What's new

SHAHEEN III actual range 5000 KM ????

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
13419222_908371975941654_7485436169420359183_n.jpg

According to a report submitted to US Senate by their National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) , the actual range of Pakistan's Shaheen-3 missile is 5000 Km. The organization has access to long range radars and plethora of spy satellites with the added bonus of having experience of building missiles since 1950s,so their data and statement is as credible as it gets.
Pakistan is deliberately firing the missile at a lower range of 2750 Kilometres.
The reason of keeping the range lower is to have a higher speed. The fuel which could carry the missile to greater distance, is being used in giving the missile a higher velocity, specially when it re-enters the atmosphere.

https://www.facebook.com/**********...6691342443057/908371975941654/?type=3&theater

Army should not reveal its important capabilities so as to surprise the enemy with a big bang

Just checked the NASIC's Ballistic and Cruise Missile Threat report from 2013

It makes no mention of Shaheen 3 at all

Rather it has stated Babur has a range of 350 KM

http://fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearweapons/NASIC2013_050813.pdf

If what is being quoted in the unavailable facebook link is newer version of NASIC report

please provide the link as well.

Besides a lower range actually gives lesser speed.

Last edited:
Yes range could be 5000+ if you take it 3000+ kms close to the target and fire it :D

One need to understand, physics plays and important role, the coefficient of burn x fuel is not the only calculation to get the range, weight, wind direction, design and playload are other major factors too.

Given that even small achievements are boasted I would not be surprised is 2750 is extended range of S3.

Just checked the NASIC's Ballistic and Cruise Missile Threat report from 2013

It makes no mention of Shaheen 3 at all

Rather it has stated Babur has a range of 350 KM

http://fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearweapons/NASIC2013_050813.pdf

If what is being quoted in the unavailable facebook link is newer version of NASIC report

please provide the link as well.

Besides a lower range actually gives lesser speed.
Sir Shaheen 3 was not developed and tested at that time.

Yes range could be 5000+ if you take it 3000+ kms close to the target and fire it :D

One need to understand, physics plays and important role, the coefficient of burn x fuel is not the only calculation to get the range, weight, wind direction, design and playload are other major factors too.

Given that even small achievements are boasted I would not be surprised is 2750 is extended range of S3.

A lot of very important achievements, especially the finer points, are as a rule usually not shared by GHQ as a larger policy of op-sec and strategic perception management. I personally know this to be true for a number of previous achievements, so I am assuming the same applies here. Though I have no way of being sure with this particular example, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaheen III's range is more than the stated range.

I've also heard talk of "Taimur" --- an ICBM with a 7000+ range. Not sure if it's just a rumor or true...

No it is not. You don't go from 1500KM to 5000KM. The NASIC report was probably hyped up to make it seem as if Pakistan was an upcoming threat, much like the Chinese Sub managing to pop up near a US aircraft carrier years back.

5000 or not, our all moves are mainly India specific and even right now our missiles cover whole of India. So no worries for us at all.

Back
Top Bottom