussain thought no Arab woman was good for him, weren't the jordanians raging that he married random westerners? Why are you talking about pakistani women in the uk, you either have no logical thought process or don't understand english and what im trying to convey. Coordinating against islam's enemies means secretly flying to Israel and betraying Egypt and Syria, cool.

Don't twist my words walak, I didn't say Pakistani women, I said your women, next time learn to talk with respect.And for the rest of your trash, history is history, plus, I'm not going to discuss my glorious history with my sworn enemy with his shameful little history, full of betray to Islam and Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom