What's new

Senior Pakistani diplomat dead in India

RIP to the Pakistani officer.

I am pretty sure it was not a RAW/ Indian government ploy. First the Pakistani government would have been all over this if there were even a hint of foul play. Second, governments do not do this, not even India and Pakistan. It would be too easy to retaliate. Third, the man's wife himself seems to have given some corroboration to the hair dryer story, if the link above is to be trusted.

But I, for one, would welcome a thorough investigation if that satisfies the Pakistani government. There are enough conspiracy theories anyway.

In early 80s, while I was a young lad, my dad was posted to Pakistan’s embassy in Delhi, we used to live in Vasant Vihar so as many other Pakistani officers. .................l:

Small world, eh? I lived in Vasant Vihar from 1986 to 1991.

I was passing through VV this year; it has changed a lot believe me.

All the officers from Pakistan that includes ambassador, military attaches, visa officers, counsellors etc live in the city where they hire the accommodation.. However, all the rest of the staff lives within the embassy compound....

In early 80s, while I was a young lad, my dad was posted to Pakistan’s embassy in Delhi, we used to live in Vasant Vihar so as many other Pakistani officers. Despite that Indian intelligence was always behind us and would gave us a chase even if we went out for groceries BUT no member of Pakistans staff was ever harmed. Things went a bit scary immediately after the assassination of Indira Gandhi as everyone thought that she was killed by ISI. But later when it was found that Sikhs were behind it, we perhaps witnessed the worst massacre of Sikhs in Delhi and elsewhere.
Well i know a guy whose father stayed in Pak during the early and mid 90s...he is a forum member too by the name of Inc.(i forced him to joi...hasn't posted much though)
He told me that the Indian embassy people used to be tailed just like you've told me...and that once they went on a picnic and they had two cars tailing them...and these people had to ask the secret service men or whoever they were about the route and it was very funny in the end...it's a norm I guess...the Indian embassy he says, is very beautiful in Pakistan...
I know about the 84 massacre...sorry for your seeing Delhi in such a bad light and wrong time...

Even the 'Indian Express' is reporting the same thing.

In a significant development, the Pakistan ISI station chief, MK Afridi, at its High Commission in Delhi got electrocuted “ while drying his hair late Sunday night at his Vasant Vihar residence” and died. His body was taken to Pakistan via Wagah border in the wee hours of morning after intervention at the highest levels.

Government sources told The Indian Express that Pakistan High Commission told the local police that Afridi, who held the post of Counsellor, was electrocuted as he was using a dryer after having bath in the evening at his Vasant Vihar residence. Apparently as no foul play was suspected, no post mortem was conducted. It was at the diplomatic intervention that Pakistan High Commission was allowed to transport the body to Pakistan. It is learnt that the Pakistan High Commission officials took the body via road at 3.00 am this morning and the entourage crossed Wagah around 8.00 am.

Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

:what: ISI station cheif

Well i know a guy whose father stayed in Pak during the early and mid 90s...he is a forum member too by the name of Inc.(i forced him to joi...hasn't posted much though)
He told me that the Indian embassy people used to be tailed just like you've told me...and that once they went on a picnic and they had two cars tailing them...and these people had to ask the secret service men or whoever they were about the route and it was very funny in the end...it's a norm I guess...the Indian embassy he says, is very beautiful in Pakistan...
I know about the 84 massacre...sorry for your seeing Delhi in such a bad light and wrong time...

Tailing each other’s diplomats everywhere around is quite usual for both the countries. Except at one occasion (in 1983) while I was walking back from school, those guys never bothered us on our faces. They always maintained their distance.

Despite all spy Vs spy going on, I still cherish the years I spend in New Delhi. Would love to get back their some day and try to locate few old pals.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom