What's new

Shahi Imam Bukhari exhorts Muslims to vote for Congress

If BJP appeal this to Hindus
Congress will like it is dangerous for Secularism...
If Indian Muslims want more jobs and development in India they will support BJP
Congress will not come in Center this time

Bhai how pathetic can it be..............Congress isn't looking for vote based on it's performance for last 10 years (or it has notthing to show???) rather they are doing such cheap tactics & saying that we will do whatever possible to not let so called communal forces to power.........WTF.....last i heard India was a democratic country.
It's not. We have modified it according to the need of our politicians. At last it became a protectorate of criminals and patrons of communal violence :lol:

Both parties do this, and have always done this. Many hindu groups have, in the past, urged their followers to vote a certain way. But as a matter of fact, this is not what deserves your ire. Muslims or hindus have never voted as a single, monolithic group. The more destructive politics happens when voters are urged to vote along caste lines, as happens in central India. In the BIMARU states and a few other large ones as well, caste is the predominant factor that determines electoral outcome. And this has real repurcussions on society, that some castes stay empowered and others are downtrodden. Hindus or muslims as a whole are not really affected by which party is in power. As of now, caste based politics is the biggest enemy of our political system. Remember how Jaswant Singh had to make way for an ex congress fence jumper, because he did not belong to the right caste for that constituency.

I'm not saying that religion based politics will be any better. I'm saying that as of now, religion is not a big factor in the elections. I hope that in future religious politics will not take hold, like the caste based elections of today.

Mate, i guess if a party comes to power simply b'coz it has got the arithmetic of Caste, creed & religion right rather than what it stood for & what it hopes to do or how it will perform, I think it's better to END THE DEMOCRACY itself in India. If a vote is bought by a note, If a vote is bought on sectarian & idiotic lines rather than PERFORMANCE than India don't deserve to be a democracy.

Jama Masjid's Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari has announced his support for the Congress Party in the Lok Sabha election. Calling BSP and SP unreliable, he asked Muslims to vote for the ruling party.

In a press conference, the Imam said that nation faces danger from communal forces and that the Muslim community should ensure secular votes remain undivided.

Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) has expressed its displeasure on the announcement. Party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said Imam's meeting with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the announcement of support proves that the Imam is acting as a front for Congress Party. He hoped that EC will take note of this and act accordingly.

A few days earlier, a Muslim delegation headed by Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari had met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.

His spokesperson had said Sonia promised to improve the conditions of Muslims if the UPA came to power.

"The delegation put forward Muslims issue before UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. We apprised her about the atrocities faced by Muslim youths in the name of terrorism. She agreed that Muslim youths were subjected to injustice. She wants that the secular votes remain undivided. She said we should get united against communal forces,"Rahat Mehmood Chowdhary, Spokesperson, Shahi Imam, had said.

"We have demanded reservation for Muslims in government jobs, communal riots bill should be passed, and Rangnath Commission recommendation should be enforced," he had added.

Bharatiya Janata Party PM nominee Narendra Modi had on Thursday lashed out at Congress president Sonia Gandhi for meeting Jama Masjid's Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari in her bid to seek minority votes and trying to communalise elections.

Modi had urged the Election Commission to take suo motu cognisance against Gandhi for appealing for votes on religious lines and trying to polarise elections.

Addressing a rally at Indirapuram in Ghaziabad, the Gujarat Chief Minister had said, "Seeking votes on basis of religion is against the laws of this nation. I urge the EC to take suo motu action against the Congress president."

Shahi Imam Bukhari exhorts Muslims to vote for Congress : Highlights, News - India Today

My Take: I am really embarrassed to call myself an Indian today. It's really pathetic that in 21st Century Youngistan, Parties instead of urging voters to vote on there performance, urge them to vote on caste, creed, religious lines.......It's really disgusting to see that all the sins of a party that was in power for last 10 years are simply washed away on the pretext that they are so called SICKular party while who vote the other party are communal.

Sorry Imam sahab call me a communal I don't mind.........
I am Not SICK.....Hindi me bolu toh nhi hai mujhey bukhar......
Abki Baar Modi Sarkar...........................
:partay: :partay:

@sancho
Here is what as some would calls us 'Modi Bhakts' are fighting for
You have to make a stand a that to Now

BJP RSS also asking vote on hate and religion so why not shahi imam sab chalta hai

Imraan bhai this is the only election where bjp is purely relying on two factor one is anti khoongressi n other is modi and so far they have not uttered a single word to make an attempt to vow the voters of hindu community becoz they àlso realised their politics would not last if they deviate from development plank which every Indian wants ........

Back
Top Bottom