What's new

Sequel: 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal

Anarchy, if you haven't watched the final event of diving i suggest you to stay quiet on this. USA did very well in the final and the tiny difference between these 2 divers is 1.8 points does say something. I've watched it and to me it's extremely difficult to judge who should have won gold if you ask me cos Boudia performance was that good same as Qiu Bo. So it's not daylight robbery at all, otherwise you would sound like China is a sore loser. The men's ring event was clearly a case of robbery.

Boudia didn't had a 30 points lead, i don't know where you got that info. Check out yourself
http://www.london2012.com/diving/event/men-10m/phase=dvm002100/index.html

Click on the + sign next to the score of Boudia and Qiu Bo and you can see the difficulties plus the score for each dive.

If boudia and Qiu were similar, then how did boudia win when Qiu had a 30 point lead. Man I hate the whites, racist scumbags. They hate china so much they will cheer any white against a Chinese athlete.
Soooooo happy the white countries are going bankrupt, hopefully they all go bankrupt and collapse.
The entire white race hates us. They don't cheer for us in table tennis, badminton, diving, swimming, gymnastics.

Yes we have been playing against all odds! We are thankful to match theirs with our "Jiayou" applause by our die-hard Chinese fans.

But a match is a match. It is hard to blame Boudia because he performed well. As I said both Qiu and Boudia are worthy of a gold each. The decider was Boudia was diving in front of a partisan crowd we were not! The crowd uttered their approval / disapproval noises loudly to influence the judges!

even US politicians are corporate sponsored and the US government is corporate controlled. what's new.

If all you are going to do is post irrelevent, off topic opinion blathering, then kindly refrain from posting.

In other words, buzz off.

Basically it's more or less the same system with different mode.

In the US it's the educational institutions that train these athletes from as early as junior high school as extra curriculum activities and soon enough the talent ones will be courted heavily by college scouts. Once they are selected they are to train strenuously through the college years, no less compare to China's system.

The incentives for these athlete, though not paid per se while they are training, are free educations and future stardom and for colleges are prestige and TV incomes.

What ever system a country uses the resources have to come from somewhere. Whether they are from the government or private sectors they are the same side of a coin. As far as people talent is concern I do believe China has an advantage for obvious reason.

A genuine question, are prospective Olympic athletes under the state training system in China allowed to discontinue their training at any time? In fact your choice of an English language source that contains a description of the type of program Chinese athletes go through would be appreciated, as I have only heard the western perspective of such. Even simply a keyword to google on the subject would be appreciated

That said, A middle power government will always be able to marshal more resources than private companies, and they have more control over the athletes lives by their very nature as the premiere authority in their territory.

So as for what I said I still don't think I'm wrong yet that State controlled regimens are more advantageous for medal grabbing.

B/S! if we dont have talents how can China have Sun Yang, Ye Shiwen, SuperDan, Liu Xiang, Zhang Jike, Chen Yibing, Li Xiaoshuang, Li Ning, Deng Yaping and so many other greatest T/T, Diving, Badminton, shooting, weight-ligting legends

The crucial thing is financial resources. No matter where they are from, corporate or government! Corporate sponsors get their money back from the customer sales. Government sponsors from taxpayers' money!

I said China doesn't have an advantage in 'people talent', ( I presume 'people talent' referred to the quality of Chinese athletes, as simply having more athletes doesn't mean much when spots in the Olympics are limited.) I never said that Chinese athletes have no talent, or that China has no talented athletes.

A middle power government's coffers are far deeper than any private company's.

Congrats on your tainted 'victory'!

tainted by your sour grapes.

1904 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you look at the number of countries plus the athletes representing each country it doesn't surprise me USA would take all the gold.

1984 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USA is the only country with 600 athletes at the Games.

So yeah i stand corrected USA gained > 51 golds in 2 Games BUT to be fair we have to take the info i mentioned into account.

Well thats why I said 'technically';) I'd personally like to see the medal count for the US in a Summer Olympics in the near future, but it looks like it isn't going to happen for a decade or longer :cry:.

If boudia and Qiu were similar, then how did boudia win when Qiu had a 30 point lead. Man I hate the whites, racist scumbags. They hate china so much they will cheer any white against a Chinese athlete.
Soooooo happy the white countries are going bankrupt, hopefully they all go bankrupt and collapse.
The entire white race hates us. They don't cheer for us in table tennis, badminton, diving, swimming, gymnastics.

Take a cold shower, your hate is making you irrational.

I like the way you think.

Sour grapes :lol:
No, I was hoping the winner of the Olympics could be decided on a fair manner, but you won as you usually do by....cheating.

Anyway, enjoy your 'victory', you needed all the help from judges to get the job done.
We will work harder next time to beat the competitors, bribed judges, biased crowds.

You have 4 years of bragging rights, well 'earned', money well spent if you know what I mean.

A genuine question, are prospective Olympic athletes under the state training system in China allowed to discontinue their training at any time? In fact your choice of an English language source that contains a description of the type of program Chinese athletes go through would be appreciated, as I have only heard the western perspective of such. Even simply a keyword to google on the subject would be appreciated

That said, A middle power government will always be able to marshal more resources than private companies, and they have more control over the athletes lives by their very nature as the premiere authority in their territory.

So as for what I said I still don't think I'm wrong yet that State controlled regimens are more advantageous for medal grabbing.

I said China doesn't have an advantage in 'people talent', ( I presume 'people talent' referred to the quality of Chinese athletes, as simply having more athletes doesn't mean much when spots in the Olympics are limited.) I never said that Chinese athletes have no talent, or that China has no talented athletes.

A middle power government's coffers are far deeper than any private company's.

tainted by your sour grapes.

Well thats why I said 'technically';) I'd personally like to see the medal count for the US in a Summer Olympics in the near future, but it looks like it isn't going to happen for a decade or longer :cry:.

Take a cold shower, your hate is making you irrational.

you suck! do you know China has surplus talents as coaches and athletes in sports that we excel in and they help their adopted countries competing and winning medals?

Corporate sponsors are more flexible and abundant in their financing of athletes than government especially in countries where they need athletes for promotion of their products or corporation images!

learn some logical thinking before you're drivelling more than talking something that make sense!

No, I was hoping the winner of the Olympics could be decided on a fair manner, but you won as you usually do by....cheating.

Anyway, enjoy your 'victory', you needed all the help from judges to get the job done.
We will work harder next time to beat the competitors, bribed judges, biased crowds.

You have 4 years of bragging rights, well 'earned', money well spent if you know what I mean.

We have always been on top in the past Olympics because of numbers, talent, and support so it was no surprise we got this one as well. Experts all know we always be ahead. Take a shower and release some steam.:coffee:

Yep, you are sour about the US winning the Gold Medal Count and Total Medal Count and in an effort to not acknowledge that athletes from other countries can be just as good or better than Chinese athletes, you accuse the judges of being bribed, the committee of being cheats, and the crowd being biased.

Come at us again in 2016, it will be an epic match, hopefully you won't immediately look to cheating and bribes as an excuse next time and your racist hate against caucasians will have toned down to at least semi-coherent levels.

Enjoy your whine.

We have always been on top in the past Olympics because of numbers, talent, and support so it was no surprise we got this one as well. Experts all know we always be ahead. Take a shower and release some steam.:coffee:

let's see how well the race goes down the lane. it is not the end of the world yet that urges you to count the nails in your coffin!

Yep, you are sour about the US winning the Gold Medal Count and Total Medal Count and in an effort to not acknowledge that athletes from other countries can be just as good or better than Chinese athletes, you accuse the judges of being bribed, the committee of being cheats, and the crowd being biased.

Come at us again in 2016, it will be an epic match, hopefully you won't immediately look to cheating and bribes as an excuse next time and your racist hate against caucasians will have toned down to at least semi-coherent levels.

Enjoy your whine.

easy on him dude! you have enjoyed your home court advantage!

let's see how well the race goes down the lane. it is not the end of the world yet that urges you to count the nails in your coffin!

I'm already partying like its the year 2000. I don't know what you guys are doing except maybe keep on counting the medals.

I'm already partying like its the year 2000. I don't know what you guys are doing except maybe keep on counting the medals.

who else is not counting the medals even in every front page of your papers! dont make silly comments like that as if you dont care. Partying? we have been partying whenever we have time and whenever our team is doing well. why wait until the last few days like you are waiting in the desert for the first drop of downpour!

you suck!
and you blow:bunny:

do you know China has surplus talents as coaches and athletes in sports that we excel in and they help their adopted countries competing and winning medals?
None of this is relevant to China medaling in the Olympics as they are working for their adopted country, not China. Your point is irrelevant.

Corporate sponsors are more flexible and abundant in their financing of athletes than government especially in countries where they need athletes for promotion of their products or corporation images!

Private companies do not have the deep pockets that a government such as China has.

You do not know how much companies spend on Olympic athlete sponsoring. I know Olympic athletes that are not already affiliated with a major league such as the Basketball dream team make very little.
You do know China has deeper pockets than any corporation. You do know China has a great desire for achievements that increase national pride, and thus its legitimacy.
learn some logical thinking before you drivel more than talking something that make sense!

You have demonstrated none. Take your own advice.

It's not the way you think it, after all, this is not the iron curtain age in the 60s. Although I don't have any English sources but I can assure you it's not the way the western media exaggerate the cruelty of the training processes. Let's not forget these young athletes are spotted and recruited by sport administrators from educational institutes, similar to the US, with the parents' consents. Maybe you have a parent detest her kid occasionally but overall parents care for their kids more than anything else everywhere. I'm sure they suffer from pain and fatigue occasionally but then it goes with the job, no pain no gain so to speak.

Just like America, some of these young talents would have no chances of become somebody if the state doesn't provide them opportunities and the reverse would be true too. If these young athletes unable to handle the harsh courses or their physical limitations reach the apex that are not likely to improve they will be let go. There is no sense for the state to wast anymore resources and efforts on them. You can't force an athlete to preform as you can't force a buffalo to drink water if it doesn't want to. Hence here lies the freedom of choices.

Back
Top Bottom