What's new

Sejong the Great class Guided missile destroyer

They still have the edge in regards to naval fire power in Western Europe, tho.

against any individual power, other than the US, yes. then again western europe is a very safe place,no real competitor other than russia whose navy is heavily outclassed by the combined might of NATO

against any individual power, other than the US, yes. then again western europe is a very safe place,no real competitor other than russia whose navy is heavily outclassed by the combined might of NATO

Precisely, in fact the British Royal Navy is such an effective, lethal blue-water maritime force that can project her power any area in the world. She is now building one of the largest carriers to be fielded by any naval power , the Elizabeth Class, and their surface ships of the line classes are powerful anti sub, anti air to anti ship deterrents capable of taking head on any major naval power even the United States if necessary. Its trans-atlantic cooperation with the US Navy and the rest of the NATO fleets ensures the independence and safety of Europe and most importantly British interests within and without the Eurosphere / Anglosphere.

I think the working term for the British Royal Navy is "The Model". She was the model upon which the Imperial Japanese Navy, now the JMSDF was built upon. She is the model upon which the US Navy was also built upon. Britain has always been a powerful naval power, long shall she remain one.

their surface ships of the line classes are powerful anti sub, anti air to anti ship deterrents capable of taking head on any major naval power even the United States if necessary.

yea... no. in some silly one on one maybe, but the current USN is simply too large and top of the line to be taken down by any single power.

that said, the rest of your post i can agree with.

yea... no. in some silly one on one maybe, but the current USN is simply too large and top of the line to be taken down by any single power.

that said, the rest of your post i can agree with.

The combined Royal Navy's Fleet can seriously challenge the USN 6th Fleet.

In a decisive naval combat in around the British Isles; one on one? The Royal Fleet can hold their own.

but the current USN is simply too large

It would take too long for the USN to mobilize their entire fleets ; too widely dispersed and it would severely damage US's naval defense paradigm to mobilize their entire navy. On a unihemispheric combat between the Royal Fleet and the US 6th fleet, the RN would most probably crush the USN 6th Fleet.

The combined Royal Navy's Fleet can seriously challenge the USN 6th Fleet.

In a decisive naval combat in around the British Isles; one on one? The Royal Fleet can hold their own.

It would take too long for the USN to mobilize their entire fleets ; too widely dispersed and it would severely damage US's naval defense paradigm to mobilize their entire navy. On a unihemispheric combat between the Royal Fleet and the US 6th fleet, the RN would most probably crush the USN 6th Fleet.

says a lot that it needs to be around britain itself, facing but one fleet ofthe USN

of course this is all hypothetical, since the USN and the royal navy would not fight each other for the foreseeable future.

but i think you are underestimating the speed at which the USN can mobilize/move asset from other theaters

says a lot that it needs to be around britain itself, facing but one fleet ofthe USN

Of course the USN is a global force, divided into 7 different area fleets. Its modeled after the British Royal Navy, which also sustained area fleets during the age of the British Empire.

Everything the USN has in naval warfare collegiate training is modeled after the British Navy. Most modern naval tactics are actually based on British naval writ.

:)

Of course the USN is a global force, divided into 7 different area fleets. Its modeled after the British Royal Navy, which also sustained area fleets during the age of the British Empire.

Everything the USN has in naval warfare collegiate training is modeled after the British Navy. Most modern naval tactics are actually based on British naval writ.

:)

of course, you'll find no disagreement from me. the british model and now the american improvement upon it is indeed the current pinnacle of naval operations. even china is now remodeling itself after the american fleet(on a smaller scale of course)

of course, you'll find no disagreement from me. the british model and now the american improvement upon it is indeed the current pinnacle of naval operations. even china is now remodeling itself after the american fleet(on a smaller scale of course)

The PLAN is divided into three area fleets (North Sea Fleet, East Sea Fleet and South Sea Fleet). The current organization of the PLAN is largely retention of the old organization of the Imperial Navy of the Great Qing Empire, which was influenced early on by the Royal Navy. I would say operation wise, yes, the modern day PLAN is modeling itself from the USN.

In terms of carrier task group schema? Looks like they are modeling itself after USN.

The PLAN is divided into three area fleets (North Sea Fleet, East Sea Fleet and South Sea Fleet). The current organization of the PLAN is largely retention of the old organization of the Imperial Navy of the Great Qing Empire, which was influenced early on by the Royal Navy. I would say operation wise, yes, the modern day PLAN is modeling itself from the USN.

In terms of carrier task group schema? Looks like they are modeling itself after USN.

operationally, much of it was influenced by the russian navy, given the whole, cold war thing. but more recently it has been reforming into a more american-like navy. the carrier program is merely the most obvious of it all.

off topic, the qing navy was actually extremely powerful, on paper that is. but the personnel manning/commanding the ships were utterly incompetent or hopelessly corrupt, thus in actual combat it was decisively crushed.

operationally, much of it was influenced by the russian navy, given the whole, cold war thing. but more recently it has been reforming into a more american-like navy. the carrier program is merely the most obvious of it all.

off topic, the qing navy was actually extremely powerful, on paper that is. but the personnel manning/commanding the ships were utterly incompetent or hopelessly corrupt, thus in actual combat it was decisively crushed.

You do not give the Qing Navy credit , the Qing Navy was able to deter and resist French Navy's abilities in Formosa and to prevent a French control of the South Sea Fleet area of command. Pound per pound, the Qing Navy was larger than the Imperial Japanese Navy. The loss to the IJN was not because of lack of ability, but ultimately it was the use of fleet formation during the Battle of Weihaiwei and also in the Battle of the Yellow Sea.

Besides this, the Qing Navy was very professional and able to hold their own. They were a worthy and noble rival.

You do not give the Qing Navy credit , the Qing Navy was able to deter and resist French Navy's abilities in Formosa and to prevent a French control of the South Sea Fleet area of command. Pound per pound, the Qing Navy was larger than the Imperial Japanese Navy. The loss to the IJN was not because of lack of ability, but ultimately it was the use of fleet formation during the Battle of Weihaiwei and also in the Battle of the Yellow Sea.

Besides this, the Qing Navy was very professional and able to hold their own. They were a worthy and noble rival.

you didnt read about stories of corruption in the late qing era did you? i mean seriously, ammo being replaced with sand, gunners not even knowing how to properly operate their weapon. that's the kind of shit that made them lose and lose badly. were there outstanding individuals? sure there were, but the weight of the rest of the incompetent crew and the court meant the fleet(and the dynasty as a whole) was doomed the moment real fighting started.

This is a bit unnecessary, there will be no invasion of Liancourt Rocks. Besides I believe the issue with Takeshima will ultimately be solved soon.

Yes, I know there won't be an invasion because weapons like LOGIRs and 230mm rockets will be one of the first weapons that ROK Armed Forces hits Japan with if Dokdo is attacked in any way by the JSDF. Hyunmoo cruise missiles will be used against certain targets in Japan only in the later stages of a Korea vs Japan war.
I hope Tokyo takes South Korean retaliation capabilities into it's overall view of South Korea as there is a chance that Seoul could develop thermobaric munitions in the post-2020 time frame, which will upgrade South Korean strike capabilities even further. Either Japan totally and categorically drop its current claim (and any future ones) over the Dokdo Islets or face lower military relations despite signing the comfort women deal.
Japan has nothing to worry about from South Korea.......................................... unless there are plans in Japan to steal South Korean territory. Then I would have to honestly say that Japan does have a lot to worry about since South Korea knows what defence procurement plan to follow for all four branches of the ROK Armed Forces in the post-2020 time frame.

Last edited:
Yes, I know there won't be an invasion because weapons like LOGIRs and 230mm rockets will be one of the first weapons that ROK Armed Forces hits Japan with if Dokdo is attacked in any way by the JSDF. Hyunmoo cruise missiles will be used against certain targets in Japan only in the later stages of a Korea vs Japan war.
I hope Tokyo takes South Korean retaliation capabilities into it's overall view of South Korea as there is a chance that Seoul could develop thermobaric munitions in the post-2020 time frame, which will upgrade South Korean strike capabilities even further. Either Japan totally and categorically drop its current claim (and any future ones) over the Dokdo Islets or face lower military relations despite signing the comfort women deal.
Japan has nothing to worry about from South Korea.......................................... unless there are plans in Japan to steal South Korean territory. Then I would have to honestly say that Japan does have a lot to worry about since South Korea knows what defence procurement plan to follow for all four branches of the ROK Armed Forces in the post-2020 time frame.

Such big talk from a guy whose nation still is at 'war' with North Korea. Before you talk threateningly about Japan, focus your attention on Cousin Kim Jung Un, first, who threatens to glass Seoul to smitherens with his supposed nuclear missiles. :)

Anyways, like I said earlier, the Liancourt Rocks will be settled soon. Now that the Comfort Women issue is being settled between Tokyo and Seoul. Besides, I'm sure Tokyo will be prepared to concede claims to Liancourt in order to bolster and improve relations with Seoul.

Btw, as per your nation's Ministry of Defense, in the event that there is an open war between South Korea and North Korea, the South Korean Government has authorized the Japanese Ministry of Defense, and the JMSDF, JGSDF, JASDF as well as the JSFG (Japan Special Forces Group) to come to the aid of Seoul. This means, the legions upon legions of Japanese will come to help liberate and secure Korean Democracy. :)

Dont worry my Kankukojin friend, we shall help you in time and will exterminate the North Korean threat if ever they invade your sacred land.

635812074246248525-JMSDF-Fleet-Review-151018-DFN-Ship-Review-2b.JPG

msdf.jpg

thanks.jpg

r

J-WAIR2.jpg

;)

you didnt read about stories of corruption in the late qing era did you? i mean seriously, ammo being replaced with sand, gunners not even knowing how to properly operate their weapon. that's the kind of shit that made them lose and lose badly. were there outstanding individuals? sure there were, but the weight of the rest of the incompetent crew and the court meant the fleet(and the dynasty as a whole) was doomed the moment real fighting started.

I suppose yes there were cases. But at the same time we have to give them credit for their ability to try to administer the Empire and to keep their territories as long as possible. Given, i am not speaking as a Japanese, but am speaking as a military man and an officer of the JMSDF, the Qing were lambasted on all sides; by the English, the French, the Germans, the Americans, the Russians, the Italians, and then lastly by the Japanese. For being able to keep hold on to power and keep the Mandate of Heaven as long as they did, and to try to preserve the Chinese State for that long despite overwhelming odds, they should be given respect. Ultimately, in the end, the Qing did prevent the western and Japanese powers from completely conquering China , they resisted the Imperialist powers for that long.

The only thing that was unfortunate was that the Qing did not industrialize earlier , had they done this, then they would have industrialized as effectively as the Meiji Government in Tokyo.

That's my view. I give respect to the Qing for their abilities in trying to preserve the order for as long as they did. I am , as a Japanese, grieved to know that theirs was the last Imperial Dynasty of China, which was the progenitor of the Confucian-based Imperial system. Personally i would have liked to see a Constitutional Monarchy on China, one that would have preserved the millenial-old Imperial Hierarchy.

Back
Top Bottom