What's new

Setback' for PDM as PPP gets prized post of Senate Opposition leader

Damn, PML N left high and dry by PPP. Well played by PPP oppurtunists.

You said you support Nawaz & Co for being nazriyati in taking a stance against military establishment (unless there is another undisclosed reason). Did you hear what Maryam said today? If not, she said that it was all agreed between establishment and PDM to replace Buzdar. So it was PDM working with establishment yet IK took a stance against establishment. So who is standing on the side of civilian supremacy - PDM (Nawaz & Zardari) or IK? Did you not hear the demands of Nawaz for agencies to stop supporting IK - whereas constitutionally all agencies report to IK!

You should support IK, not these other lot with false claims. Also please confirm that civilian supremacy is your sole reason for supporting Nawaz & Co!
You and I see IK differently, Nawaz not so much. IK's 'stance' against the establishment, as you've called it, is really just a way of saving his skin in my opinion. It's a way of saying to them, "Please help me, you built me up and if you let me fall now, I'll take us all down with me". It's not sincere at this stage.

If IK was truly anti-establishment. I'd back him one hundred percent. Every party, every leader, all are manipulated by them. IK is a popular politician in his own right, but his ascendancy to premiership is tainted with their meddling. And they engineered it perfectly so that he couldn't form a government of his own, but would be reliant on their cronies to form a coalition. So IK at this stage can't afford to be anti-establishment, if he becomes so, his government won't see out the end of a month.

On Nawaz, you are absolutely right to caution me, he may be lying, and he may cave, mine is a fool's bet, but for me it beats backing their current puppet. One is a definite lost cause, the other is at least paying lip service. I'd prefer neither, but the alternative isn't there.

You and I see IK differently, Nawaz not so much. IK's 'stance' against the establishment, as you've called it, is really just a way of saving his skin in my opinion. It's a way of saying to them, "Please help me, you built me up and if you let me fall now, I'll take us all down with me". It's not sincere at this stage.

If IK was truly anti-establishment. I'd back him one hundred percent. Every party, every leader, all are manipulated by them. IK is a popular politician in his own right, but his ascendancy to premiership is tainted with their meddling. And they engineered it perfectly so that he couldn't form a government of his own, but would be reliant on their cronies to form a coalition. So IK at this stage can't afford to be anti-establishment, if he becomes so, his government won't see out the end of a month.

On Nawaz, you are absolutely right to caution me, he may be lying, and he may cave, mine is a fool's bet, but for me it beats backing their current puppet. One is a definite lost cause, the other is at least paying lip service. I'd prefer neither, but the alternative isn't there.

Establishment didn't build IK - he had plenty of opportunities to go up the ranks from Zia's time! He was offered ministry by Zia if you can search, by Nawaz too and again by Musharaf.

IK is not anti-establishment. Every country has an establishment (or deep state), USA being a prime example. But establishment knows the directions of the winds and they would rather have IK stay in power than do anything to oust him - he is more dangerous for them now if they antagonise him. Agree that his thin majority was engineered, just like the 35 punctures (IK has recording of Kayani on this but called it a 'political statement' later to signal that he won't expose them).

I find it quite shocking that you would rather support a corrupt to core haramkhor Nawaz born out of establishment nursery over a clean halal earning IK who did far more the country in his personal capacity before coming to power. Morality plays no part in your choices?

Last edited:
PMLN especially Maryam thought she is playing a game with establishment. Probably thought she had won after election of YRG. To her surprise it was trap all along for her and PMLN to be used like a tissue paper. In this entire episode Zardari took revenge for every ill Nawaz and PMLN did to him. What bigger embarrassment is there for them than Maryam making zardari her abu. On top of that even got her to say PPP zinda bad. This episode will haunt PMLN for a long time to come.

Establishment didn't build IK - he had plenty of opportunities to go up the ranks from Zia's time! He was offered ministry by Zia if you can search, by Nawaz too and again by Musharaf.

IK is not anti-establishment. Every country has an establishment (or deep state), USA being a prime example. But establishment knows the directions of the winds and they would rather have IK stay in power than do anything to oust him - he is more dangerous for them now if they antagonise him. Agree that his thin majority was engineered, just like the 35 punctures (IK has recording of Kayani on this but called it a 'political statement' later to signal that he won't expose them).

I find it quite shocking that you would rather support a corrupt to core haramkhor Nawaz born out of establishment nursery over a clean halal earning IK who did far more the country in his personal capacity before coming to power. Morality plays no part in your choices?

Agree to disagree on our readings of recent history. I reserve my opinion on Imran's past, but in my previous reply, I wanted to comment that I did support him some years back, and that today's Imran and pre-2012 Imran are quite different. Back then, he was an outsider, he was anti-establishment, and railed against Musharraf and millitocracy. Today's IK has used them to come to power. I don't want to sound too personal or presumptuous, but if you have any personal contacts in PTI ranks or other politicians, sit down with them and ask about the role the establishment has played in making him PM and continues to play in holding him there. If you hear it from me, you will dismiss it, I would too. But perhaps it's best to hear it from someone whom you at least even remotely trust. Please don't take this suggestion the wrong way, I think you will see what I mean once you hear it yourself. On Nawaz, I don't really support him, I hold my nose and nod along as long as the establishment is being rightfully taken to task, the moment a better alternative steps in, I'm out. For the entirety of his PM-ship I never once supported him or his party. I'm very happy to go back to that.

As for our establishment, I know they mean well. They see themselves as competent patriots, and see the ills of civilian incompetence as an endemic issue, and not for what it actually is... which is largely a result of stunted development, with their own interventions to blame. Our constitution is not supreme, our courts are influenced by them, our civilian institutions have no institutional memory or strength, they always cave to the strongest. Every era of hybrid democracy has seen the writ of governments undermined and political experiments conducted by them. This is a system that is not conducive to progress.

Thank you US Administration for knocking some sense in PTI and PPP to make them see that they have a shared vision and destiny for Pakistan.

roti, kapra, makaan, sehat and taleem Bhuttos will replace unworldly deities worshipped by Pakistanis.

Bilawal afterall is a promise of Late Benazir to Imran Khan.

FYI your posts are not worth more then this "kjsdjf;okj as;ldkjflkj nfdlkjglk;jdlfgiosdj khjjsdflgkhjoidfflghlsjd dfjsdlkfgj" just gibberish and no sense.
PMLN especially Maryam thought she is playing a game with establishment. Probably thought she had won after election of YRG. To her surprise it was trap all along for her and PMLN to be used like a tissue paper. In this entire episode Zardari took revenge for every ill Nawaz and PMLN did to him. What bigger embarrassment is there for them than Maryam making zardari her abu. On top of that even got her to say PPP zinda bad. This episode will haunt PMLN for a long time to come.

Right term would be Maryam made Zardari her "Daddy" and he disposed her like a street Hooker.

Some idiots think democracy means being anti army and supporting all movements that undermine the very territorial integrity of Pakistan in the name of dissent

This setup where the elected government and military are on the same page when it comes to domestic and foreign affairs sets out a much more cohesive narrative and is much better for the country
Otherwise Q league was ready to abandon PTI, cross the floor and vote with the opposition
That would be a death blow to PMLQ all they want is to get more concessions from PTI nothing more
All the talks about no confidence motions in Punjab were nothing more than copium by pro Mariam journalists to keep pmln united

PPP never wanted to dismantle PTI they know they will get the same seats even if the assembly dissolves their real aim was to cut pmln to size and re-enter Punjab and KPK by filling the void created by Mariam,s stupidities

Last edited:
This is a system that is not conducive to progress.
On the contrary this system could end the stupid feud between military and political leadership resulted in a cohesive system that is more capable of dealing with international and domestic crisis
I think this is the perfect time to strike while the iron is hot

Go for voting on South Punjab province, electronic voting reforms, osp voting and kill PMLN forever

Some idiots think democracy means being anti army and supporting all movements that undermine the very territorial integrity of Pakistan in the name of dissent

This setup where the elected government and military are on the same page when it comes to domestic and foreign affairs sets out a much more cohesive narrative and is much better for the country

That would be a death blow to PMLQ all they want is to get more concessions from PTI nothing more
All the talks about no confidence motions in Punjab were nothing more than copium by pro Mariam journalists to keep pmln united

PPP never wanted to dismantle PTI they know they will get the same seats even if the assembly dissolves their real aim was to cut pmln to size and re-enter Punjab and KPK by filling the void created by Mariam,s stupidities

It is common sense that when both civilians and military are on one page they will perform much better. Somehow this common sense evades most parties in Pakistan. Having discontent in pillars of state is like each leg or each arm trying to move in its own direction. Only as a whole with all stake holders country can find a positive direction. Pakistan needs a setup where state institution can work in a unison. Individual like Shareifs and Zardari can go screw themselves.
On the contrary this system could end the stupid feud between military and political leadership resulted in a cohesive system that is more capable of dealing with international and domestic crisis

I think this is the perfect time to strike while the iron is hot

Go for voting on South Punjab province, electronic voting reforms, osp voting and kill PMLN forever

No doubt about it should throw in South Punjab issue in midst of PDM like a bomb. South Punjab issue will divide PDM even further considering PPP is in favor whereas PMLN is against it. OSP and Electronic voting needs to be in place before next election. This is Khans last chance to bring EV and other electoral reforms. ECP needs some serious overhaul.

Last edited:
It is common sense that when both civilians and military are on one page they will perform much better. Somehow this common sense evades most parties in Pakistan. Having discontent in pillars of state is like each leg or each arm trying to move in its own direction. Only as a whole with all stake holders country can find a positive direction. Pakistan needs a setup where state institution can work in a unison. Individual like Shareifs and Zardari can go screw themselves.

No doubt about it should throw in South Punjab issue in midst of PDM like a bomb. South Punjab issue will divide PDM even further considering PPP is in favor whereas PMLN is against it. OSP and Electronic voting needs to be in place before next election. This is Khans last chance to bring EV and other electoral reforms. ECP needs some serious overhaul.
Strike while the iron is hot and go for the kill

PMLN cant survive with just central punjab under its belt

1616902410784.png

Looking at politicians and .....

قدرت اللہ شہاب کہتے ہیں کہ جس مقام پر اب منگلا ڈیم واقع ہے وہاں پر پہلے میرپور کا پرانا شہر آباد تھا۔ جنگ کے دوران اس شہر کا بیشتر حصہ ملبے کا ڈھیر بنا ہوا تھا ۔ ایک روز میں ایک مقامی افسر کو اپنی جیپ میں بٹھائے اس کے گرد و نواح میں گھوم رہا تھا راستے میں ایک مفلوک الحال بوڑھا اور اس کی بیوی ایک گدھے کو ہانکتے ہوئے سڑک پر آہستہ آہستہ چل رہے تھے۔ دونوں کے کپڑے میلے کچیلے اور پھٹے پرانے تھے،دونوں کے جوتے بھی ٹوٹے پھوٹے تھے انہوں نے اشارے سے ہماری جیپ کو روک کر دریافت کیا "بیت المال کس طرف ہے؟"
میں نے پوچھا بیت المال میں تمہارا کیا کام ؟
بوڑھے نے سادگی سے جواب دیا ؛ میں نے اپنی بیوی کے ساتھ مل کر میرپور شہر کے ملبے کو کرید کرید کر سونے اور چاندی کے زیورات کی دو بوریاں جمع کی ہیں، اب انہیں اس "کھوتی" پر لاد کر ہم بیت المال میں جمع کروانے جا رہے ہیں ۔
ہم نے ان کا گدھا ایک پولیس کانسٹیبل کی حفاظت میں چھوڑا اور بوریوں کو جیپ میں رکھ کر دونوں کو اپنے ساتھ بٹھا لیا تا کہ انہیں بیت المال لے جائیں ۔
آج بھی وہ نحیف و نزار اور مفلوک الحال جوڑا مجھے یاد آتا ہے تو میرا سر شرمندگی اور ندامت سے جھک جاتا ہے کہ جیپ کے اندر میں ان دونوں کے برابر کیوں بیٹھا رہا ۔ مجھے تو چاہیئے تھا کہ میں ان کے گرد آلود پاؤں اپنی آنکھوں اور سر پر رکھ کر بیٹھتا ۔ ایسے پاکیزہ سیرت لوگ پھر کہاں ملتے ہیں ۔

Khudara iss ppp sa Karachi ke jan chura do iss waqt Karachi ke awam or iss shahar ke tamam political parties sarap-e-ahtajaj hain iss na Karachi ko tabah kr dya ha or ab Ramazan ana wala hain or iss na phr sa Karachi ma corona drama shru kr dya ha.(ISS NASOOR PPP KO KARACHI SA BAHAR NIKAL DO) iss shahar pa raham kro...

By the time this is over, PPP will be laughing all the way to the bank, while PMLN will be relegated to the footnotes of history.

Which is a problem - PPP should simply collapse and die out like PMLN. instead now they will exist for decades to come. Decades ahead with Sindh under the foot of 'leftist-egalitarian-feudals' or whatever it is that they can be constituted as.

Back
Top Bottom