What's new

Seven states qualify for secession response from White House

I can already see what's Obama response, it will be some like this

"As the President of the United States, i have read and consider the pain our Citizens feels, but we cannot move ahead if we do not hold the same value, so from today on, i, as President of the United States, will invoke patriot act to cancel the US Citizenship to those who sign the petition, if they have one. If you would like a state without America, you are welcome to leave out union. This is your president speaking"

LOL

So people should have their citizenship stripped because of a petition?

Do you think Adolf Hitler would have agreed with the American right-wing about this?

Here we go again: another thread on the petitions made by private citizens that people think means the states are applying to secede. NOT.

You are pakistani who got US citizenship. So stop acting like them and stop bullshitting American people views. Its their country and let them decide whether its 20000 or 100million people.
And everybody have their own views... respect theirs. You are not suppose to be MR RIGHT all the time.

Another great constitutional right for Americans was the right to privacy. As this constitution grows older in come the Amendments.

Of course. The Constitution is designed to be amended to keep it relevant for ever-changing circumstances, but it is important to note that there is a prescribed process for such amendments. As long as that process is followed, even secession can be expressly permitted or denied, as determined by the outcome of that process. Such an amendment will be respected for sure, if it is passed.

Of course. The Constitution is designed to be amended to keep it relevant for ever-changing circumstances, but it is important to note that there is a prescribed process for such amendments. As long as that process is followed, even secession can be expressly permitted or denied, as determined by the outcome of that process. Such an amendment will be respected for sure, if it is passed.

How exactly was the Patriot act passed? If I am not mistaken that was something that came under the guise of National Security..

How exactly was the Patriot act passed? If I am not mistaken that was something that came under the guise of National Security..

The Patriot Act is not a Constitutional Amendment. It is an Act of Congress, for which there is an entirely different process. That process was followed for the Patriot Act, just like other laws passed.

VCheng is worried about his immigrant status... and we Pakistanis worried about foreign remittance. lol

No offense intended.

VCheng is worried about his immigrant status... and we Pakistanis worried about foreign remittance. lol

No offense intended.

"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman :D

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

The Patriot Act is not a Constitutional Amendment. It is an Act of Congress, for which there is an entirely different process. That process was followed for the Patriot Act, just like other laws passed.

Definitely a different process .. So it was congress that voted on this particular act? Did they also vote on putting Japanese Americans in camps during the second world war?

Definitely a different process .. So it was congress that voted on this particular act? Did they also vote on putting Japanese Americans in camps during the second world war?

No.

The internment of the Japanese-Americans in WW2 was done via Presidential Executive Order #9066, which which allowed local military commanders to designate certain areas as exclusion zones, from which "any or all persons may be excluded." It was done as a temporary measure after the Pearl Harbor attack by Japan, and was applied mainly on the West Coast.

No.

The internment of the Japanese-Americans in WW2 was done via Presidential Executive Order #9066, which which allowed local military commanders to designate certain areas" as exclusion zones, from which "any or all persons may be excluded." It was done as a temporary measure after the Pearl Harbor attack by Japan, and was applied mainly on the West Coast.

Thanks for clearing that up. So as of right now .. Can the President reissue such an order if need be? If so, what exactly is in the power of the general public to overturn such an order?

Thanks for clearing that up. So as of right now .. Can the President reissue such an order if need be? If so, what exactly is in the power of the general public to overturn such an order?

The President has the right to issue an Executive Order to help the Federal Government function as determined by his office. However, any order can be challenged in court to establish its legality and obtain redress if applicable.

If so much people want succession then how OBAMA was able to win in first place?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom