What's new

Shahbaz says deal signed with China for Metro for 5 Punjab cities

Sounds very ambitious. Other than Lahore, not sure how the math works out for other cities, unless the plan is to run at a loss in public interest.

All the best though, very long term projects, takes years and years.

Because he is insane.....people go step by step by 1st getting enough electricity to go around before channeling it to a mega project....

Hell we are suffering for a number of years...esp in summer and now for Ramadan...shameless tinda!

Simultaneous development isn't a bad idea. More importantly the framework of such deals are plotted out by bureaucrats and technocrats, the politicos or leaders only sign off on them and claim the credit. Therefore there must be some method to it. When the metro came to Delhi it brought immense benefits, the utilities network that accompanied it was largely beneficial- so much so that for the last few years I've had maybe a dozen power outages, this very summer I had only three outages on only one phase out of the three phases, that too for an hour or so each. That's not the result of some path-breaking technology or technique but rather an outcome of smart and sustained investment over a decade. Perhaps Nawaz is now doing the same whatever else one may fault him with. Besides as I told @Armstrong, the Chinese are also involved in this and they must have given all such things some thought unless this is just an MOU and concrete deals will come out only after feasibility studies- it doesn't seem to be the case from the reporting at least so there must be some plans on the ground to provide utilities which will not only feed into such projects but also aid the common people.

Last edited by a moderator:
So rawalpindi / islamabad will be getting BRT or Metro train? i am of view that BRT will work much better in the twin cities unless you have really big bucks to spend on Train. Underground / overground trains should be left for bigger cities

BTW nobody is asking this question but what will happen to these private transporters? will they be willing to shutdown their service? Transport mafiya is very strong nowadays

I am bored to hear the same rant of metro trains for years after years but nothing on ground.

Sounds very ambitious. Other than Lahore, not sure how the math works out for other cities, unless the plan is to run at a loss in public interest.

All the best though, very long term projects, takes years and years.

Here are some plans

Faisalabad BRT

Line 1:
Starting from Airport on Jhang road and ending at Awaisia Colony on Jaranwala road covering major areas like Clock tower, Railway station and Kohinoor city.

hius.jpg

Line 2:
Starting from Sahibnagar and ending at Manawala. Covering major areas like Satellite town, Sammanabad, Railway station, FIC, General bus stand and Mughalpura.

5iup.jpg

1006200_350726381696993_1563954878_n.jpg

1011854_351069091662722_1495195920_n.png

Islamabad BRT

9204096054_9636f3cbfa_o.png

@cb4 are they going to take down the private transporters on these routes? or you are going to run BRT along private buses :what: am asking this because am sick and tired of these idiots....i know its their bread n butter but they have caused too much traffic in twin cities

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Shahbaz accompanying the PM? Why not the CMs of other provinces are with him to PRC?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom