What's new

Shahid Afridi press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things pakistanis will never admit :lol:

At least this guy has the balls to admit it ;)

Hindustani,

He is making a general point. I am not a big fan of Indian movies etc. and I know there are many more like myself but my not watching them is not because of spite. I just think my time could be used doing other things (like posting here ;-). However I agree with him that this is a sport and should be taken as such. However the question was valid, which is that both sides prepare themselves more for a showdown against each other than with other countries because of the pressure and the inherent rivalry that exists.

In the end, I think had the Indian side lost, similar questions would be asked of them as well. So there is a need to deflate the pressure on both sides by talking down such matches. The Indian media was portraying the match as a war and that is bound to cause reaction. With sports, you need to pull back and keep the stress of politics out. The only solution is to have these two sides play more often and regularly.

y do Pakistanis hate india??

They themselves don't know why, I guess because they are taught so

I have not read any reports of this. Only of Indian fans giving the Pakistanis their tickets!
i was telling the personal experience of one pak fan in stadium and i am sure there will be good and well mannered indians fans too..but overall its hard for indian or pakistan to control their emotion when they are over excited. I will say again that having pride in ur nation is not bad. What is bad if you get this sense of pride by insulting other nations. Fans need to remember that teams dont always remain at top and will not be always winner. Few wins should not lower our character and this is for boht indians and pakistani fans.

Can we stop with all these cricket threads related to Pakistan please? The game is over, there is nothing else to talk about...

bollywood is trash. nobody in their right minds would watch it.

Hindustani,

He is making a general point. I am not a big fan of Indian movies etc. and I know there are many more like myself but my not watching them is not because of spite. I just think my time could be used doing other things (like posting here ;-). However I agree with him that this is a sport and should be taken as such. However the question was valid, which is that both sides prepare themselves more for a showdown against each other than with other countries because of the pressure and the inherent rivalry that exists.

In the end, I think had the Indian side lost, similar questions would be asked of them as well. So there is a need to deflate the pressure on both sides by talking down such matches. The Indian media was portraying the match as a war and that is bound to cause reaction. With sports, you need to pull back and keep the stress of politics out. The only solution is to have these two sides play more often and regularly.

I fully understand where you're coming from :tup: I myself don't have time to watch any movies nowadays... however my statement was directed towards a few individuals who claimed that "half" of pakistanis don't watch/listen to Hindi movies/songs.

I mean youtube speaks for itself :lol:
fx3wco.jpg

What why Afridi mention Indian movies in response to the reporter question about how to tackle the Indian team? That was really stupid. The guy asked you the question cuz you and your player failed so miserablly chasing a meager 260. What is he suppose to ask you about a different team? Where does hate come into this?

You're loosing from India, quiet a winnable game, your star batsman is refusing to take singles when most of the fielding is closer to the boundary, you come in and don't want to take power play and the we want to know how you can fix that and your answer is, we're fixated on India only, why so much hate". What load of crock****, man.

I really hope, from the bottom of my heart, that India flexes its muscles in the ICC and bans Pakistan altogether from the WC and other major ICC events. You have no idea how big of favor you'd be doing the entire nation of Pakistan. Not only will we move on from supporting this sorry excuse of a looser team who's feelings are hurt over a statement from Interior Minister to retirement news of a it's players to reporters question. What bunch of girls man. Another cool thing that will happen if Pak cricket gets banned is other sports will get a much needed support, esp. football.

I think Afiridi has got his IPL break now thats why he is doing Taqiyya by speaking in favour of india.shame on you afridi u r selling pakistan for IPL money.

Pakistan team gets rousing welcome on return | Sports

Pakistan team gets rousing welcome on return

Karachi, April 1 – The Pakistani cricket team, which lost to arch-rivals India in the 2011 World Cup semifinal, was accorded a heroes’ welcome by its fans on its return home early Friday.

Afridi was greeted at the airport by a large number of fans who chanted ‘Boom Boom Afridi we love you’ and ‘Pakistan team has done us proud’, and waved the Pakistani flag, Dawn reported.

The team, which left Mumbai late Thursday, arrived in Karachi in the early hours of Friday via Dubai.

Having recieved a warm welcome from cricket fans, Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi said he wanted to thank the nation for giving his team unwavering support during the World Cup.

‘To lose the semifinal was disappointing but I think now the time has come for senior players to be rested and new players to be tried out,’ he said.

Afridi, Younis Khan and Asad Shafiq touched down in Karachi, while the rest of the players and officials flew to Lahore, where Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman were present to welcome them.

With two Pakistani bowlers in tournament’s highest wicket takers’ list, and Afridi as the leading wicket taker so far, the all-rounder praised his team’s bowlers. But he said the batting needed improvement.

He underlined the need of a batting coach for the team, none of whose batsmen feature in the top ten run-getters’ list despite reaching the semi-finals.

However, Afridi refused to blame Misbah-ul-Haq, who came under heavy criticism from all quarters, for the 29-run semifinal loss.

‘Misbah wanted to take the game closer to the end and then go for the big shots, which wasn’t a wrong strategy,’ the captain said of his deputy.

He said members of the Pakistan squad remain very supportive of each other and the defeat had not damaged their unity.

‘The great support shown by the nation has really held us together after the loss,’ Afridi told reporters.

He also said that Interior Minister Rehman Malik’s called him ahead of the match.

‘The interior minister called me a few times before the match and I ensured him that the team is wholly committed to the cause of winning,’ Afridi said.

Emotional scenes were also witnessed at Lahore airport where dozens of fans mobbed the players while others danced around.

Pakistan Zindabad!!! :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:. In my opinion, Pakistan has proved itself to be a great nation today, with this attitude from the Pakistani people.

There is a difference between appreciating a few individuals in a country, & having an appreciation for a whole country. Gavaskar, Sachin, Manjrekar, Lucky Ali, A.R.Rehman, Amir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Urmila Matondkar etc and other Indians from all walks of life are appreciated in Pakistan. Indians are treated as royalty in Pakistan. We aren't talking about a select few individuals of a country, we are talking attitude towards the country itself. Most Indians still are against the inception of Pakistan, believe Jinnah got hungry for power, that the struggle for Pakistan was not legitimate, believe Hinduism is native to the region and Islam that came to India was a foreign influence. These are a few reasons that no one in India can even praise Pakistan as a nation (whereas the opposite happens all the time in Pakistan), & if an 'exception' (Shahrukh Khan) does, he is threatened openly in India for doing so. That is the difference between India & Pakistan, & it reflects in the general attitude of Indians as well.

there is no problem in accepting the existance of pakistan only the old people who were present at the time of independence want merger,many young indians are actually thankful for the seperation,praise of other nation is also an individual concern maybe you would praise but you cant expect other people to praise india as you can see from PDF that most of the hateful threads against india are opened by pakistanis and vice versa
and most of the hate against pakistan buy the current generation of india is due to wars,support to terrorist organisations

there is no problem in accepting the existance of pakistan only the old people who were present at the time of independence want merger,many young indians are actually thankful for the seperation,praise of other nation is also an individual concern maybe you would praise but you cant expect other people to praise india as you can see from PDF that most of the hateful threads against india are opened by pakistanis and vice versa
and most of the hate against pakistan buy the current generation of india is due to wars,support to terrorist organisations

But you believe that the struggle for Pakistan was illegitimate on the part of Jinnah, right? The reason why Pakistan appreciate Bangladeshis today & fully accept Bangladesh as a nation today is because they believe their struggle for independence was justified, as having an Eastern part separated from the Western one over 2000 miles of hostile territory was not a feasible model to follow. Even young Indians have not accepted Jinnah's struggle as legitimate, & when jaswant singh praised Jinnah, & blamed partition on Nehru, he was 'threatened' all over India & also by his party. India will need to get over this if they want to have amicable relations with Pakistan.

But you believe that the struggle for Pakistan was illegitimate on the part of Jinnah, right? The reason why Pakistan appreciate Bangladeshis today & fully accept Bangladesh as a nation today is because they believe their struggle for independence was justified, as having an Eastern part separated from the Western one over 2000 miles of hostile territory was not a feasible model to follow. Even young Indians have not accepted Jinnah's struggle as legitimate, & when jaswant singh praised Jinnah, & blamed partition on Nehru, he was 'threatened' all over India & also by his party. India will need to get over this if they want to have amicable relations with Pakistan.

You are mistaken.

Pakistan doesn't matter to most Indians. The question of its legitimacy is irrelevant.

We have embassy in Pakistan like any other foreign country. What else do you want us to do?

It is not Indian terrorists that are targeting the Minar-E-Pakistan, it is Pakistani terrorists that are targeting Lal Qilla in India!

We are totaly fine with having good relations and totally fine with cold relations as well. We just don't want your terrorists anywhere near Indian soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom