What's new

Selection and election: How China chooses its leaders

This is true before Xi become President. Now, nobody know if anybody can get rid of Xi. I don't think age limit or term limit will have any effect on Xi (hope I am wrong though).

This is true before Xi become President. Now, nobody know if anybody can get rid of Xi. I don't think age limit or term limit will have any effect on Xi (hope I am wrong though).
Nothing is absolute. Franklin D. Roosevelt served 3 terms during war time. China is in war time mode right now.

There are 2 wars, one is trade war, high tech war, such as huawei, ZTE, semiconductor, c919, space, robot, AI, and many others. This is obvious.

The other war is reform and fighting with corruption. Those issues can't be easily addressed in 2 terms, Xi is the best man in past 40 years of China, who can do both reform and anti-corruption at the same time, and fight with US on trade and high tech.

A true leader, a great state man is very rare. Xi is the man to sit on the driving seat, and go through the bumping road for China in next decade.

After that, China National Grand Conference will appoint new political standing bureau, and you will see Xi's successor.

Covid-19 has proven Chinese government is 100 times better than American government.
Exactly my point. If ppl were to vote today, Xi would still win. 85% ppl in China as per US private polls support the CCP after the virus crisis, they use to doubt the system because they don't know the rot in the West, after they saw how US fck up big time, they changed. China is a Confucian Authoratarian government.

The Chinese system selects the most capable person instead of the most popular person. ALL Chinese top leaders ran provinces the size of countries for decades before getting promoted, they were groomed trained and evaluated, Trump was a snake oil salesman who can talk n bullshit, can't handle crisis. Katrina and this virus showed how US system can't withstand crisis.

Notice how they guy keeps on reiteratibg the current system is not perfect but evolving and improving through learning. We will ultimately reach a optimum form of Chinese Confucian Authoratarian system.

Exactly my point. If ppl were to vote today, Xi would still win. 85% ppl in China as per US private polls support the CCP after the virus crisis, they use to doubt the system because they don't know the rot in the West, after they saw how US fck up big time, they changed. China is a Confucian Authoratarian government.

The Chinese system selects the most capable person instead of the most popular person. ALL Chinese top leaders ran provinces the size of countries for decades before getting promoted, they were groomed trained and evaluated, Trump was a snake oil salesman who can talk n bullshit, can't handle crisis. Katrina and this virus showed how US system can't withstand crisis.

Notice how they guy keeps on reiteratibg the current system is not perfect but evolving and improving through learning. We will ultimately reach a optimum form of Chinese Confucian Authoratarian system.

This proves China does not need a democracy. Democracies work when they work for the people. 90% of Democracies don't work for the people, they work for special interest oligarchs. Authoritarian governments have a much higher success rate of serving the people. If you eliminate nazis influence and corruption, democracies would be better. The existence of nazis in the world, forces good people to have dictatorships where there is civilization.

I would like M5S in Italy to have a fascist government, it would keep the nazis at bay.

In Nazis areas, you want democracy, so a SJW woman can be leader.

What you want is a government that can defend their people from Nazis. That is what is wanted. Mongols were Nazis and a threat to China. USA are the new mongols to China.

This proves China does not need a democracy. Democracies work when they work for the people. 90% of Democracies don't work for the people, they work for special interest oligarchs. Authoritarian governments have a much higher success rate of serving the people. If you eliminate nazis influence and corruption, democracies would be better. The existence of nazis in the world, forces good people to have dictatorships where there is civilization.

I would like M5S in Italy to have a fascist government, it would keep the nazis at bay.

In Nazis areas, you want democracy, so a SJW woman can be leader.

What you want is a government that can defend their people from Nazis. That is what is wanted. Mongols were Nazis and a threat to China. USA are the new mongols to China.
Dude, Chinese want democracy since 200 BC, the traditional Confucius value. We Chinese want modern democracy since 1911 revolution.

The problem is, we don't recognize western one as democracy in the first place, especially US so called democracy.

We Chinese has our China dream, that every citizens can be prospers, can make our government accountable. We want justice, good governance, that can NOT be achieved by western political system, nor their value system.

Hope this will be helpful for those who were influenced by US propaganda.

this video was informative for me, and increased my respect for the Chinese form of government.

however, Chinese leaders will have to show real and truthful progress on topics like poverty eradication and environmental protection and international cooperation (rather than debt trap practices and monitoring of citizens outside their borders), if they want to keep my respect.

this video was informative for me, and increased my respect for the Chinese form of government.

however, Chinese leaders will have to show real and truthful progress on topics like poverty eradication and environmental protection and international cooperation (rather than debt trap practices and monitoring of citizens outside their borders), if they want to keep my respect.
  1. China has eradicated absolute poverty, phrase one is done, phrase two which will make everyone middle class is on the way.
  2. 2/3 of the net forest increase in the world comes from China alone. India contribute ZERO. Don't listen to NASA bullshit, all green land increase of India come from new farm instead of forest.
  3. China contribute most peacekeepers under UN.
  4. China provides public goods to underdeveloped countries through BRI. There is no debt trap, it's bullshit and propaganda.
  5. India is mini US, the same corruption happens in all level of India government, national, state level, and all other government. The politicians are not hold accountable at all once election is done.

Chinese government always focuses on problem fixing while western ‘’democracies" on blame shifting.

I agree in regards to democracy and some of the leaders that come thru majority of the times are disappointing.. As mentioned already Trump and you can also add Zardari-Bhutto, Nawaz etc etc..

Democracy is a failed system and I agree that the chinese system is indeed superior to democracy..

But this type of meritocracy is not fool proof either all tho much better alternative then democracy and the issue with this kind of meritocracy steems from that it becomes a elite heavy government and exclusive decision making where a group of elitist people grap power tightly for centuries if possible just like ancient china where few wealthy and powerful families sit on everything and they just spin the clock and continue for generations within their own elitist families holding all powerful positions sometimes it can be around 5000-10000 families that sit on everything at the top. So technically it doesn't allow others who may outshine them in merit to rise up and they will only select from these who had performed previously in the provinces from within the elite.

This is similar to the government structures during the Tang dynasty, Ming dynasty and Han dynasty etc etc. All tho they were monarchies but still around 4000-5000 families made of the elite and held power across the board and past it down to each other from generations to generations until that dynasty was toppled then came a new elite group that filled the void and setup their own government structures based on the same formula.

This was not only a chinese thing tho but rather a universal issue the same structures were being formed in all ancient empires and dynasties thru out Europe, Africa and the larger Asian continent. You can call it the unwritten human law things always takes that shape.

Democracy can allow elites to shift without toppling that is the only benefit in it but other then that it is worse governance then meritocracy in the overall picture.

The succession struggle has also been a universal issue that has sort of gone away in the modern era both in today's monarchies, democracy and meritocracy..

The best governance law has been written for a century ago it promotes growth, business and peace but just never utilized for over a century now.

The muslim world could use meritocracy as we have some undesireable leaders just like the western world and riddled by unwanted leaders for the last century or so since post the pax-Islamic world hegemony we have been thru a century long transition period with unfit leaders in higher positions

Last edited:
  1. China has eradicated absolute poverty, phrase one is done, phrase two which will make everyone middle class is on the way.
  2. 2/3 of the net forest increase in the world comes from China alone. India contribute ZERO. Don't listen to NASA bullshit, all green land increase of India come from new farm instead of forest.
  3. China contribute most peacekeepers under UN.
  4. China provides public goods to underdeveloped countries through BRI. There is no debt trap, it's bullshit and propaganda.
  5. India is mini US, the same corruption happens in all level of India government, national, state level, and all other government. The politicians are not hold accountable at all once election is done.
Dont tell me there is no corruption in China.

Dont tell me there is no corruption in China.
No one said that.
The difference is corruption is legal under western political system, not the case in China.

Back
Top Bottom