What's new

Severe Cyclone to hit Myanmar-Bangladesh coast

Warning ‘7’ for Mahasen

Authorities on Wednesday morning asked to hoist danger signal `7` on the stretch of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar in wake of approaching cyclone ‘Mahasen’ now said to be less than 1000 kilometres off Bangladesh coast.

In a Bangladesh Meteorological Department bulletin, coastal districts of Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal and their offshore islands were advised to hoist danger signal ‘7’.

Maritime port of Mongla Mongla and coastal districts of Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands were advised to hoist danger signal ‘5’.

It is appreciable that Bangladesh is ready to face this disaster as she deployed all its resources to relocate man and materials and keep the damage minimum. The role of media including internet is playing a vital role to educate the people.

Now let us wait to face MAHASEN and so on...

148320-Cyclone%20Mahasen.png

22 Navy ships ready

Twenty-two ships of Bangladesh Navy have been kept ready for conducting post-Cyclone Mahasen rescue operations and distributing relief materials, said the Inter-Service Public Relation Directorate.

The Directorate in a media release on Wednesday said coordinated control centres and monitoring cells were opened at the Prime Minister’s Office at Dhaka Cantonment and at the Arms Forces Division to monitor the cyclone that may sweep the coastal areas on Thursday.

It said the people wishing to know more on the cyclone or seek help can call 02-9834358 or 01769-014314 or send fax to 02-9834399.

The Met Office has asked Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar seaports to hoist danger signal ‘7’ as the Mahasen approaching the coasts travelled 175 kilometres in nine hours on Wednesday.

source: 22 Navy ships ready - bdnews24.com

So far so good.compared to last 3 weather disaster this time ppl are more aware and ready.until tomorrow noon we won't know the full extent of this coming disaster. So let's pray and hope for the best.

95 mph is a category 2 hurricane in the US, it can go upto cat 5. Having survived a few such events in the US my hope is this one will not cause too much damage.Please remember more people die from drowning from the downpour caused by the storm. Please find out if you live in an area prone to flooding, if so it may make sense to take precautions.

Here are some tips for those who are in the path of this cyclone. Good luck and God bless.
Hurricane Survival Kit

Breaking news: Cyclone Mahasen has hit coastal area of Bangladesh (Patuakhali) wind speed: 100km , over hundred homes are destroyed.

22 Navy Vessels, 4 transport aircrafts and 19 helicopters are prepared for search, rescue and disaster relief.

Be safe guys,take care.

still remain me Sidr cyclone :argh: the whole bangladesh was under Sidr. The maximum wind speed was 260km, that time i was in Khulna, that was really nightmare for me.
:fie:
Sidr_15nov2007_0930-1500Z_rgb_4k.gif

22 Navy Vessels, 4 transport aircrafts and 19 helicopters are prepared for search, rescue and disaster relief.

When Sidr struck,I was in Diamond Harbour.It was raining heavily but wind speed was not that scary.But,at the time of Aila,I was near bengal-jharkhand border and that night I was really scared.Never seen such downpour in my life.

When Sidr struck,I was in Diamond Harbour.It was raining heavily but wind speed was not that scary.But,at the time of Aila,I was near bengal-jharkhand border and that night I was really scared.Never seen such downpour in my life.

because Aila mostly went over India, on the other hand Sidr went entirely over bangladesh.
@scorpionx you were scared of 120km cyclone, on the other hand i faced 260km cyclone, most important part is that Sidr hit BD at night, more scary :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
because Aila mostly went over India, on the other hand Sidr went entirely over bangladesh.
@scorpionx you were scared of 120km cyclone, on the other hand i faced 260km cyclone, most important part is that Sidr hit BD at night, more scary :lol:

Last year I faced the same in Chennai. It was named cyclone Neelam :lol:. Me and my flat-mates went to the beach in evening, the winds were very very strong, and the flying sand particles hit me like stinging bees.

Actually,I had night shift that night and when my car was travelling in our township for picking up other engineers the scene was more than scary.All lights off,trees,electric wires shattered everywhere and we could not see anything beyond 10/12 feet because of heavy rain.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom