What's new

Seriously, what?! Kerry tells Russia 'you don't invade a country on completely phony pretexts'

Then why US is whining about it?? The actions/words of your secretary of state does not justify above argument of yours....

When did the US whine about Russian military intervention in the Ukraine? Here is Kerry's response for easy reference, read his response and tell me exactly which part sounds like whining.

Kerry condemns Russia's 'incredible act of aggression' in Ukraine| Reuters

I guess most Indians are in love with shirtless Putin and see everyone whimper and cower before his awesomeness :coffee:
I guess a flight full of Indian groupies is on its way to Moscow as we speak. Time to fasten your seat belt the pilot just called final approach to Domodedovo.

Kerry should rather think about Iraq invasion. What was it based on and what comes out finally? Biological weapons, Chemicals weapons and what not! Hypocrite!!

“You just don’t invade another country on phony pretext in order to assert your interests,” John Kerry said during an interview with NBC’s Meet the Press. “This is an act of aggression that is completely trumped up in terms of its pretext. It’s really 19th century behaviour in the 21st century.”
Lol! Kerry should catch up on America's history of blatant interference in the affairs of other countries on phony pretexts - from Vietnam to Somalia to Iraq, Afghanistan and the Color Revolutions in Central Asian Republics, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Iran, and the latest gross violations in Ukraine, perpetrated by their alphabet soup of intel agencies like the CIA, DIA, NSA and so on!

As the saying goes, The king can do no wrong! Or that's what the Yanks think. Their arrogance is spectacular!

Sort of like invading Iraq on the pretext of nonexistent WMD's?

Where are those WMD's by the way?

And what happened to the "so-called" connection between Saddam and Al-qaeda? It turns out that Saddam actually hated Al-qaeda, and persecuted them ruthlessly!

Was there even a grain of truth to America's invasion of Iraq?

And has terrorism increased or decreased since the Iraq war? If you check the statistics, incidents of terrorism around the globe have increased exponentially since then.

The only ones who benefited from the Iraq war were the global terrorist groups themselves, it was the best recruiting platform they could ever hope for!

Certainly the one million dead Iraqi citizens did not benefit from it, nor did the subsequent victims of the exponential growth in terrorism all around the world benefit from it.

You forget the Libya also

Kerry should rather think about Iraq invasion. What was it based on and what comes out finally? Biological weapons, Chemicals weapons and what not! Hypocrite!!
You guys are not capable of debating rationally about Iraq. Being wrong is not the same as being deceitful. Putin claims that Russian nationals are being threatened and is not debatable. On the other hand, the issue of WMD in Iraq was debated for over a decade, with Russia being actively involved. So if you want to accuse US of being deceitful about Iraq, then make if official and accuse the entire UN of the same.

When did the US whine about Russian military intervention in the Ukraine? Here is Kerry's response for easy reference, read his response and tell me exactly which part sounds like whining.

I guess most Indians are in love with shirtless Putin and see everyone whimper and cower before his awesomeness :coffee:
I guess a flight full of Indian groupies is on its way to Moscow as we speak. Time to fasten your seat belt the pilot just called final approach to Domodedovo.
The article itself indicates the hypocrisy of USA and its whinning:

1. Threatened economic sanctions by the United States and allies to isolate Moscow
2. Kerry said, "You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pre-text," Then what about Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, patrolling in South china sea, Libiya where fellow American Soldiers went for holiday!!!!
3. "This Week" if the United States has "any military options on the table" to address the crisis, Kerry said that President Barack Obama "has all options on the table."
4. "It's an incredible act of aggression. It is really a stunning, willful choice by President (Vladimir) Putin to invade another country said Kerry. What about all the wars started by USA... Oops forgot, its a Police of World!!!!
5. "Russia is in violation of the sovereignty of Ukraine. Russia is in violation of its international obligations," Kerry said. So what USA done to many third world countries was everything to do with World peace isn't it..
6. Kerry said G8 nations and some other countries are "prepared to go to the hilt to isolate Russia" with a "broad array of options" available. Why same should not be done to USA when they attack any sovereign nation?? Forgot again, they are world police!!!!
7. Kerry mentioned visa bans, asset freezes, trade isolation, investment changes as possible steps, adding: "American businesses may well want to start thinking twice about whether they want to do business with a country that behaves like this." And whatever USA done should be appreciated??
8. "If Russia wants to be a G8 country, it needs to behave like a G8 country," Kerry added. And USA should stop poking its nose all around the world and should behave like a G8 nation...

About rest of your post against Indians, we can not leave our all seasoned friend when are correct... It was Russia who was keeping our back safe in 1971 when USS enterprise came in Bay of Bengal... How can we leave them???

You guys are not capable of debating rationally about Iraq. Being wrong is not the same as being deceitful. Putin claims that Russian nationals are being threatened and is not debatable. On the other hand, the issue of WMD in Iraq was debated for over a decade, with Russia being actively involved. So if you want to accuse US of being deceitful about Iraq, then make if official and accuse the entire UN of the same.
Dear Gambit, an accused/convicted can not pass the judgement on others...

Dear Gambit, an accused/convicted can not pass the judgement on others...
Convict US of 'lying' about WMD in Iraq first. I asked for this before and NO ONE have managed to prove it. Let us see what you Indians can do.

The article itself indicates the hypocrisy of USA and its whinning:

1. Threatened economic sanctions by the United States and allies to isolate Moscow
2. Kerry said, "You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pre-text," Then what about Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, patrolling in South china sea, Libiya where fellow American Soldiers went for holiday!!!!
3. "This Week" if the United States has "any military options on the table" to address the crisis, Kerry said that President Barack Obama "has all options on the table."
4. "It's an incredible act of aggression. It is really a stunning, willful choice by President (Vladimir) Putin to invade another country said Kerry. What about all the wars started by USA... Oops forgot, its a Police of World!!!!
5. "Russia is in violation of the sovereignty of Ukraine. Russia is in violation of its international obligations," Kerry said. So what USA done to many third world countries was everything to do with World peace isn't it..
6. Kerry said G8 nations and some other countries are "prepared to go to the hilt to isolate Russia" with a "broad array of options" available. Why same should not be done to USA when they attack any sovereign nation?? Forgot again, they are world police!!!!
7. Kerry mentioned visa bans, asset freezes, trade isolation, investment changes as possible steps, adding: "American businesses may well want to start thinking twice about whether they want to do business with a country that behaves like this." And whatever USA done should be appreciated??
8. "If Russia wants to be a G8 country, it needs to behave like a G8 country," Kerry added. And USA should stop poking its nose all around the world and should behave like a G8 nation...

About rest of your post against Indians, we can not leave our all seasoned friend when are correct... It was Russia who was keeping our back safe in 1971 when USS enterprise came in Bay of Bengal... How can we leave them???

Hypocrisy may be, whining no.

I said this before, in 1971 the US fleet was parked off the coast of India for a month. The Russians did nothing, the Indian Admiral on the other hand invited the USN fleet commander and senior officers on board for drinks and dinner.[Read Admiral Elmo Zumwalt's memoirs 'On Watch']
If you didn't know Soviet subs shadowing the USN fleet was pretty routine stuff during the cold war.

Whilst the gesture of sending American and Russian naval task groups towards the Bay of Bengal evoked public appreciation in Pakistan and India respectively, there were no risks of any clash between the opposing naval task groups. Indeed, there is a view that the surfacing of the Soviet submarines when a US satellite was passing overhead was to enable the American Task Group to know where the Soviet submarines were and thus avoid incidents due to mistaken identity.

--Dr KB Lall, Indian Defense Secretary in 1971

It is not US's business, so it should just shut up.... there is no oil in ukraine

sir,
I thought US did not have UN mandate for iraq invasion...

Hypocrisy may be, whining no.
I said this before, in 1971 the US fleet was parked off the coast of India for a month. The Russians did nothing, the Indian Admiral on the other hand invited the USN fleet commander and senior officers on board for drinks and dinner.[Read Admiral Elmo Zumwalt's memoirs 'On Watch']
If you didn't know Soviet subs shadowing the USN fleet was pretty routine stuff during the cold war.
What was USN doing in Indian Ocean, I am sure they weren't there to just watch especially from the comments of the brilliant statesman "Nixon" when there prime ally was being torn to bits...

Last edited:
It is not US's business, so it should just shut up.... there is no oil in ukraine

Isolationism and non-intervention didn't work well for the US pre-WWII. So yes the US hasn't shut up since Pearl Harbor.

What was USN doing in Indian Ocean, I am sure they weren't there to just watch especially from the comments of the brilliant statesman "Nixon" when there prime ally was being torn to bits...

The battle group arrived after Pakistani forces in the east surrendered so there was nothing to do except enjoy some Indian hospitality and discourage Indian misadventure in West. I think it worked and today India is flanked by two nuclear armed neighbors.

Isolationism and non-intervention didn't work well for the US pre-WWII. So yes the US hasn't shut up since Pearl Harbor.
Wait, I thought US needed incentive to intervene?

The battle group arrived after Pakistani forces in the east surrendered so there was nothing to do except enjoy some Indian hospitality and discourage Indian misadventure in West. I think it worked and today India is flanked by two nuclear armed neighbors.
Great achievement, indeed !!
There is nothing new in your rhetoric, you will cry foul to any event that doesn't align to your interests, but turn a blind eye to genocides and arm ruthless dictators all the while waving the flag of liberty and freedom....

Even if they prove, will US accept that??
A 'lie' cannot exist without a 'truth', or at least a fact or a collection of facts that points to a different direction than the lie. So in order for you to prove that the US 'lied' about WMD in Iraq, you must prove there exists a prior truth or a parallel truth that there were no functional nuclear weapons in Iraq, that the US worked to suppress that truth, and that the US finally presented something else.

But if you bring on news articles about how we could not find any functional nuclear weapons, and the operative word here is 'functional', in post invasion Iraq, then the only thing you proved is we were wrong. Not that we lied. Think about it for a moment. Since the US is the world's premier nuclear power, why could we not rigged up something incriminating about Iraq throughout the inspection yrs?

sir,
I thought US did not have UN mandate for iraq invasion...
The UN 'mandate' was debatable. Opponents of the invasion argued that there must be clear language while proponents of the invasion argued that the existing language in the several UN resolutions were clear enough.

The UN 'mandate' was debatable. Opponents of the invasion argued that there must be clear language while proponents of the invasion argued that the existing language in the several UN resolutions were clear enough.
Sir,
The proponents of the invasion provided falsified intel on non-existent violations of existing UN resolution. That is disingenuous, especially when a blind eye was turned to very evident violations like chemical warfare. The same proponents were shaking saddam's hand at the time.
The opponents had clearly challenged the validity of the data provided by US, on which the entire premise was built on.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom