What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

In future here I think wheeled SPHs might be used more for counter-battery role leaving tracked for strike formations.

Any idea about whether do we have SADARM type shells/rockets for counter battery/anti armor role?

Leaving 12 guns for training PA can raise 16 to 24 regiments of wheeled SPHs (depending upon using 18 or 12 guns per regt).

These can be then divided within the 7 india facing corps level formations for Corps Arty Bdes (as partial/full replacement of towed artillery in these brigades).
I believe Pakistan use A-100 300mm MRLS for countery-battery role in Corps. Long range of 52 calibr wheeled SPG for strike formation in Corps. 45 tracked calibr SPG for strike formation in Armored or Mechanized division. So lack 122mm tracked calibr in division for countery-battery role.

I believe Pakistan use A-100 300mm MRLS for countery-battery role in Corps. Long range of 52 calibr wheeled SPG for strike formation in Corps. 45 tracked calibr SPG for strike formation in Armored or Mechanized division. So lack 122mm tracked calibr in division for countery-battery role.

A-100 has been fielded and its rockets are now manufactured in Pakistan. It is fielded with SLC-2 radar for counter battery role. Although A-100 can be used for other uses as well.

We have wheeled 122 MM MLRS too (not sure about its numbers but they are plenty) but don't have a tracked one.

For strike formations and for quick deployment PA has around 370X M109 series 155 mm tracked SPAs and 40X M 110 series 8 inch SPAs. That is around 410 (Rounded) tracked SPAs.

This is apart from towed artillery.

Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher (8).jpg
Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher (7).jpg
Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher (1).jpg
Launcher (5).jpg

A-100 has been fielded and its rockets are now manufactured in Pakistan. It is fielded with SLC-2 radar for counter battery role. Although A-100 can be used for other uses as well.

We have wheeled 122 MM MLRS too (not sure about its numbers but they are plenty) but don't have a tracked one.

For strike formations and for quick deployment PA has around 370X M109 series 155 mm tracked SPAs and 40X M 110 series 8 inch SPAs. That is around 410 (Rounded) tracked SPAs.

This is apart from towed artillery.

We have 122mm in large numbers that are compare able to Pinaka MRLS systems.

Pak army uses modernized 122mm systems ( that have newer chasis and digital systems , seen a few ) and large amount of older m35 or other old chasis based systems .
In addition GIDS makes 45km range rockets for 122mm systems as part of upgrade that is more than pinaka MK I range ( 40km ) ,
link http://gids.com.pk/refurbishment-range-enhancement-of-122mm-MBRL-ammunition

It is due to the “rise and fall” suspension on chassis. This position is the fall position for maximum stability and accuracy. See the attached picture.
View attachment 595226

These Howitzers will be newly built so probably is going to take a couple of years. will take even longer if TOT and local manufacturing are involved.
Thanks for raise/lowering of chassis; it is more stress prone. Instead a 4 very large blocks could be lowered which could also eliminate the trailer footholds. You can see in this for G6 from side and rear; this leaves entire tyres suspension without stress.

Attachments

• G6_firing.jpg
    G6_firing.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 154
  • G6_Rhino_Klipdrift.jpg
    G6_Rhino_Klipdrift.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for raise/lowering of chassis; it is more stress prone. Instead a 4 very large blocks could be lowered which could also eliminate the trailer footholds. You can see in this for G6 from side and rear; this leaves entire tyres suspension without stress.
I think price remains a huge consideration. G6 was bit beyond our range and we can get more numbers for the cost of a G6. If there were othher factors then Iam unaware of them.
A

I think price remains a huge consideration. G6 was bit beyond our range and we can get more numbers for the cost of a G6. If there were othher factors then Iam unaware of them.
A
G6 is probably the highest in price for the value in brings as a combined package; but the truck mounted remained a good choice in terms of a known quantity in performance. Nothing against the chinese, they have a long way still to go.

Time to induct A-300MLRS with FD-2000 air defence system to counter S-400
Chinese_army_will_purchase_A300_MLRS_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_System_using_GPS_guidance_640_001.jpg

Chinese-made A-300 MLRS Multiple Launch Rocket System uses a combination of inertial measuring unit and GPS guidance.

According Chinese military, the A300 is a two-stage artillery rocket designed based on the current A200 hybrid rocket system. China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation has extended the attack range of the A300 to 290 kilometers from the A200's 200 kilometers.

G6 is probably the highest in price for the value in brings as a combined package; but the truck mounted remained a good choice in terms of a known quantity in performance. Nothing against the chinese, they have a long way still to go.
Iam sure the PA assesors would have taken that into the consideration while evaluating the different systems. As long as the performance is within the ball park figure and the Chinese are willing to make any adjustments required they will always remain a better bet. Unfortunately given the resource constrints the cheaper piece will always win out. PA is also looking at locally manufacturing the units and might have wanted a simpler unit to replicate before they build up to what they actually want.
My theory and I could be totally wrong so feel free to disagree.
A

Iam sure the PA assesors would have taken that into the consideration while evaluating the different systems. As long as the performance is within the ball park figure and the Chinese are willing to make any adjustments required they will always remain a better bet. Unfortunately given the resource constrints the cheaper piece will always win out. PA is also looking at locally manufacturing the units and might have wanted a simpler unit to replicate before they build up to what they actually want.
My theory and I could be totally wrong so feel free to disagree.
A
I do think it was the price point at the end vs quality overall; just looking at that truck; it is really poor; it is not capable of traversing medium to harsh terrain more. Let us see what real battle conditions it can truly take.

G6 would be penultimate for Pakistan, it ticks all the boxes and then some more.

I do think it was the price point at the end vs quality overall; just looking at that truck; it is really poor; it is not capable of traversing medium to harsh terrain more. Let us see what real battle conditions it can truly take.
I do concur on the price bit. I am not privy to the trials held and what terrain was used for tests so cannot say how the system performed.
A

As per Indian media, PA is buying 236 SH-15 SP howitzers for US$ 512 million - enough to equip 13× regiments.

Assuming the reports true, I believe the decision resulted from the PLAGF accepting the PLC-181 into service, of which SH-15 appears to be the export version. PLAGF induction gives PLC-181 / SH-15 'economy of scale' and ensures 'on par upgrades'.

Back
Top Bottom