What's new

SCS Standoff Continues

As US is not fully supporting the venture, I think india as their accidental allies should provide the Philippines and the vietcongs with their aids in manpower and their indigenous weapons free of charge. The more the better! :cheesy:

They're not going to rely on India for any helps except diplomatic supports. And now they'll have no choices but to negotiate with China bilaterally instead of internationalized the issues in which China insistently refused. Perhaps this is the best outcome for all parties concerned.

@EastSea

???

They're not going to rely on India for any helps except diplomatic supports. And now they'll have no choices but to negotiate with China bilaterally instead of internationalized the issues in which China insistently refused. Perhaps this is the best outcome for all parties concerned.

@EastSea

???

Ask me ? I wander how chinese dealing this issue with US.

As US is not fully supporting the venture, I think india as their accidental allies should provide the Philippines and the vietcongs with their aids in manpower and their indigenous weapons free of charge. The more the better! :cheesy:

But Uncle Sam said “We oppose the threat or use of force by any party to advance its claim”....
It means that he opposed Badboy?

She don't involve in to dispute, let debate is going on, but she is there by side with Philippine to protect him.

If Philippines goes to war with China in Huangyan Dao, which is a dispute area, then the US has no obligations to protect the Philippines under the mutual defense treaty that they signed.

Philippino don't go to war, just a stand-off. Open China fire first ?

It seems both sides are backing down now, which is a good thing, so war is very unlikely. As I said many times all parties should sit down and find solutions without outsiders interferences. The US has too much involvements with China so she won't go to bat for you guys as you are hoping for. (I'm signing off)

U.S. triples military aid to Philippines in 2012

(Reuters) - The United States will nearly triple its military funding for the Philippines this year, the Philippine foreign ministry said on Thursday, as tensions rise with China over disputed islands and Washington bolsters its alliance with Manila.

U.S. triples military aid to Philippines in 2012 | Reuters

Clinton's ambiguous position on the Scarborough Shoal standoff was a word-for-word playback of a US Congressional Research report issued in early April. The parse of the US response was that unless China attacks integral Philippine territory, rather than contested claims in the South China Sea, the US will refrain from any military intervention.

I guess the additional military aids is a good exiting strategy or excuse for the US involvement in Scarborough Shoal. Poor Aquino, he was so full of bravo....

Clinton's ambiguous position on the Scarborough Shoal standoff was a word-for-word playback of a US Congressional Research report issued in early April. The parse of the US response was that unless China attacks integral Philippine territory, rather than contested claims in the South China Sea, the US will refrain from any military intervention.

I guess the additional military aids is a good exiting strategy or excuse for the US involvement in Scarborough Shoal. Poor Aquino, he was so full of bravo....

Mao said: "Sitting on mountain watching tigers in fighting" :coffee:

You have a mistake, Philippine is falcon, china is monkey. Falcon playing stand-off with monkey. :meeting:

Monkeys have already caught the falcon. That's because objectively speaking monkeys are much smarter than falcons. Monkeys already can use tools while falcons don't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom