What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Pakistan army invites weapons from all over the world and then at the end select a Chinese one ... :dance3:

And India invites weapons from all over the world and then decides to make a crappy version itself that never gets delivered....

Pakistan army invites weapons from all over the world and then at the end select a Chinese one ... :dance3:
Not entirely true sir, we have chosen western options over Chinese ones in the past, T-129s being the most recent example if I'm not wrong. The fact that it didn't materialize has nothing to do with funds either.
Testing the capabilities of different weapons and asking Chinese to much it. That’s how Chinese are able to improve their weapons by competing against western weapons.
That plus the Chinese are more than willing to tweak and improve their products before pitching them to us again based on our requirements such as Z-10s to Z-10MEs, J-10s to J-10C (we're given to believe the gradual improvements were done with some of PAF's reviews about the original fighter variant in mind, I remember reading that by a senior member here, gonna try to find it).
Other participants like the Ukrainians in the Oplot trials don't go ahead with such requests.

All need to relax. According to response of some military members here. I think it's not inducted yet. In fact most recent reports suggested that Pakistan was again tested around 3 to 4 Artillery Guns. So I seriously doubt that SH 15 is inducted.

1) Tweet is gone...

2) The only source I could find about the sale of SH-15's to Pakistan is coming from Indian websites...

3) Not to burst anyone's bubble but India has a indigenous program to make a Howitzer of similar calibar and range....how's it helping Pakistan if everything from the UAV to the artillery is bought from China rather than made inhouse??
LOL.. You can trust Indian technology and their outcome? Are you real Pakistanis? Maybe one in US who are influenced too much by US hindu. Soon you will start praising India and curse Pakistan as a result of the brainwash.

Chinese tech are proven and mature. There is reason why China is the only country besides US , able to put a working rover on Mars. Pakistan is absolutely right to go for proven Chinese high tech weapon.
Not entirely true sir, we have chosen western options over Chinese ones in the past, T-129s being the most recent example if I'm not wrong. The fact that it didn't materialize has nothing to do with funds either.

That plus the Chinese are more than willing to tweak and improve their products before pitching them to us again based on our requirements such as Z-10s to Z-10MEs, J-10s to J-10C (we're given to believe the gradual improvements were done with some of PAF's reviews about the original fighter variant in mind, I remember reading that by a senior member here, gonna try to find it).
Other participants like the Ukrainians in the Oplot trials don't go ahead with such requests.

Selective posting.. The latest procurement is VT-4 Chinese MBT. Doesnt looks like Pakistan are going back to western weapon soon. Your example of T129 is an old deal which Pakistan is bitten badly. It leaves a bad taste and Pakistan learn their lesson. Go with Chinese weapon and it can never go wrong!

Not to mention the latest HQ-9B long range air defense missile system.

LOL.. You can trust Indian technology and their outcome? Are you real Pakistanis? Maybe one in US who are influenced too much by US hindu. Soon you will start praising India and curse Pakistan as a result of the brainwash.

Chinese tech are proven and mature. There is reason why China is the only country besides US , able to put a working rover on Mars. Pakistan is absolutely right to go for proven Chinese high tech weapon.

Again with the personal attack. Are you real Pakistani, are you this, are you that??

How're you on PDF in the first place?? PDF is banned in China. So again, I ask you....why're you on PDF unless you're one of the countless wumao trolls?

And you completely ignored the gist of my post and went onto personal attacks. I want Pakistan to be independent. If India can make artillery weapons, so can Pakistan. It has nothing to do with the capabilities of whatever China produces.

Read my post thrice before responding next time.

Again with the personal attack. Are you real Pakistani, are you this, are you that??

How're you on PDF in the first place?? PDF is banned in China. So again, I ask you....why're you on PDF unless you're one of the countless wumao trolls?

And you completely ignored the gist of my post and went onto personal attacks. I want Pakistan to be independent. If India can make artillery weapons, so can Pakistan. It has nothing to do with the capabilities of whatever China produces.

Read my post thrice before responding next time.
Ya man, Pakistan shall make their own battle cruiser, nuclear aircraft carrier, SSBN, SSN. How about making 6th gen fighter jet which will overtake US and China?

Nationalistic is one thing but if over blown with over expectation of making your own which derail current practical requirement of basic deterrent. This is a very very bad thing.

If India a far bigger country with bigger economy failed in it's indigenous defense program. What makes Pakistan to go on it own?

Japan try to localized their own AH-64 apache, end up bankrupt the Mitsubishi heavy Industry. Forcing the Japan government to waste money bail them out.

Can Pakistan afford local military industrial to bankrupt? Who bail them out? IMF, China or Saudi?

Ya man, Pakistan shall make their own battle cruiser, nuclear aircraft carrier, SSBN, SSN. How about making 6th gen fighter jet which will overtake US and China?

Nationalistic is one thing but if over blown with over expectation of making your own which derail current practical requirement of basic deterrent. This is a very very bad thing.

If India a far bigger country with bigger economy failed in it's indigenous defense program. What makes Pakistan to go on it own?

Japan try to localized their own AH-64 apache, end up bankrupt the Mitsubishi heavy Industry. Forcing the Japan government to waste money bail them out.

Can Pakistan afford local military industrial to bankrupt? Who bail them out? IMF, China or Saudi?

Pakistan has produced many defense products locally along with joint ventures. Al-Khalid tanks and JF-17's come to mind. It's also working on it's 6th gen aircraft project.....need I say more?

Pakistan has produced many defense products locally along with joint ventures. Al-Khalid tanks and JF-17's come to mind. It's also working on it's 6th gen aircraft project.....need I say more?
Those are joint venture with China. What u want is to fully Pakistan going on their own. I know Pakistan 6th gen fighter, on paper only. One need to be practical instead of over nationalistic and lost the basic direction. If Russia even failed in it's Su-57 fighter program. What makes Pakistan higher chance to create a 6th gen?

Those are joint venture with China. What u want is to fully Pakistan going on their own. I know Pakistan 6th gen fighter, on paper only. One need to be practical instead of over nationalistic and lost the basic direction. If Russia even failed in it's Su-57 fighter program. What makes Pakistan higher chance to create a 6th gen?

Su-57 program is going as planned. Once JF-17 Blk III is rolled out, more resources will be put towards Project Azm. It'll take some time but Pakistan can do it.

Su-57 program is going as planned. Once JF-17 Blk III is rolled out, more resources will be put towards Project Azm. It'll take some time but Pakistan can do it.

Pakistan lacks a lot of infrastructure to manufacture a real advanced jet,for example:Supersonic wind tunnel,40KT+die forging press,Static test device,Anechoic chamber,electronics industry,Engine manufacturing capacity ets...maybe you can ask for help from other,but it's not “manufacture a real advanced jet independently" anymore.

Last edited:
I think its waste of money gone those days for land forces to rule the battle todays war foight in air army shoukd transfer funds to airforce and navy and buy limited weapons for just capturing the land cleared b 4th airforce

Selective posting.. The latest procurement is VT-4 Chinese MBT. Doesnt looks like Pakistan are going back to western weapon soon. Your example of T129 is an old deal which Pakistan is bitten badly. It leaves a bad taste and Pakistan learn their lesson. Go with Chinese weapon and it can never go wrong!

Not to mention the latest HQ-9B long range air defense missile system.
Firstly, I meant T-129 as the last instance where we chose a Western option over a Chinese one. We always go for the best bang-for-buck. The Chinese weapons come with no strings attached, therefore it makes sense to use that route for major strategic assets like the HQ-9. But to say we always buy Chinese after evaluating other stuff like the poster originally said, is a bit misguided. It's not our fault you guys provide best bang for buck in certain areas. But we'd still happily go for western equipment if it provides an advantage over the other options. Can't keep all eggs in one basket ;)

Not downplaying Chinese hardware btw, it's as good as it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom