What's new

SCO expands, meaning SAARC may become obsolete soon

FaujHistorian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan and India have been admitted to SCO. This is where China is the center and everyone revolves around it. Russia, India, Pakistan, and other CARs are satellites of different sizes and colors.

Quiete possibe that now BDesh and Nepal too would want to become members of SCO.

What does this means for India lead SAARC?

It may become obsolete now.

What are your thoughts?

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi, @Patriots, @karachiite_pacifist

Pakistan and India have been admitted to SCO. This is where China is the center and everyone revolves around it. Russia, India, Pakistan, and other CARs are satellites of different sizes and colors.

Quiete possibe that now BDesh and Nepal too would want to become members of SCO.

What are your thoughts?

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider, @KURUMAYA, @Gazi, @Patriots, @karachiite_pacifist

SAARC will be replaced by a India centric grouping BBIN for better co-ordination and co-operation.

SCO has a long list of members waiting to join and I think Iran and Afganishtan will get priority as they more directly impact the regional security, It may take a decade or so before BD, Bhutan and Nepal get to enter SCO.

Last edited:
SAARC will be replaced by a India centric grouping BBIN for better co-ordination and co-operation.
Good point. BBIN effectiveness compared to SCO will remain second rate though. Me thinks.

S
SCO has a long list of members waiting to join land I think Iran and Afganishtan will get priority as they more directly impact the regional security, It may take a decade or so before BD, Bhutan and Nepal get to enter SCO.
Off course.

SAARC has own needs we s.asians are here please have some time to chit chat each other also its good

you think SAARC is south Asian version of OIC (Oh I see)

Good point. BBIN effectiveness compared to SCO will remain second rate though. Me thinks.

Of course, BBIN is just a way to better integrate India with with its friendly neighbors. It has no aspirations of anything grand or strategic relevance. A similar comparison would be relation of US with it's neighbor though not even that big in scope.

Further its efficacy remains to be seen. Everything depends on how much money India can give these countries. If China offers a better deal they will bail out.

SCO is whole another kind of beast with China, Russia, India and Pakistan in it. 4 Nuclear powers no one can afford to ignore. Though its oversell to imagine it a bloc like NATO. It would be strictly economic and security driven with a hint of strategic posturing but not a full blown military alliance like Nato

@Imaran Khan is absolutely correct about future and current relevance of SAARC

Off course.

yes whats wrong with us guys ? why we want to leave groups while whole world want to join any group the find .

yes whats wrong with us guys ? why we want to leave groups while whole world want to join any group the find .

Off course. Sud off course.

No one is talking about leaving SAARC. We are discussing its relevance vs. obsolescence.

Hope you understand.

Off course.

When you already predecided and already concluded, then why this thread?

Off course. Sud off course.

No one is talking about leaving SAARC. We are discussing its relevance vs. obsolescence.

Hope you understand.

Ofcourse since India has joined SCO, it can drop its opposition to China and let it join SAARC as it has always wanted to. The fear is that China would dominate SAARC and in that case India can invite Russia along too.

SAARC can be renamed something reflecting the new membership pattern

SAARC is useless organization without any force to reckon with....Rather with modern day reality, new allignments should be formed....

What are your thoughts?

Ofcourse since India has joined SCO, it can drop its opposition to China and let it join SAARC as it has always wanted to. The fear is that China would dominate SAARC and in that case India can invite Russia along too.

you mean SAARC-1 = SOC-2?

I think rather than Russia, Japan should be invited...The reason is Japan is a neutral country and has trade relatioh n with all of the South Asian nations..

you mean SAARC-1 = SOC-2?

Rather SAARC + 2 (China and Russia) = SCO if you think about it taking into consideration combined economy and defense of the respective organization.

What SCO countries not in SAARC have in terms of Oil, the the Asian countries have in terms of human resources.

SAARC should be discontinued.

India will be leading South Asia with BBIN. BBIN should be expanded to incorporate those countries too which are not directly connected by road networks.
We don't want any more impediments to development.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom