What's new

SCMP Video: Singapore begins national Covid-19 vaccination programme [using Pfizer-BioNTech]

I took the second Pfizer shot does this mean...
watashi wa mou shindeiru :suicide:

He is on my ignore list and I didn't even know he tagged me in so many posts until you posted here LOL. I was right to put him on my ignore list, having a laugh at his stupidity right now. :lol:

He is on my ignore list and I didn't even know he tagged me in so many posts until you posted here LOL. I was right to put him on my ignore list, having a laugh at his stupidity right now. :lol:

You are right to ignore him. In the UK,UAE and the US, first line medical workers and people over 75 are receiving the Pfizer shot. Is it the same in Singapore? I expect vaccinations will ramp up in the US in the next few weeks. Biden aims to have everyone vaccinated by May 2021.

You are right to ignore him. In the UK,UAE and the US, first line medical workers and people over 75 are receiving the Pfizer shot. Is it the same in Singapore? I expect vaccinations will ramp up in the US in the next few weeks. Biden aims to have everyone vaccinated by May 2021.

Yes, it is the same in Singapore. Medical workers, front line workers, and the elderly.

I already know a few air stewardess who have taken the vaccine. One told me that around 90% of stewardess in her airline have signed up for the vaccine.

Right now Singapore has only approved Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, both with high efficacies in reviewed studies.

online_the-leading-shots.jpg

Last edited:

Not sure why he thinks the Pfizer doesn't work and the Chinese ones do since Israel is posting figures that their cases are going down while Brazil's are actually going up.

Israel with Pfizer

Meanwhile in Brazil which was the first country to mass use Chinese vaccines.

Not sure why he thinks the Pfizer doesn't work

It's obvious in this forum. The straightforward answer, really, is because it comes from the eViL!!1! US. :lol: I'm sure they will sing a different tune if Pfizer is from, say China.

They make their judgement based on bias and not rationality. That's why I ignore these trolls, whether they are blindly anti-US or anti-China or anti-India or whatever.

I mean, citing an anti-vaxxer lol.

”Doshi's comments triggered controversy on Chinese social media platforms, with some Chinese experts doubting Doshi's counting method for efficacy as he takes all participants showing symptoms to be confirmed COVID-19 cases, even if PRC tests show negative results.

"The PRC test is of very high sensitivity, 98.6 percent in the last year. But its sensitivity could be only 5 percent under Doshi's counting method," Zhuang Shilihe, a Guangzhou-based vaccine doctor, told the Global Times on Wednesday.

Zhuang noted that Doshi's doubts may be related to the anti-vaccine movement in the US, noting that Doshi has previously criticized other vaccines like the flu vaccines.“

Derek Lowe, an expert on the pharmaceutical industry, wrote recently that "if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see" about 14,000 deaths from heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and other usual causes of mortality.

"But if you took those 10 million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there's a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine," he added.

Like all other vaccines in the market, I'm very sure there are people dying after taking the Sinovac vaccine as well.

If millions of people took the Sinovac vaccine and no one died in the next two months, maybe it isn't a vaccine for Covid-19. It should be rebranded as the elixir of immortality.

There are one or two isolated case of death after 24 hours of Sinovac after administering 10 millions dose as per now.

Now there are hundreds or probably thousands of cases of death 24 hours after Pfizer. More to come for Pfizer. Eventually many people die after taking Pfizer.

Turkish university says China's Sinovac vaccine 83.5% effective. Brazil 50% efficacy was due to draconian test environment, and taking all minor cases in account.

Pfizer never even admit minor cases in her statistic.

You are also a liar.

It's obvious in this forum. The straightforward answer, really, is because it comes from the eViL!!1! US. :lol: I'm sure they will sing a different tune if Pfizer is from, say China.

They make their judgement based on bias and not rationality. That's why I ignore these trolls, whether they are blindly anti-US or anti-China or anti-India or whatever.

I mean, citing an anti-vaxxer lol.

Like all other vaccines in the market, I'm very sure there are people dying after taking the Sinovac vaccine as well.

If millions of people took the Sinovac vaccine and no one died in the next two months, maybe it isn't a vaccine for Covid-19. It should be rebranded as the elixir of immortality.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Austria suspended astrazeneca for just one death cases.Austria now shouting to buy sinovac while eu is stopping everyone from doing so.

The most lethal virus is not Astra but pfizer, now likely caused thousands of death.

Clown mista is pushing for it.

My Singapore friend is fed up that they are not allow to chose which vaccine to get, really afraid of the Pfizer vaccine.
There are one or two isolated case of death after 24 hours of Sinovac after administering 10 millions dose as per now.

Now there are hundreds or probably thousands of cases of death 24 hours after Pfizer. More to come for Pfizer. Eventually many people die after taking Pfizer.

Turkish university says China's Sinovac vaccine 83.5% effective. Brazil 50% efficacy was due to draconian test environment, and taking all minor cases in account.

Pfizer never even admit minor cases in her statistic.

You are also a liar.

Brazil 50% efficacy may be also due to the Brazil strain which is public 2 days after the sinovac report,

Insulted Other Member/Nationality

Last edited by a moderator:
More than 350,000 Singapore residents have received first dose of COVID-19 vaccine: Gan Kim Yong

SINGAPORE: Singapore is making “steady progress” in its COVID-19 vaccination programme, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said on Friday (Mar 5).

Speaking in Parliament during his ministry’s Committee of Supply debate, he said that as of Thursday, more than 350,000 Singapore residents have received the first dose of their vaccine, including about 80 per cent of healthcare workers.

In all, 215,000 Singaporeans have received their second doses.

COVID-19 vaccinations in Singapore started in December last year, with a nurse from the National Centre for Infectious Diseases getting the first jab.

Singapore has so far authorised two COVID-19 vaccines for use - Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.

Singapore received shipment of a third vaccine by China's Sinovac Biotech in February, but at the time, it had not been authorised for use in the country.

Mr Gan also said that more than 40,000 seniors aged 70 and above have received their first dose as of Thursday. The programme will be rolled out soon to seniors aged 60 and above, he said.

COVID-19 vaccinations for seniors aged 70 and above began across Singapore last month.

Mr Gan thanked community volunteers from the People’s Association and Silver Generation Ambassadors for reaching out to seniors and helping them make their appointments.

All covid vaccines have been developed and distributed within much less period of time than usual. All concerns about them are both valid and inconclusive. Regardless how you feel about each one of them, as of now it is only people 's faith that is driving the use of them. For what is worth, Americans and people in many western countries have their faith (whether it is out of fear or not) in mRNA and viral vector technologies. Just look how many of them (check percentage growth) have been vaccinated. And despite being an old technology, how many Chinese have vaccinated themselves with those made in China, preassumed to be safer, inactivated virus based covid vaccines?
In short, I would say, talk is cheap. The action is what really matters.

All covid vaccines have been developed and distributed within much less period of time than usual. All concerns about them are both valid and inconclusive. Regardless how you feel about each one of them, as of now it is only people 's faith that is driving the use of them. For what is worth, Americans and people in many western countries have their faith (whether it is out of fear or not) in mRNA and viral vector technologies. Just look how many of them (check percentage growth) have been vaccinated. And despite being an old technology, how many Chinese have vaccinated themselves with those made in China, preassumed to be safer, inactivated virus based covid vaccines?
In short, I would say, talk is cheap. The action is what really matters.
There is little to no chance of getting the Chinese vaccines in the west and China more or less contain the covid 19 outbreak in China so they don't see the need to do a rush job in China. But those Chinese vaccines exported over sea to those countries that can't contain their outbreak are very popular compared to the western vaccines.

The only odd one out is Singapore because they invested money in Pfizer and that's the reason they have not approve sinovac yet. Nothing noble as in testing out to make sure it's safe. Their government is a typical right wing government.

There is little to no chance of getting the Chinese vaccines in the west and China more or less contain the covid 19 outbreak in China so they don't see the need to do a rush job in China. But those Chinese vaccines exported over sea to those countries that can't contain their outbreak are very popular compared to the western vaccines.

The only odd one out is Singapore because they invested money in Pfizer and that's the reason they have not approve sinovac yet. Nothing noble as in testing out to make sure it's safe. Their government is a typical right wing government.
It isn't really about the chance of getting Chinese vaccines in the west. Chinese vaccines don't even apply for certification in the west. It is not like China now has vaccines and the west would automatically approve their use. The makers of those vaccines HAVE TO apply for it. How could people in the west get the vaccines that are not certified there? In short, China doesn't want the west to get Chinese vaccines by refusing to go through the same certification process that other vaccines have gone through.

The only odd one out is Singapore because they invested money in Pfizer and that's the reason they have not approve sinovac yet.

As a small country, Singapore has invested and placed bets in many different vaccines, not just Pfizer but also Moderna and Sinovac.

Supplies of these 3 vaccines have arrived in Singapore. Pfizer and Moderna have been approved and are being administered. We are still awaiting for Sinovac’s submission of the necessary information to evaluate its safety and effectiveness.

SINGAPORE - Singapore received its first shipment of China’s Sinovac vaccine on Tuesday (Feb 23) but has yet to authorise it for use, said the Health Ministry (MOH) on Wednesday (Feb 24).

It added that the vaccine maker has started submitting initial data to the Health Sciences Authority (HSA).

“HSA is currently awaiting Sinovac’s submission of all the necessary information in order to carry out a thorough scientific assessment of the manufacturing process, safety and efficacy of the vaccine under the Pandemic Special Access Route,” MOH said.

Singapore has placed orders for vaccines against the Sars-CoV-2 virus from multiple suppliers to hedge its bets, and has received supplies of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, which have been approved for use.

Late last month, it received its first shipment of China's Sinovac vaccine, which has not yet been authorised by the Health Sciences Authority for use in Singapore. The agency is in the process of evaluating it for safety and efficacy.

With mass vaccination campaigns under way around the world giving rise to vaccine diplomacy - countries using vaccines as instruments of influence - some commentators have suggested that China may be pushing for Singapore to approve the Sinovac product.

Asked by BBC World News Asia Business correspondent Karishma Vaswani if Singapore was under pressure to use a Chinese-made vaccine, Mr Lee said: "We are in the process of evaluating the vaccine. If it passes muster in terms of safety and effectiveness, we will use it."

He added: "I do not think there is any basis for people to say, a vaccine comes from China, it is no good, or conversely, a vaccine comes from China, it must be good because I am a Chinaman and it matches my DNA. Vaccines are vaccines."

Mr Lee also noted that China has capable scientists, biomedical researchers and vaccine researchers, adding that he had no doubt they were capable of making good vaccines.

Since Singapore's Covid-19 vaccination drive kicked off last December, more than 610,000 doses of vaccines have been administered.

It isn't really about the chance of getting Chinese vaccines in the west. Chinese vaccines don't even apply for certification in the west. It is not like China now has vaccines and the west would automatically approve their use. The makers of those vaccines HAVE TO apply for it. How could people in the west get the vaccines that are not certified there? In short, China doesn't want the west to get Chinese vaccines by refusing to go through the same certification process that other vaccines have gone through.
That's the point
As a small country, Singapore has invested and placed bets in many different vaccines, not just Pfizer but also Moderna and Sinovac.

Supplies of these 3 vaccines have arrived in Singapore. Pfizer and Moderna have been approved and are being administered. We are still awaiting for Sinovac’s submission of the necessary information to evaluate its safety and effectiveness.

This stands to reason Singapore stands with USA and company like Japan. Lot of counries like UAE, Brazil and your Neighbor already approve the vaccine. And Singapore can also return sinovac back to China getting the money back.

Back
Top Bottom