What's new

Scramble Scramble Scramble

Gloating after shooting down of an Indian spy UAV and unable to do anything about the Predators who have killed hundreds till date.

Ehh! What do you call this?

In easy term, Sending a message to any thrill seekers. ;)

I dont think the Predator operators have got your message.

They are enjoying the thrills almost every week. :lol:

In essence, they are actually doing our dirty laundry !!! know what i mean. :azn:

mere bhayio gherat b kisi cheez ka nam ha! Zilat ki zindagi se mout achi. Pakistan pe chahay jo b atack kray usko rokna ho ga . Ye mat socho k hum khatam ho jain gay , ye socho k hum america ko b 7 lay k doobain gay.
Azad pakistan zindabad

The question, whether the PAF is capable of shooting down Drones was decisively answered as far back as 2002, when during a stand off with India, an Israeli made Indian Air Force UAV intruded into Pakistan air space during the night of June 8th 2002. The kill was achieved by an F-16 which was scrambled after the bogey was detected by the GCI.
Following are images I obtained from the air directorate showing the events of that night, with the F-16s in night time scramble and the wreckage of the shot down Indian UAV.

1PAFF-16nightscramble.jpg

2PAFF-16nightscramble.jpg

3PAFF-16nightscramble.jpg

Since you pointed out this in your earlier post on shaeen 1a. Tell me, your PAF needs a F-16 to bring down a drone? Comendable job if what you said is true!

I hope you really understand that it is not a very proud thing that a very potent platform like F-16 is used to shoot down a freaking drone!!!

Since you pointed out this in your earlier post on shaeen 1a. Tell me, your PAF needs a F-16 to bring down a drone? Comendable job if what you said is true!

I hope you really understand that it is not a very proud thing that a very potent platform like F-16 is used to shoot down a freaking drone!!!

When your air force doesn't even have the confidence to fly a single engine plane on republic day fly past, not even the pride and joy, Tejas......wonder what the IAF would use to intercept a small target like a UAV close to the mid-night hour. !!!

^^^ I see you are going off-topic, we are not talking about Tejas nor are we talking about what the IAF would use. A manpad for example is enough to shoot down a drone, even any decent SAM defence can do the job..

what about the USA drones F16B52 can shoot them down to or leaders are to shameless to take the decision

When your air force doesn't even have the confidence to fly a single engine plane on republic day fly past, not even the pride and joy, Tejas......wonder what the IAF would use to intercept a small target like a UAV close to the mid-night hour. !!!
With almost 90% of their airdefence infrastructure being obsolete (as per their own army chief). First thing you should ask whether they would be able to detect the invading drone or not.....Interception is second step. Few days ago I was reading an interview of a ukrainaian radar and airdefence manufacturer, the words were ," we offered them the modernization at very competitive cost, but we can not make endless trips to dehi to make repeated presentations forever. Its no worth spending the money on setting up a stall at Indian Def Expo if you know that the proceedures wont make be able to make a sale." Just a quick fact, it took IAF Two Decades to induct HAWK trainers.

With almost 90% of their airdefence infrastructure being obsolete (as per their own army chief). First thing you should ask whether they would be able to detect the invading drone or not.....Interception is second step. The interview of a ukrainaian radar and airdefence manufacturer, his words were ," we offered them the modernization at very competitive cost, but we can not make endless trips to dehi to make repeated presentations forever. Its no worth spending the money on setting up a stall at Indian Def Expo if you know that the proceedures wont make be able to make a sale." Just a quick fact, it took IAF Two Decades to induct HAWK trainers.

at least learn the difference between the air defense for the army and the air force. :lol:
by the way kudos on restarting a 1 yr old thread.

what about the USA drones F16B52 can shoot them down to or leaders are to shameless to take the decision
See Winjammer here is only proud that they shot the drone with a F-16 but would not reply when I ask why their best fighter for a drone.. Also yes a simple drone can be shot down but there are obvious reasons they cannot..

The most likely interception in such scenario would be from either Peshawar or Kamra. I dont think it would make sense to scramble F-16s from Mianwali or Jacobabad to waste precious fuel when high tech platforms are also available in above two stations.

at least learn the difference between the air defense for the army and the air force. :lol:
Well care to elaborate it? Plz enlighten me....

Believe me he will not, btw I restarted the thread cause Windjammer was boasting on another thread that they shot down our drone with an F-16. I simply asked him why frontline F-16..

^^^ I see you are going off-topic, we are not talking about Tejas nor are we talking about what the IAF would use. A manpad for example is enough to shoot down a drone, even any decent SAM defence can do the job..

Let me remind you that SAMs are not positioned at every corner, during hostilities (2002) when you detect an enemy threat/intusion in the middle of the night, you don't wait around hoping for it to fly in the vicinity of a defence site so you could open fire on it.
PAF was scrambled to determine the nature of the intrusion, identify it and then deal with it.

Imagine if it was say, a small civil aircraft, which lost it's way or something, you don't just fire a missile just because it's entered your airspace.

Back
Top Bottom