p0k22nmwh7eobbepfx.jpg

08b6tv31sie0swhszxaj.jpg

vxegai1fnkdwqz2ublwt.jpg

esqlqf9sow38yq9gk0nk.jpg

188y6fpq59fm76obh23i.jpg

v62c4205ffl0pvrx8y3.jpg

d63o5cxlhwvverp6dgln.jpg

SOHEIL, bro
It might be interesting for you - film "Гагарин: Первый в космосе" (Gagarin: First in Space) it was shown 6 june this year in cinemas in Russia. I do not know does english version alredy exist.

The US missile were far more sophisticated than russian ones in the first half of the cold war. Whether its miniaturization of nukes, introduction of true SLBM, solid fuel engines, electronics and navigation equipment US was always ahead. Russia often followed years behind. In the space race though USSR space programme was underfunded and as in most other cases their brilliant scientist never got due collaboration from communist party and its dictatorial tendencies. Sergei korolev is a good eg. along with Rostislav Alexeyev the designer of the Ekranoplans and Andrei Sakharov the designer of USSR thermonuclear bomb.
Contrary to that the chinese communist party is smarter as they have allowed freedom of thought and state collaboration in innovation and the result we can see today. USSR lacked a deng xiaoping to stir them forward.

This BBC Series brilliantly chrnocles Korolev's growth and his rivalry with Von Brown (dunno spelling :) ). Watch all 4 parts:

Its a good docu-drama and BBC makes some of the best ones. But in this case there are factual errors as per wiki:

Space Race (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their other series Nuclear secrets depicting nuclear espionage was also a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The US missile were far more sophisticated than russian ones in the first half of the cold war. Whether its miniaturization of nukes, introduction of true SLBM, solid fuel engines, electronics and navigation equipment US was always ahead. Russia often followed years behind. In the space race though USSR space programme was underfunded and as in most other cases their brilliant scientist never got due collaboration from communist party and its dictatorial tendencies. Sergei korolev is a good eg. along with Rostislav Alexeyev the designer of the Ekranoplans and Andrei Sakharov the designer of USSR thermonuclear bomb.
Remind me please the name of FIRST MAN IN SPACE EVER.
USSR were far ahead almoust in all spherea of science. Americans were ahead only in some kind of weapons, cause they are agressive and gready.
Your words is brilliant example of antiSoviet propaganda.

SOHEIL, bro
It might be interesting for you - film "Гагарин: Первый в космосе" (Gagarin: First in Space) it was shown 6 june this year in cinemas in Russia. I do not know does english version alredy exist.

thanks bro ... enjoy pictures ... new pictures coming soon :)

Remind me please the name of FIRST MAN IN SPACE EVER.
USSR were far ahead almoust in all spherea of science. Americans were ahead only in some kind of weapons, cause they are agressive and gready.

Americans closely followed such russian achievement within months. Its a fact that Russians couldn't produce a powerful rocket like the saturn V back then to carry men to the moon. Also in terms of missile technology and nukes americans beat the russians. The first ICBM of US Atlas was lighter with great accuracy unlike soviet R-7 which wasn't even mass produced before being replaced. Same goes for the first SLBM launched submerged.

Off course the first man in space and the first satellite were tribute to russian tech but that doesn't mean they were better than americans. The US was not far behind if not ahead in most cases. That's was my point. The main problem was funding. The US space programme was very well funded unlike USSR's and add to that the lack of vision and strategic foresight of soviet leaders unlike their US counterparts. Kurschev Cuban missile crisis cost Cuba and Castro a lot even to this day.

Americans closely followed such russian achievement within months. Its a fact that Russians couldn't produce a powerful rocket like the saturn V back then to carry men to the moon. Also in terms of missile technology and nukes americans beat the russians. The first ICBM of US Atlas was lighter with great accuracy unlike soviet R-7 which wasn't even mass produced before being replaced. Same goes for the first SLBM launched submerged.

Off course the first man in space and the first satellite were tribute to russian tech but that doesn't mean they were better than americans. The US was not far behind if not ahead in most cases. That's was my point. The main problem was funding. The US space programme was very well funded unlike USSR's and add to that the lack of vision and strategic foresight of soviet leaders unlike their US counterparts. Kurschev Cuban missile crisis cost Cuba and Castro a lot even to this day.
watch this movie. It is American - about engine RD-180 they are bying now. It is fron Discovery Channel

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom