What's new

Secret warship base comes up on east coast

While the location of the base, names of the ship berthed etc will be announced in public, ...the main menu in the base canteen, name of the cook and the liquor quota of the officers will remain as top secret.

I take it seriously :azn:

No,Most of those leaks are done in purpose.You don't know how Indian media works.No media will dare to leak defense secrets of India.

Yeah.. thats what we all tell ourselves when an overzealous military rank decides to blabber his mouth off over scotch.

Yeah.. thats what we all tell ourselves when an overzealous military rank decides to blabber his mouth off over scotch.

No,you don't get it.Most of the so called leaks comes from top military establishment.Reasons are mainly internal politics,such things are mostly harmless.No Indian journalist can pull of a wilkileak like stunt.Indian media is not as free as we like to believe,They are run by policies established by GoI,and their are certain invisible guidelines ruling them,If they publish anything that goes against national security,Govt will pull their plug.

Hey how's the Base fully covered or once you pass through the hills then it's a plain area?

No,Most of those leaks are done in purpose.You don't know how Indian media works.No media will dare to leak defense secrets of India.

I dont buy this and specially in India where we have an over zealous sensationalistic media ever hunting for secrets and breaking, dont think Indian media cares much about national security over their sales ratings.

and, anyway what purpose could this news serve other than exposing the navy's secret base's location and its future plans and deployments at the base?

I dont buy this and specially in India where we have an over zealous sensationalistic media ever hunting for secrets and breaking, dont think Indian media cares much about national security over their sales ratings.

and, anyway what purpose could this news serve other than exposing the navy's secret base's location and its future plans and deployments at the base?

You are wrong.Our media is run by big MNCs.They know in order to stay alive in India,they have to run things by rules laid out GoI.I agree their is plenty of sensationalism in Indian media but when it comes to sensitive issues like national security they won't cross the line.Ever heard of powerful organization called press council of India.It is headed by a retired Chief Justice.And they have laid out clear guidelines about what to report and how to report.

In the era of SAT imaging. Nothi is going to hide itself which is uncovered and on the ground. So it's not a big deal that somebody point out.

Considering the Media leak record of India.. I doubt it will remain secret..

Its not a secret if you know it :lol:

Check this out..
it is pretty much is all that this base will be..
secret my Activity-based-accounting theory burdened Arse.

Driving Into Soviet Nuclear Submarine Base - Video - Wired
Sir, tell me, do you really think any country can keep a 20SQKM base a secret these days? Of course not! The IN had only kept the base secret in the early years of its design and construction but after a period it is futile to attempt to keep trying as all that development and construction is obvious to anyone near by or with access to Google Earth. All the IN can do is keep the activities at the base secret. I mean the world even knows about Area 51 but that doesn't mean the world knows what goes on exactly at Are 51, does it?

But when India wants to it can keep things very secret just look at INS Arihant and the Smiling Buddha tests for a couple of examples. There are many things happening in India and done by India that is kept secret.

Must be the first country in the world to announce --

"Hey guys ! We are making a secret military base for secret things. Location is marked by a giant red blip on Google maps just to let you know we have a most secretive secret base".

“Varsha” would also be located close to a large facility of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
So that both can be nuked together!! In other words, nuke one and the other goes for free! Jeeez! :P

whats with this secret thing?????i've done my engg in vizag..and majority of the ppl in my discipline know abt the dock yard...it's alrdy in operation

Its secrete ? while Indian member are posting Google images of it ? :what:

Lets also post exact coordinates :tup:

theres nothng secret in it...we do know about other docks in the country

guys its secret, do u ever think why we only show world that we have 125 arjun tanks only even we have designed and could mass produce it, no actually base is holding some secret warships and u guys know what at chandigarh there is chandimandir base of indian army around 150 to 180 arjun tanks i have seen there with t 72 ajeya also t 72 were around 90 to 100

This is true for SU30 mki numbers as well, official numbers are different than the real numbers.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom