What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

155, 122 SPH are all part of PLA's C4ISR, even old howitzer has been upgraded.

The chassis is adjustable.

View attachment 769028
View attachment 769027
The Pakistani trials were also pretty recent, maybe they have remote data receiving capability added later by the PLA, but not remote firing or an automatic loader. I’m aware the ground clearance is adjustable, the custom chassis helps with other things too, but it’s clearance is still rather low compared to the other systems that were being trialed. Hopefully not low enough to create any issues though. PLA seems to have been using them just fine.

Basic stats wise SH-15 is right up there with the rest, as in range, accuracy etc, it’s also cheaper due to the missing auto-loader. I have a feeling china has presented a modified version in the retrials, as is the case with many such procurements, whenever Pakistan finds something that’s missing in a Chinese product, China instantly adds it, before Pakistan can buy another option, clever way to keep Pakistan buying the Chinese stuff. I have nothing against it, China is obviously doing business and also makes good weapons, which is why we buy them (financial favors aside). I just wish to see some variety so I’m hoping the Chinese one doesn’t get picked for once :D

The Pakistani trials were also pretty recent, maybe they have remote data receiving capability added later by the PLA, but not remote firing or an automatic loader. I’m aware the ground clearance is adjustable, the custom chassis helps with other things too, but it’s clearance is still rather low compared to the other systems that were being trialed. Hopefully not low enough to create any issues though. PLA seems to have been using them just fine.

Basic stats wise SH-15 is right up there with the rest, as in range, accuracy etc, it’s also cheaper due to the missing auto-loader. I have a feeling china has presented a modified version in the retrials, as is the case with many such procurements, whenever Pakistan finds something that’s missing in a Chinese product, China instantly adds it, before Pakistan can buy another option, clever way to keep Pakistan buying the Chinese stuff. I have nothing against it, China is obviously doing business and also makes good weapons, which is why we buy them (financial favors aside). I just wish to see some variety so I’m hoping the Chinese one doesn’t get picked for once :D
PCL-181 is a neat designed as per PLA's requirement, even the length of the vehicle was controlled to be able to mobilized on roads in different terrain within China.

2676D1B652027E5CAE719C1E8498FDD27DC09448_size24_w640_h360.jpeg

Pakistan Army to procure around 300 SH-15 Howitzer artillery beasts from China and deploy them along the Line of Control and international border with India. There is no link to this news at the moment but has been disclosed by a very reliable source.

EDdED_YVUAUHUD9.jpg

EDdED_ZU8AExd_m

Indians will feel the heat of these modified and highly capable beasts on the LOC.:pakistan:

1) Tweet is gone...

2) The only source I could find about the sale of SH-15's to Pakistan is coming from Indian websites...

3) Not to burst anyone's bubble but India has a indigenous program to make a Howitzer of similar calibar and range....how's it helping Pakistan if everything from the UAV to the artillery is bought from China rather than made inhouse??

Not to burst anyone's bubble but India has a indigenous program to make a Howitzer of similar calibar and range....how's it helping Pakistan if everything from the UAV to the artillery is bought from China rather than made inhouse??
I do agree with this, if we pump the same amount of money into HIT, we'd be creating a ton of jobs. We already rebuild M-109s there, I don't think it's unfair to ask for an indigenous artillery piece. However, we've indigenized a large part of our rocket artillery, or at least on paper.
As for UAVs, no clue. If we are buying them or making them, either way we aren't using them.

1) Tweet is gone...

2) The only source I could find about the sale of SH-15's to Pakistan is coming from Indian websites...

3) Not to burst anyone's bubble but India has a indigenous program to make a Howitzer of similar calibar and range....how's it helping Pakistan if everything from the UAV to the artillery is bought from China rather than made inhouse??
For 1 and 2 Read my last few posts.

For 3…check out the progress On their program so far.…
Indian SP numbers are 1/5th of PA numbers currently and this further procurement might increase the gap even more. However Indian towed artillery is a lot more numerous and better than PA.

that being said, I completely agree with the lack of indigenization, this should have been a local project, making artillery is not Impossible.
The sad part is that all of these projects existed in the late 90s and early 2000s. Pakistan was trying it hand at literally everything and anything, trucks, mortar carriers, artillery, MRAPs, you name it. The massive monetary and budgetary losses combined with the usual incompetence and corruption led to almost all of them dying out. HIT has been rather useless for a major part of its existence, or at least useless compared to what it could have been.

Yes PA is still getting a new wheeled howitzer, Wether it will be this or another system remains to be seen. PA tested quite a few systems. SH-15, SH-155A, South African T5-52, Serbian K1/K2, Czech DANA to name a few. In the first trials they seemed to like the Chinese and South African system more, SH-15 was almost picked afaik, but then PA increased the set of requirements, they want a fully automatic loading system as well as remote firing and data receiving capability (both of which SH-15 lacks).

A little while back second set of trials started with all these guns so we may see a result sooner or later. SH-15 is lacking these key features but that means it’s also quite a bit cheaper. PA also wants a large number of guns so TOT is going to be a factor. Personally I hope they pick the Serbian K2, it’s a very nice system.

SH-15 also has relatively lower ground clearance, I wonder if that made any issues in the trials.

Not yet, retrials being conducted, a few were purchased for trials perhaps, they are still in Pakistan, but induction hasn’t happened afaik.
It's not about cheap. A fully automatic one will require more maintenance, heavy weight, less rounds carry per truck. It will also limit to Y-20, IL-76 and C-17 transportable only.

It's not about cheap. A fully automatic one will require more maintenance, heavy weight, less rounds carry per truck. It will also limit to Y-20, IL-76 and C-17 transportable only.
Yes, the auto-loading systems don’t fit in with Chinese artillery doctrine. It doesn’t make them bad guns at all, just designed according to the country. In basic attributes like range, accuracy, mobility etc SH-15 is excellent.
I’m also interested to see if these can fire the new Chinese RAP rounds that have 100KM ranges through PLZ-05.

Pakistan army invites weapons from all over the world and then at the end select a Chinese one ... :dance3:

Testing the capabilities of different weapons and asking Chinese to much it. That’s how Chinese are able to improve their weapons by competing against western weapons.

Pakistan army invites weapons from all over the world and then at the end select a Chinese one ... :dance3:

Its a good ploy

It lets us know if what we are buying is actually worth it

Alot of the time Chinese product is just as good if not better and we get it for a much better price

Testing the capabilities of different weapons and asking Chinese to much it. That’s how Chinese are able to improve their weapons by competing against western weapons.
Or may be we just don't have the bucks to buy some good stuff

Back
Top Bottom