What's new

SHAHBAGH SQUARE-A NEW RISE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at it though some of the organizers want Dhormo-Bhittik parties to be banned,the general mass never supported it.They never said Islamic parties should be banned.If they did many of the huzurs who supported them primarily would not have supported them.Please do more research and find me some such demands where they wanted all Islamic parties to be banned.

The whole Shahbag is right now wanting to free country from religious parties, so anyone who supports Shahbag is supporting their demands. There is no "supporting one part and disliking another part". If you are in for a movement, you fully are with them.

The whole Shahbag is right now wanting to free country from religious parties, so anyone who supports Shahbag is supporting their demands. There is no "supporting one part and disliking another part". If you are in for a movement, you fully are with them.

Mahi B Chowdhury made it clear......solidarity with Shahbagh does not mean that I have to agree with every thing the organizers announce!

Mahi B Chowdhury made it clear......solidarity with Shahbagh does not mean that I have to agree with every thing the organizers announce!

So you will go to Shahbag and protest but then say that you didn't mean to protest against banning of religious party but you don't realize that while protesting, for the first cause, you triggered the second cause as well. The whole Shahbag is seen as the revolution for secularism right now, whether you like it or not.

another question, why would you support shahbag when they demand death of a person without any records or proof of his crime? do explain.

সরিয়ে ফেলা হচ্ছে শাহবাগের আলোচিত গণজাগরণ মঞ্চ। প্রাথমিক অবস্থায় এর পরিসর ছোট করে আগামী সপ্তাহে পুরোপুরি সরিয়ে ফেলা হতে পারে বলে জানিয়েছেন গণজাগরণ মঞ্চের সংগঠক ও বাম ছাত্র সংগঠনগুলোর একাধিক নেতা।তারা জানান, আন্দোলন অতিমাত্রায় রাজনীতিকরণ, লোকজন অস্বাভাবিকভাবে হ্রাস পাওয়া, মিডিয়ার সাপোর্ট কমে যাওয়া, শাহবাগের ফুল ব্যবসায়ীদের অসন্তোষ এবং ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষার্থীদের ক্ষতির কথা চিন্তা করে এ মঞ্চ সুবিধাজনক সময়ে সরিয়ে ফেলা হবে। তবে কর্মসূচি ঘোষণা করা হলে পুনরায় মঞ্চ নির্মাণ করা হবে বলে তারা জানান।এসময় একাধিক বাম ছাত্রনেতা আক্ষেপ করে বলেন,“মঞ্চ ছোট করা হবে কি-না ভেঙে ফেলা হবে
এটা নির্ভর করছে কাদের ওপর আপনারা আমাদের চেয়ে ভালো জানেন। আমরা যারা আন্দোলন শুরু করেছিলাম আমাদের তো আর এখন গুরুত্ব নেই। উপর থেকে যা আসে তাই শুধু পালন করতে হয়।”সোমবার সকাল ১০টার দিকে শাহবাগে গিয়ে দেখা যায়, শাহবাগ থেকে ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় সড়কের মাঝখানে স্থাপিত বাঁশ ও কাঠ দিয়ে তৈরি গণজাগরণ মঞ্চটি ছয়জন শ্রমিক খুলে ফেলছে। মঞ্চের আশেপাশে বিপুলসংখ্যক পুলিশ ও র*্যাব-পাহারা দিচ্ছে
”মঞ্চ সরিয়ে ফেলার বিষয়ে বাংলাদেশ ছাত্রমৈত্রীর সভাপতি বাপ্পাদিত্য বসু বলেন,“আমরা গণজাগরণ মঞ্চ সরিয়ে ফেলছি না এর পরিসর ছোট করছি।”সমাজতান্ত্রিক ছাত্রফ্রন্টের সাধারণ সম্পাদক মেহেদী হাসান তমাল নতুন বার্তা ডটকমকে বলেন,“আমি ভাই কিছুই জানি না।”এদিকে সোমবার সকাল সাড়ে ১০টায় এ রিপোর্ট লেখার সময়ও শাহবাগে গণজাগরণ মঞ্চের উদ্যোক্তা ব্লগার বা অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্টদের দেখা মেলেনি। মঞ্চের পশ্চিম পাশের গণস্বাক্ষর নেয়ার বুথটিও খালি পড়ে থাকতে দেখা গেছে।

নিউজবিডি৭১ডটকম

So you will go to Shahbag and protest but then say that you didn't mean to protest against banning of religious party but you don't realize that while protesting, for the first cause, you triggered the second cause as well. The whole Shahbag is seen as the revolution for secularism right now, whether you like it or not.

another question, why would you support shahbag when they demand death of a person without any records or proof of his crime? do explain.

I am not going to Shahbagh.I do not support banning of religious parties.I do not support executing someone without evidence.BUT,BNP won't hold any trials.Their loyalty towards Jamaat seems like US's loyalty towards Israel.I am confused.I really wanna see the Rejakars hanged.And I do not who to support!

395159_434651793289457_83297398_n.jpg

I am not going to Shahbagh.I do not support banning of religious parties.I do not support executing someone without evidence.BUT,BNP won't hold any trials.Their loyalty towards Jamaat seems like US's loyalty towards Israel.I am confused.I really wanna see the Rejakars hanged.And I do not who to support!

It was an example. War criminal trials simply cannot be held in our country anymore, no matter how much we wish for it. Too late, its been 40+years. You can hardy find any evidence anymore and if you do, the clarity is doubtful. Most of the accused will be let go by INTERNATIONAL court standards. Sheikh Mujib was the one who made this mess. 71 was high time to execute them. Strange thing, the kids in shahbag who idolize Mujib so much can't even respect his one decision. Funny bunch.

Artificial rise has been descended by real force called Hefazat e Islam comprises of Taheedi Awam. Shahbagi murtids(organizer) looking for place to hide. Khel katam.

I was passing through sahabagh yesterday and the whole place was deserted exempt few police eating jhalmuri.and today in mid st of hortal there were 17 buses(I counted) and hundreds of ppl.what anybody dare or care to explain?it was around 3 in the afternoon today.

It was an example. War criminal trials simply cannot be held in our country anymore, no matter how much we wish for it. Too late, its been 40+years. You can hardy find any evidence anymore and if you do, the clarity is doubtful. Most of the accused will be let go by INTERNATIONAL court standards. Sheikh Mujib was the one who made this mess. 71 was high time to execute them. Strange thing, the kids in shahbag who idolize Mujib so much can't even respect his one decision. Funny bunch.

They can get evidence if they truly work for it. There are apparently direct witnesses, but I do not know about this.

I find it pretty hilarious when some angry Indians are cheer-leading those illiterates in Shahbag. Their government had even taken sides on the issue, a very dangerous mistake. Another mistake is their president visiting the nation while it is burning.

I mean, if they are so concerned about this trial, why don't they share whatever information they have from 1971? It is known that the Special Frontier Force (S.F.F) did intercept military and civil communications during the West Pakistani operations. There must be something there.

Also, not a word on JI's apparent terrorist links in India. Let alone a joint investigation :angel:

I also believe that working something out with Pakistan is possible. The key obstacle is that Bangladesh wants an official apology from Pakistan over the 71' massacres. Would the Pakistanis share information from 1971 under such terms? :no:

They have made it very clear that they won't apologize to an AL-led government :angel:

I really do not think that an official apology would make any big difference (practically speaking). Sharing Cold War-era information that can track today's living collaborators could at least mean something, and justice be served (regardless of party affiliation).

The key here is for south Asian nations to move forward, not remain stagnant or worse, backwards.

I fear we are all moving backwards, and the dream of regional economic integration simply remaining a fantasy.

And if so, it'll be done so under India's terms, and not on Bangladesh's or any south Asian nation. This makes the smaller, non-nuclear states very vulnerable. They intend to keep Chinese and American influence out.

And eliminating anti-India elements like Jamaat-Islami are the first step into realizing that vision.

Their excuses like: "Islamists are violent" are nothing but flimsy excuses that a 5 year old can do better.

The Indians are very nervous about China's 'string of pearls' and USA's 'strategic pivot'.

They'll do anything around their neighborhood such that things run under their own terms. They'll never submit to USA's or China's terms. Ever.

There's a volatile and relatively underdeveloped NE India with plenty of resources, but landlocked. Another major neighbor, Myanmar have a lot of resources which can give us great economic rewards.

Our politicians failed to formulate a strategy to gain any significant economic value by engaging with Myanmar. India on the other hand already have a strategy.

These developments, when seen along with the Chinese-built ports in Hambantotha (Sri Lanka) and new terminals at Chittagong and Sonadiya port (both in Bangladesh), and China’s move into the Maldives (where it’s reportedly providing “security assistance”), indicate troubled times ahead for India, as they complete the final links in the Chinese “string of pearls” strategy — to safeguard its sea lanes for energy imports, encircle India and dominate the Indian Ocean region.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/235318-dragon-gwadar.html

They want to keep the Chinese out from utilizing those two ports in Chittagong and Sonadiya. Yes, that includes the much hyped deep sea port.

The Indians want a link to NE India through Bangladesh. But not all on our terms where we are supposed to gain a fair share of the trade.

Another thing is that India does not have the necessary financial strength to finance those projects, including the transit. So there goes precious time and money on our part.

If they can finance the projects on acceptable financial and project management terms, then it'd be fine. But they aren't doing this, nor are there any strong leads at present.

I mean, why should we step back on our own development?

It is commonly believed that the AL is acting as some sort of liaison to make this happen at the expense Bangladesh.

And if they ever do submit to the USA or even China someday, then we can all perhaps breath a sigh of relief. India as an emerging economic and political hegemony will officially cease to exist.

Those kids at Shahbag do not understand these matters, and insist on hopelessly and desperately digging up graves of the Cold War with nothing but old bones.

And neither do our "educated" media ever report on such important developments like the Dragon at Gwadar.

Or in other words: "Unlimited Chapaabazzying" :rofl:

Same..I also don't know who to support but banning Jamat and hanging some Jamati leaders will not serve the purpose of justice we want. All parties have r$zakar members, I believe BAL houses more of them than any other party. What's BAL's loyalty towards them that they have to make them cabinet ministers? Why only opponents are being targeted?

I was passing through sahabagh yesterday and the whole place was deserted exempt few police eating jhalmuri.and today in mid st of hortal there were 17 buses(I counted) and hundreds of ppl.what anybody dare or care to explain?it was around 3 in the afternoon today.

It's called liberation war, you won't get it ;)?

Same..I also don't know who to support but banning Jamat and hanging some Jamati leaders will not serve the purpose of justice we want. All parties have r$zakar members, I believe BAL houses more of them than any other party. What's BAL's loyalty towards them that they have to make them cabinet ministers? Why only opponents are being targeted?

*ahem* in other news:
Kader Siddiqui branded neo-******* at Shahbagh rally

Rawr!!
35663624.jpg

Our politicians failed to formulate a strategy to gain any significant economic value by engaging with Myanmar. India on the other hand already have a strategy.

BangladeshiStrategy = Oxymoron = A Hell's Angel.

But a good leader may come with some fruitful future strategies. But no good leaders, we have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom