What's new

Senior Pakistani diplomat dead in India

Mirage2000

Reaction score
Senior Pakistani diplomat in India dies of electric shock
Monday, 12 Oct, 2009

Pakistan's Ambassador to India Shahid Malik (R) talks with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at an Iftar gathering during Ramazan at the residence of Manmohan Singh in New Delhi on September 18, 2009. — AFP

NEW DELHI: A senior Pakistani diplomat in the Indian capital died of an electric shock in his residency while using a hairdryer in the bathroom, a colleague said Monday.

M. Khan Afridi, political counsellor at Pakistan's High Commission (embassy) in New Delhi, collapsed after taking a shower on Sunday evening, a Pakistani diplomat told AFP.

‘It was probably caused by an electric short circuit,’ the Pakistani diplomat said, asking not to be named.
The 47-year-old was rushed to a hospital in New Delhi but was declared dead.

The body was taken to Pakistan late Sunday, the colleague added.

DAWN.COM | World | Senior Pakistani diplomat in India dies of electric shock
========================================================
I think he might be intentionally killed by Indians :angry: the have a done it many times in past when we received dead bodies of many Innocent Pakistanis who beaten and killed in India,I heared once that a Pakistani diplomat was kidnapped,harased and beaten by an Indian intelligence agency.

Last edited:
I don't agreed with this story , might be a new way of diplomatic terrorism created by India ,he must be killed by Indian agencies.:angry:
:angry::angry:

How will india gain by killing a diplomat in New Delhi, there are other ways of killing him if it really had to be done.

You guys are reading too much in between the lines.

foreign diplomats can't be touched any where in the world...the Pakistani diplomat stays in the Pakistani embassy and we all know that the embassy area of Paksitan belongs to Pakistan...it is managed by Pakistanis...not much is left to chance...it is difficult to kill foreign diplomats inside a country's embassy...

This is a very easy way to get killed, all you need is a little bit of water. You just need is to be standing on a wet floor and enough moisture to transmit the current from the dryer to you. Many people have died in this manner. In the US, GFI's (ground fault interupters) are mandatory in all outlets where water is present nearby. The primary areas are the kitchen and bathrooms. It is a very easy and cheap fix. i wonder why it was not done in the bathrooms of the residence where he was staying. Such a tragedy!!!!

I think he might be intentionally killed by Indians the have a done it many times in past when we received dead bodies of many Innocent Pakistanis who beaten and killed in India,I heared once that a Pakistani diplomat was kidnapped,harased and beaten by an Indian intelligence agency.
I don't agreed with this story , might be a new way of diplomatic terrorism created by India ,he must be killed by Indian agencies.

Oh plz...You dont kill diplomats period...No country especially who portrays that she is a responsible one and is also respected internationally as a responsible one will do that....I mean what gain can you get by killing a diplomat and risk the ire of entire world???

Though i have sympathy with his family yet please understand people do die unnaturally because they happen to be at wrong place at a wrong time. Now just because him being Pakistani who died in India should not implicitly mean that he is killed by Indian spy agencies

why would someone with so little hair need a hair-dryer? something doesn't add up.

Millions use a hairdryer after they shower, nothing happens to them.
Are you suggesting that no one can die due to electric shock while using hair dryer??? or if it do happen then there has to be a foul play in it???

How come its so common for Pakistani nationals to die while in India.

I am amazed at the kind of mistrust that we have for each other. Anyways are you talking about in general or you know about more diplomats that died(got killed - your version) in india??
More investigation needs to be done.
Sure. Go ahead. One thing more what is the official Pakistani reaction/statement to this unfortunate incident???

Millions drive a car and nothing happens to them. Does that mean you cannot die in a car crash?

Millions eat chicken and nothing happens to them. Does that mean you can't choke on a chicken?

Your arguments make absolutely no sense.

Do you have any statistics comparing the number of Pakistanis in India and whether their death rates are higher than Indians to see how "common it is for Pakistani nationals to die in India".

If he died at the Pakistani Embassy, as I presume, are you going to have an investigation as to why they did not install GFI's?

It is very important that a thorough investigation is carried by Pakistani Investigators inside the Diplomatic Enclave. It seems to be sabotage of the Pakistani Embassy Infrastructure.

Well it is an unfortunate incident. But this diplomat was the chief of isi in india. He was under keen observation from many days. He also remained outside of embassy for last 15 days. He only returned home last night. He was thought to be planning sabotage activities against india during his tours outside embassy-i seen this news on star news last night

well his wife thinks that the hair drier was faulty...

"‘‘His wife told us that the hair dryer was damaged and used to give an electric shock about which she had warned Afridi. It appears that after the bath, Afridi was using the dryer when he was electrocuted around 8.30pm. He might have tried to raise an alarm but since the bathroom door was locked, no one heard him,’’ said a senior police officer. "

from...
Pak diplomat electrocuted by faulty hair dryer - Delhi - City - The Times of India

now I don't think his wife would be a party to a RAW assassination plot.

foreign diplomats can't be touched any where in the world...the Pakistani diplomat stays in the Pakistani embassy and we all know that the embassy area of Paksitan belongs to Pakistan...it is managed by Pakistanis...not much is left to chance...it is difficult to kill foreign diplomats inside a country's embassy...

All the officers from Pakistan that includes ambassador, military attaches, visa officers, counsellors etc live in the city where they hire the accommodation.. However, all the rest of the staff lives within the embassy compound....

In early 80s, while I was a young lad, my dad was posted to Pakistan’s embassy in Delhi, we used to live in Vasant Vihar so as many other Pakistani officers. Despite that Indian intelligence was always behind us and would gave us a chase even if we went out for groceries BUT no member of Pakistans staff was ever harmed. Things went a bit scary immediately after the assassination of Indira Gandhi as everyone thought that she was killed by ISI. But later when it was found that Sikhs were behind it, we perhaps witnessed the worst massacre of Sikhs in Delhi and elsewhere.

Well it is an unfortunate incident. But this diplomat was the chief of isi in india. He was under keen observation from many days. He also remained outside of embassy for last 15 days. He only returned home last night. He was thought to be planning sabotage activities against india during his tours outside embassy-i seen this news on star news last night

Electric shock is very much possibility for Mr Afridis death. But with a Pakistani officer dead in India, it will cause all the conspiracies from both sides. And we will never find a true reason. Just as Pakistanis are being suspicious of the circumstances of his death, the Star News has gone a step further and given it another twist: as usual. :hitwall:

And we will never find a true reason. Just as Pakistanis are being suspicious of the circumstances of his death, the Star News has gone a step further and given it another twist: as usual. :hitwall:

Even the 'Indian Express' is reporting the same thing.

In a significant development, the Pakistan ISI station chief, MK Afridi, at its High Commission in Delhi got electrocuted “ while drying his hair late Sunday night at his Vasant Vihar residence” and died. His body was taken to Pakistan via Wagah border in the wee hours of morning after intervention at the highest levels.

Government sources told The Indian Express that Pakistan High Commission told the local police that Afridi, who held the post of Counsellor, was electrocuted as he was using a dryer after having bath in the evening at his Vasant Vihar residence. Apparently as no foul play was suspected, no post mortem was conducted. It was at the diplomatic intervention that Pakistan High Commission was allowed to transport the body to Pakistan. It is learnt that the Pakistan High Commission officials took the body via road at 3.00 am this morning and the entourage crossed Wagah around 8.00 am.

Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom