What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

I like that because it is developing as a platform. Now reduce some weight and make it more aerodynamic.
Please provide your suggestions on improving the aerodynamics by advising what the current aerodynamics are in terms of computational airflow diagram or depiction and where they are lacking and could be improved.

paf is obsessed with US and f-16. classic example of mind control. they start this mind control even from the days of the academy. sending cadets to US academy, receiving medals and honors, putting US flag on squadron patches, following almost every tradition of USAF.
They even speak english!! The horror!! So do you and I, the horror!!
Must be HAARP

Please provide your suggestions on improving the aerodynamics by advising what the current aerodynamics are in terms of computational airflow diagram or depiction and where they are lacking and could be improved.

They even speak english!! The horror!! So do you and I, the horror!!
Must be HAARP
argument for the sake of argument are usually illogical and exaggerated such as yours. thx

argument for the sake of argument are usually illogical and exaggerated such as yours. thx
I have reponded to your argument before. You hqve not countered that but continued on the same tune. This will incite criticism.
A

I think the issue is not whether one speaks English or not, or HAARP, but that:

1. Colonial institutions are continuing to reproduce the same mindset that institutionally they were designed to do.
2. That this set of mindsets and the institutions that are creating them are detrimental to Pakistan (or India, or Bangladesh, or...)
3. That reforming these institutions to change this mindset is not akin to HAARP or tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

Corruption is a direct corollary of this, and together, represent perhaps the central problem with the Subcontinent.

Over and out as I don't like going off topic.

Incidentally I've met numerous military officers who recognize this. And some go on to explain sophisticated ways in which the Americans attempt to influence your thinking subtly when you go on "training" to the new pilgrimage.

I have reponded to your argument before. You hqve not countered that but continued on the same tune. This will incite criticism.
A
it was an illogical post by that member to my post. i have the full right to agree or disagree with anyone.

I am not an expert but all designers keep improving aerodynamics. I saw a picture of F18. Along with specifications, it was written that it was aerodynamically improved. All manufacturers continues to do that. We are doing that with our Tejas. There are ways of aerodynamic improvements which can be done with advance fluid aerodynamics studies. Electronics comes and goes. I always love to see basic platform inproving performance in terms of maneuverability, speed, Short take off and landing etc.

I am not an expert but all designers keep improving aerodynamics. I saw a picture of F18. Along with specifications, it was written that it was aerodynamically improved. All manufacturers continues to do that. We are doing that with our Tejas. There are ways of aerodynamic improvements which can be done with advance fluid aerodynamics studies. Electronics comes and goes. I always love to see basic platform inproving performance in terms of maneuverability, speed, Short take off and landing etc.

There are NO ways of aerodynamic improvements which can be done without advance fluid aerodynamics studies

Sometimes you read stories about how veteran pilots and engineers can look at a plane and make a judgment. So there is always a capacity to some minor extent, but this is reduced to very experienced and intelligent professionals.

There is a saying in the US military aviation - "if it looks right, it will fly right".

I doubt there are many people on this forum with that capacity. I certainly don't have it. But if I were to make an observation - the JFT looks like a fat-nosed hot dog with wings, while the F-16 just looks sleek and streamlined.

There are obvious technical and specific reasons for this difference, which is beyond most of our capacity to fully appreciate.

If my completely non-technical whims were to be taken seriously (for no particular reason), I'd have preferred a thinner nosed, sleeker fuselaged JF-17, even if it ended up being a tad longer.

Sometimes you read stories about how veteran pilots and engineers can look at a plane and make a judgment. So there is always a capacity to some minor extent, but this is reduced to very experienced and intelligent professionals.

There is a saying in the US military aviation - "if it looks right, it will fly right".

I doubt there are many people on this forum with that capacity. I certainly don't have it. But if I were to make an observation - the JFT looks like a fat-nosed hot dog with wings, while the F-16 just looks sleek and streamlined.

There are obvious technical and specific reasons for this difference, which is beyond most of our capacity to fully appreciate.

If my completely non-technical whims were to be taken seriously (for no particular reason), I'd have preferred a thinner nosed, sleeker fuselaged JF-17, even if it ended up being a tad longer.

There is a reason why PAF keepsac speed at 1.6 M. The Thunder has aerodynamic beauty by the boat load.

Observe the intakes. The outer surface is gently curved to follow the same profile as the DSI inside. One fundamental principle of aerodynamic design is to vary the profile gently - no sudden, sharp changes. At supersonic speeds, the DSI will tend to deflect air towards the outer surface, where it can flow smoothly because of similar profile.

At the front, the nose does not have a pitot tube. It has been found next to impossible to centre the tube and control airflow. So modern fighters such as F-22 and F-35 eschew it.

In the transonic range, the airflow from the nose is intercepted by the LERX. This ensures that the resulting contrails are hidden behind the aircraft's fuselage for an observer looking from below.

The clipped delta wings follow the F-16 pattern. Giving enough lift without too much drag. The LERX complement these with further lift.

The spine of the aircraft is slightly curved, creating a slight longitudinal instability.

The Thunder is absolutely a piece of beauty.

Perhaps it is utilization of this logic which has prevented the Tejas from being inducted. There are inherent problems with that. Dropping the weight is someth8ng ghat can be achieved by using composites. However there are costs considerations.
Aerodynamic changes are generally not made after a platform is co sidered to have achieved its dezign parameters. This has been achieved by JFT. Now more changes to body will require more testing and money and time all of which we cannot afford to waste.
A

Back
Top Bottom