What's new

Scientific assessment of origins of coronaviruses

The recent outbreak (COVID-19) have reached pandemic proportions as of late: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
WHO was pushed into declaring it a pandemic by unknown powers ..
https://globalnews.ca/news/6644915/un-no-pandemic-coronavirus/
Fauci lied calling it 10 times more dangerous than seasonal flu Where is scientific data to back the claim? and that he 'personally' wont goto a restaurant....why share his 'personal' views over a scientific one and where are those proportions defined? as per cdc proportions we are nowher near a pandemic..
upload_2020-4-11_6-51-22.png

upload_2020-4-11_6-48-13.png

However, this is also the first time in history that every government is adopting measures to minimize spread of this outbreak. Therefore, statistics do not matter.

The recent outbreak is caused by 7th coronavirus strain identified as (SARS-CoV-2).

There is a 17 years-long history of earlier outbreaks starting with the original SARS outbreak and followed by the SABS outbreak, then MERS outbreak, and now the most recent COVID-19 outbreak respectively. This reality is increasingly acknowledged in maintream sources now: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/has-anything-changed-since-the-2003-sars-outbreak

Unfortunately, many of these cases were being mistaken for being cases of influenza and even pneumonia in hospitals around the world because some strains cause mild symptoms and other strains cause severe symptoms, and these symptoms match those of influenza to large extent. Only Allah Almighty knows how many are carriers by now.
STATISTICS DO MATTER. dont beat around the bush on this.. and this is not the first time govts. are working together on a pandemic..however it might be the first time you destroy all economies to save some old people in return killing several million more due to poverty or maybe the first ttime a pandemic is used to control every govt.s finances. i.e. a one world government.
..like i said they are also adding 'suspected corona virus deaths' which is totally misleading. they are including overwhelming Amount of false positive cases in thE toll. so stats matter..
None of the reported numbers can be taken at a face value because of erroneous testing and irresponsible assumptions being done at large.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/early-mortality-rates-covid-19-misleading-experts/story?id=69477312

Now that the world is coming to terms with the fact that they are dealing with a GROUP of viruses (coronaviruses) and a series of outbreaks in humans in succession (a phenomenon), there are calls for global centralization for addressing this phenomenon because this looks beyond the capacity of individual governments to cope with in the long-term.
Not the world, just the NATO countries and the timing raises the suspicion...people all over the world don't share the same immunity as some old white folks in europe ....I think the matter should be sent to security council instead of "global centralization BS" .Anything fake should be vetoed and accepted if unanimously agreed upon...this will clear doubts of many...
as nobody can dictate the world when to shut the world down on a pandemic and when to not..
You didnt answer most of my questions..but i dont blame you .since this doesnt involve science..

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-11_6-0-52.png
    upload_2020-4-11_6-0-52.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That is a YouTube Masala hypothesis.

Scientific assessment (extensive genome analysis of SARS-CoV-2) refuted that hypothesis.

Lol bro, you're talking sense to people who have an agenda to push. The virus being bio-engineered furthers the agenda of China as they don't want to take blame for the illegal wet markets (by WHO since 2002 sars) and also to continue their America blame game hatred. At the same time, Muricans want to spread Chinese hatred.

Facts and science takes a backseat. Read the replies of Chinese members here who are pushing so hard to make it bio-engineered. I said it since day one that our science knowledge is so crap, we can't engineer a beauty like coronavirus.

WHO was pushed into declaring it a pandemic by unknown powers ..
https://globalnews.ca/news/6644915/un-no-pandemic-coronavirus/
Fauci lied calling it 10 times more dangerous than seasonal flu Where is scientific data to back the claim? and that he 'personally' wont goto a restaurant....why share his 'personal' views over a scientific one and where are those proportions defined? as per cdc proportions we are nowher near a pandemic..
View attachment 622706

View attachment 622705

STATISTICS DO MATTER. dont beat around the bush on this.. and this is not the first time govts. are working together on a pandemic..however it might be the first time you destroy all economies to save some old people in return killing a million more due to poverty or maybe the first ttim a pandemic is used to control every govt.s finances. i.e. a one world government.
..like i said they are also adding 'suspected corona virus deaths' which is totally misleading. they are including overwhelming Amount of false positive cases in thE toll. so stats matter..
None of the reported numbers can be taken at a face value because of erroneous testing and irresponsible assumptions being done at large.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/early-mortality-rates-covid-19-misleading-experts/story?id=69477312

Not the world, just the NATO countries and the timing raises the suspicion...people all over the world don't share the same immunity as some old white folks in europe ....I think the matter should be sent to security council instead of "global centralization BS" .Anything fake should be vetoed and accepted if unanimously agreed upon...this will clear doubts of many...
as nobody can dictate the world when to shut the world down on a pandemic and when to not..
You didnt answer most of my questions..but i dont blame you .since this doesnt involve science..
Bro,

First article cited by you = March 8, 2020
Infected people as on March 8, 2020 = 100,000+

In contrast:

Infected people as on April 12, 2020 = 1,771,514 (absolute total unclear and count continues to shift by the minute)
MORTALITY as on April 12, 2020 = 108,503 (count continues to shift by the minute)

Day and Night difference in a span of just a month, right?

United Nations have declared COVID-19 outbreak our greatest challenge since World War II by now: https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/coronavirus.html

Second article cited by you from an Indian author = March 9, 2002
Young people have nothing to worry about, right?

Too early to draw conclusions at present. Among those who have succumbed to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strain by now, hundreds were reportedly young.

FYI: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

Old people have compromised immunity on average so MORTALITY rate is expected to be much higher in older age groups from virtually any potent pathogen - why is this even news?

ABOVE ALL; you are comparing conditions of humanity in 1918 with that of today? Like seriously?

Humanity's ability to fight deadly pathogens was [incredibly] limited and localized back in 1918. Medical sciences, and methods collaboration, have come a long way since, and antibiotics along with painkillers have significantly improved our chances to cope with deadly pathogens and/or significant trauma [subject to timely treatment]. These advances also explain why human population have exploded as of late (considerable leap in average life-span).

SARS-CoV-2 is a potentially lethal coronavirus strain and its ability to acquire new hosts put other viruses to shame (recombinogenic properties and survival threshold among other factors). Even with present-day medical applications and GLOBAL efforts to combat COVID-19 oubreak, people continue to succumb to this pathogen as WE speak, and total mortality have reached CATEGORY II in a span of 2 months only. Over 100 countries are dealing with this menace as WE speak, and this outbreak have affected human activity and economies on a scale never seen before.

In the light of the above, I am not sure if textbook definition of PANDEMIC apply anymore.

Do keep in mind that humanity is up against a PATHOGENIC PHENOMENON at the turn of 21st century which continue to produce new strains and cause new outbreaks from time-to-time (corona GROUP of viruses in short). This is a unique threat afflicting mankind since 2002, and Allah Almighty knows how many are carriers of different types of strains as WE speak. My assumption is that over a billion are infected if all coronavirus strains are counted since the original SARS outbreak in 2002, and it is unclear how many have died due to these strains in the mix because numerous cases have been mistaken for conventional seasonal flu and pneumonia all along.

Please understand that coronaviruses have puzzled numerous medical practitioners around the world because symptoms are similar to that of seasonal flu on average until they prove fatal. Few medical practitioners had an idea what was happening since the original SARS outbreak and much of the knowledge about coronaviruses was in scientific journals and outside the attention of average joe throughout. Many medical practitioners were outright lying when they asserted that seasonal flu is killing more people than coronaviruses as of late; few realized that these deaths were occurring due to one or two coronavirus strain(s) in the mix in numerous patients, and scores of scientific publications attest to this fact now based on my readings. The latest SARS-CoV-2 strain have recurring potential as well; no guarantee of safety even it symptoms go away after treatment. And potential vaccines are far from being mass-produced anytime soon. It is only now that so much awareness is in the air when situation have turned for the worse for much of humanity as of late. I shall admit that I didn't knew much about this phenomenon either until I had the motivation to read some scientific papers amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.

Statistics are supposed to be logically driven and applied in general practice; some people do not get this. Statistics of mortality caused by seasonal flu in a span of 90 years cannot be [should not be] compared to statistics of mortality caused by the latest SARS-CoV-2 strain in a span of 2 months; this is logically fallacy.

If you wish to see a comparison of sorts (premature): https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/26/cor...eres-how-it-stacks-up-to-other-pandemics.html

I have given sufficient pointers to members of this forum in this thread [in good faith] on the basis of my recent readings due to absolutely serious nature of what I term as the CORONA PHENOMENON plaguing the entire world since 2002. However, I do not wish to be dragged into politics over the latest COVID-19 outbreak, and therefore leave this topic to your better judgement and that of others at this point.

I completely understand that state-imposed lock-down(s) have affected many lives around the world at present (mine as well), and these lock-downs might not be sustainable in the long-term. I also understand your personal reservations about the calls for the so-called NEW WORLD ORDER as apparent from your previous post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/scie...rigins-of-coronaviruses.660707/#post-12221025

My take is that WE might have to change [our] lifestyle(s) to certain extent to better cope with the CORONA PHENOMENON affecting humanity since 2002 due to significant leap in its intensity as of late, and more outbreaks are expected in the future. People will have to come to terms with this new reality sooner or later. There are bigger forces at play in this world than mankind - I hope people realize and consider revisiting their imaan.

Stay safe and take care of yourself and your family. Best wishes.

Lol bro, you're talking sense to people who have an agenda to push. The virus being bio-engineered furthers the agenda of China as they don't want to take blame for the illegal wet markets (by WHO since 2002 sars) and also to continue their America blame game hatred. At the same time, Muricans want to spread Chinese hatred.

Facts and science takes a backseat. Read the replies of Chinese members here who are pushing so hard to make it bio-engineered. I said it since day one that our science knowledge is so crap, we can't engineer a beauty like coronavirus.
My apolitical thread in relation: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sincere-apologies-to-the-chinese-friends.657472/

However, narrative-building with political underpinnings is part and parcel of numerous entities in these modern times (expanding issue and FITNA); POLITICS everywhere.

NULL HYPOTHESIS: POLITICS is not world's largest religion
ALTERNATE HYPOTHESIS: POLITICS is world's largest religion

:-)

Go through this beautifully written Surah: https://quran.com/96

Last edited:
COVID -19 which is an RNA virus did not significantly mutate so far over the last three months based on the latest genomic analysis. Those little mutations which took place are negligible. RNA viruses are more prone to mutations. It clearly shows that COVID-19 is well adapted to human cells. On the other hand, there is no conclusive evidence on the origin of this novel virus strain. My question is how COVID-19 got enough time to adapt to human cells before it was discovered. It must have been in human cell environment longer than we believe to be.

Frankly I don't understand much about gnome or DNA or RNA. But what amaze me the simplicity of COVID-19 that even a normal person like me understand.

1) Attach to lungs cell (epithelial cells), (Strange why Lungs only, and how convenient, looks they just waiting to be infected or otherway around?
2) Penetrate into cell, and insert its genetical meterial into the cell.
3) cell simply replicate the RNA received
4) once it's reaches to maximum level a cell can hold, it's melt the cell and spread in sourounding cells..

Now the problem with this is, its way too simple. And what I understand through evolution or mutations it is anything but simple. So it's very hard to believe it all happened within the bats one of the hostile environment for virus, they need to continuously fight with immune cells of bat, unless these were acient virus just suddenly came out without any trace (which is highly unlikely).

Now the worst thing in humans their immune system detect it very late since humans immune system has no previous record of any of such virus or their family members. Which makes it hard to detect and people keep spreading it without even knowing they are the carriers.

That's the reason I don't think it happened naturally. However we will never know. It's the media to decide what get written into the history..

Anyways, #StayHome#StaySafe
Bats are just filthy and ancient creatures that harbour all sorts of mischief which they're able to fight off immunologically thanks to millennia of evolution. Covid19 is a zoonotic infection of man, hence it spreads from animals to humans - human immune systems simply weren't ready for it. RNA viruses mutate a heck of a lot too.

Bro,

First article cited by you = March 8, 2020
Infected people as on March 8, 2020 = 100,000+

In contrast:

Infected people as on April 12, 2020 = 1,771,514 (absolute total unclear and count continues to shift by the minute)
MORTALITY as on April 12, 2020 = 108,503 (count continues to shift by the minute)

Day and Night difference in a span of just a month, right?
Regarding infections you didn't answer regarding upto 30% the false positives being counted.vast ~90% of which ar mild cases.The main problem is health system being overwhelmed.
And the tests so far happening for anti-bodies are not precisely for covid-19 anti-bodies..Once we have the covid19 antibody test available only then we can determine how far it has spread.Till then we cant assume anything and# of deaths of patients showing covid19 symptoms and +ive ion test is all what we have..

Regarding deaths you didnt answer my question on 'suspected covid19 deaths'.
This Senator has answered, and confirmed what i said before.

United Nations have declared COVID-19 outbreak our greatest challenge since World War II by now: https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/coronavirus.html
Such ridiculous talk is why people are in unnecessary panic..WW2 was a problem only for the Europeans back then , not the rest of the world.Rest of the world actually cashed it and made their businesses boom.

Second article cited by you from an Indian author = March 9, 2002
I think you need to check that link again ..you are calling 2020 2002.
And it doesn't matter who did the story..the people the indian quoted are professionals.

Young people have nothing to worry about, right?
Too early to draw conclusions at present. Among those who have succumbed to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strain by now, hundreds were reportedly young.
Around 0.7% of deaths among age group 15-24 due to flu/pneumonia was always there long before the 'plandemic'.
so lets shut down the world for some few hundred individuals and have millions of people kill themselvesat the hand of poverty and chaos ? Do you see whats happening in India?
Thousands of young people die due to a hundred other reasons including .heart attack,stroke and respiratory illness .Ever heard of smoking,alcohol, being banned for every age group?

FYI: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

Old people have compromised immunity on average so MORTALITY rate is expected to be much higher in older age groups from virtually any potent pathogen - why is this even news?

ABOVE ALL; you are comparing conditions of humanity in 1918 with that of today? Like seriously?

Humanity's ability to fight deadly pathogens was [incredibly] limited and localized back in 1918. Medical sciences, and methods collaboration, have come a long way since, and antibiotics along with painkillers have significantly improved our chances to cope with deadly pathogens and/or significant trauma [subject to timely treatment]. These advances also explain why human population have exploded as of late (considerable leap in average life-span).

SARS-CoV-2 is a potentially lethal coronavirus strain and its ability to acquire new hosts put other viruses to shame (recombinogenic properties and survival threshold among other factors). Even with present-day medical applications and GLOBAL efforts to combat COVID-19 oubreak, people continue to succumb to this pathogen as WE speak, and total mortality have reached CATEGORY II in a span of 2 months only. Over 100 countries are dealing with this menace as WE speak, and this outbreak have affected human activity and economies on a scale never seen before.

In the light of the above, I am not sure if textbook definition of PANDEMIC apply anymore.

Do keep in mind that humanity is up against a PATHOGENIC PHENOMENON at the turn of 21st century which continue to produce new strains and cause new outbreaks from time-to-time (corona GROUP of viruses in short). This is a unique threat afflicting mankind since 2002, and Allah Almighty knows how many are carriers of different types of strains as WE speak. My assumption is that over a billion are infected if all coronavirus strains are counted since the original SARS outbreak in 2002, and it is unclear how many have died due to these strains in the mix because numerous cases have been mistaken for conventional seasonal flu and pneumonia all along.

Please understand that coronaviruses have puzzled numerous medical practitioners around the world because symptoms are similar to that of seasonal flu on average until they prove fatal. Few medical practitioners had an idea what was happening since the original SARS outbreak and much of the knowledge about coronaviruses was in scientific journals and outside the attention of average joe throughout. Many medical practitioners were outright lying when they asserted that seasonal flu is killing more people than coronaviruses as of late; few realized that these deaths were occurring due to one or two coronavirus strain(s) in the mix in numerous patients, and scores of scientific publications attest to this fact now based on my readings. The latest SARS-CoV-2 strain have recurring potential as well; no guarantee of safety even it symptoms go away after treatment. And potential vaccines are far from being mass-produced anytime soon. It is only now that so much awareness is in the air when situation have turned for the worse for much of humanity as of late. I shall admit that I didn't knew much about this phenomenon either until I had the motivation to read some scientific papers amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.

Statistics are supposed to be logically driven and applied in general practice; some people do not get this. Statistics of mortality caused by seasonal flu in a span of 90 years cannot be [should not be] compared to statistics of mortality caused by the latest SARS-CoV-2 strain in a span of 2 months; this is logically fallacy.

If you wish to see a comparison of sorts (premature): https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/26/cor...eres-how-it-stacks-up-to-other-pandemics.html

I have given sufficient pointers to members of this forum in this thread [in good faith] on the basis of my recent readings due to absolutely serious nature of what I term as the CORONA PHENOMENON plaguing the entire world since 2002. However, I do not wish to be dragged into politics over the latest COVID-19 outbreak, and therefore leave this topic to your better judgement and that of others at this point.

I completely understand that state-imposed lock-down(s) have affected many lives around the world at present (mine as well), and these lock-downs might not be sustainable in the long-term. I also understand your personal reservations about the calls for the so-called NEW WORLD ORDER as apparent from your previous post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/scie...rigins-of-coronaviruses.660707/#post-12221025

My take is that WE might have to change [our] lifestyle(s) to certain extent to better cope with the CORONA PHENOMENON affecting humanity since 2002 due to significant leap in its intensity as of late, and more outbreaks are expected in the future. People will have to come to terms with this new reality sooner or later. There are bigger forces at play in this world than mankind - I hope people realize and consider revisiting their imaan.

Stay safe and take care of yourself and your family. Best wishes.
Where are the vaccine for the older strains ?Shelved! Even if we suppose many of the present-day pneumonia deaths are happening due the older corona (non covid19) strains , it doesnt justify bringing the world to a halt.Instead you create vaccines quitely and role them out to countries that are serious about them.End of Story..those who are not serious you cant spoonfeed them.Here it looks like every country is being made to buy a vaccine by creating a fear.what happens if the vaccine fails to get developed in due time, how would that impact the world? Unfortunately in area of global health there is always a factor of collateral damage.Some people die till a cure is available..others die due to negligence of their govt.

Anyways it was nice touchbasing here on this with you on the political perspective and i would let this thread not lose its scientific theme due to my ramblings.Same to you ..stay safe and take care..

Bats are just filthy and ancient creatures that harbour all sorts of mischief which they're able to fight off immunologically thanks to millennia of evolution. Covid19 is a zoonotic infection of man, hence it spreads from animals to humans - human immune systems simply weren't ready for it. RNA viruses mutate a heck of a lot too.

That's negating your self. I simplify my arguments .

1) if Bats immune system was strong they wouldn't be carrying this virus for so long. Even scientists think bat don't have good immune system but better cell demage control. So this virus will not hurt bats at all.

2) My main argument is these viruses has very basic strategy. As per evolution biologic, this would initial strategy adoption by any acient single cellular microbe (virus or bacteria) for survival. So how such thing remain unnoticed by human immune system for so long.

3) Mutations most of the times only bring complexity to the system, rather then simplification. This simplification is only possible if this all happens unnoticeable to the system (Living beings). That's why I think it happened in Lab rather then with in the system. Where all humans bats and other mammals are part of it.

PS: even as per my research, the initial virus which started in Wuhan and then spread in South Korea, Japan was different and much weak (probably already defeated). Second wave which started in Italy is different version of virus (or atleast different alteration).

LEGEND

SARS-CoV-2 = COVID-19 outbreak

In view of following revelations:-

Most NYC Covid-19 Cases Came From Europe, Genome Researchers Say

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...cases-came-from-europe-genome-researchers-say

The hunt for patient zero: Where did the coronavirus outbreak start?

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...the-coronavirus-outbreak-start/#ixzz6J7vZ8Df9

- I decided to review ongoing scientific work, and I have some observations to share.

Scientific research have narrowed down to horseshoe bats as being chief carriers and transmitters of coronaviruses worldwide, and coronaviruses have recombinogenic properties which are not apparent in other types of viruses:

Evolutionary origins of the SARS‐CoV‐2 sarbecovirus lineage responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic

Abstract

There are outstanding evolutionary questions on the recent emergence of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2/hCoV-19 in Hubei province that caused the COVID-19 pandemic, including (1) the relationship of the new virus to the SARS-related coronaviruses, (2) the role of bats as a reservoir species, (3) the potential role of other mammals in the emergence event, and (4) the role of recombination in viral emergence. Here, we address these questions and find that the sarbecoviruses – the viral subgenus responsible for the emergence of SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 – exhibit frequent recombination, but the SARS-CoV-2 lineage itself is not a recombinant of any viruses detected to date. In order to employ phylogenetic methods to date the divergence events between SARS-CoV-2 and the bat sarbecovirus reservoir, recombinant regions of a 68-genome sarbecovirus alignment were removed with three independent methods. Bayesian evolutionary rate and divergence date estimates were consistent for all three recombination-free alignments and robust to two different prior specifications based on HCoV-OC43 and MERS-CoV evolutionary rates. Divergence dates between SARS-CoV-2 and the bat sarbecovirus reservoir were estimated as 1948 (95% HPD: 1879-1999), 1969 (95% HPD: 1930-2000), and 1982 (95% HPD: 1948-2009). Despite intensified characterization of sarbecoviruses since SARS, the lineage giving rise to SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating unnoticed for decades in bats and been transmitted to other hosts such as pangolins. The occurrence of a third significant coronavirus emergence in 17 years together with the high prevalence and virus diversity in bats implies that these viruses are likely to cross species boundaries again.

In Brief

The Betacoronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the sarbecovirus subgenus which shows frequent recombination in its evolutionary history. We characterize the extent of this genetic exchange and identify non-recombining regions of the sarbecovirus genome using three independent methods to remove the effects of recombination. Using these non-recombining genome regions and prior information on coronavirus evolutionary rates, we obtain estimates from three approaches that the most likely divergence date of SARS-CoV-2 from its most closely related available bat sequences ranges from 1948 to 1982.

Key Points

• RaTG13 is the closest available bat virus to SARS-CoV-2; a sub-lineage of these bat viruses is able to infect humans. Two sister lineages of the RaTG13/SARS-CoV-2 lineage infect Malayan pangolins.

• The sarbecoviruses show a pattern of deep recombination events, indicating that there are high levels of co-infection in horseshoe bats and that the viral pool can generate novel allele combinations and substantial genetic diversity; the sarbecoviruses are efficient ‘explorers’ of phenotype space.

• The SARS-CoV-2 lineage is not a recent recombinant, at least not involving any of the bat or pangolin viruses sampled to date.

• Non-recombinant regions of the sarbecoviruses can be identified, allowing for phylogenetic inference and dating to be performed. We constructed three such regions using different methods.

• We estimate that RaTG13 and SARS-CoV-2 diverged 40 to 70 years ago. There is a diverse unsampled reservoir of generalist viruses established in horseshoe bats.

• While an intermediate host responsible for the zoonotic event cannot be ruled out, the relevant evolution for spillover to humans very likely occurred in horseshoe bats.

Full read in the following link: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2020/03/31/2020.03.30.015008.full.pdf (PDF format)

The aforementioned findings motivate a look at the global distribution of horseshoe bats and genome sequences:

viruses-11-00174-g001-550.jpg
(1)

Figure 1. Maximum-likelihood phylogeny based on the complete genome sequences of 17 bat CoV species released by ICTV in 2018. A general time-reversible model of nucleotide substitution with estimated base frequencies, the proportion of invariant sites, and the γ distribution of rates across sites were used in the maximum-likelihood analysis. Bootstrap values are shown next to the branches. The scale bar indicates the number of nucleotide substitutions per site. Different colors represent different genera. Red, Alphacoronavirus; blue, Betacoronavirus. Updated subgenera clusters are labelled Setracovirus, Myotacovirus, Rhinacovirus, Colacovirus, Pedacovirus, Decacovirus, Minunacovirus, Nyctacovirus for the Alphacoronavirus and Nobecovirus, Hibecovirus, Sarbecovirus, Merbecovirus for the Betacoronavirus.

viruses-11-00174-g002.png
(2)

Figure 2. Geographical distribution of bat CoVs from the genera Alphacoronavirus and Betacoronavirus. Each colored region represents the country which reported the discovery of bat CoV. Red regions represent the countries which discovered bat Alphacoornavirus. Green regions represent the countries which discovered bat Betacoronavirus. Red-green striped regions represent the countries which discovered both bat Alphacoronavirus and Betacoronavirus.

viruses-11-00174-g003-550.jpg
(3)

Figure 3. Pie chart showing the relative detection rate of different bat CoVs from different subgenera of Alphacoronavirus and Betacoronavirus in Hong Kong from 2008 to 2017. The potential zoonotic transmission routes of each sub-genus of bat CoV detected are shown. Unclassified Alphacoronavirus represents those without complete genome sequences or genome characterization. Red color represents the sub-genera from Alphacoronavirus; Blue color represents the sub-genera from Betacoronavirus.

viruses-11-00174-g004.png
(4)

Figure 4. Geographical distribution of different horseshoe bats which were discovered to carry SARS-like BatCoV [114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125]. Each colored rectangular box represents the geographical distribution of a specific horseshoe bat species respectively: red box, Rhinolophus affinis; orange box, Rhinolophus blasii; yellow box, Rhinolophus euryale; green box, Rhinolophus ferrumequinum; turquoise box, Rhinolophus hildebrantii; indigo box, Rhinolophus hipposideros; purple box, Rhinolophus macrotis; brown box, Rhinolophus mehelyi; pink box, Rhinolophus pearsonii; gold box, Rhinolophus pusillus; blue-gray box, Rhinolophus rex; black box, Rhinolophus sinicus; lime box, Rhinolophus thomasi. Orange circle represents Yunnan Province; Red circle represents the origin of SARS & SADS outbreaks.

viruses-11-00174-g005.png
(5)

Figure 5. Geographical distribution of bat CoVs from the genus Betacoronavirus. Each colored region represents the country which reported the discovery of bat CoV from different sub-genera. Navy-blue regions represent the countries which discovered bat CoVs from Sarbecovirus. Yellow regions represent the countries which discovered bat CoVs from Merbecovirus. Purple regions represent the countries which discovered bat CoVs from Nobecovirus.

Aforementioned images (1)(2)(3)(4)(5) taken from the following study:

Global Epidemiology of Bat Coronaviruses

Abstract

Bats are a unique group of mammals of the order Chiroptera. They are highly diversified and are the group of mammals with the second largest number of species. Such highly diversified cell types and receptors facilitate them to be potential hosts of a large variety of viruses. Bats are the only group of mammals capable of sustained flight, which enables them to disseminate the viruses they harbor and enhance the chance of interspecies transmission. This article aims at reviewing the various aspects of the global epidemiology of bat coronaviruses (CoVs). Before the SARS epidemic, bats were not known to be hosts for CoVs. In the last 15 years, bats have been found to be hosts of >30 CoVs with complete genomes sequenced, and many more if those without genome sequences are included. Among the four CoV genera, only alphaCoVs and betaCoVs have been found in bats. As a whole, both alphaCoVs and betaCoVs have been detected from bats in Asia, Europe, Africa, North and South America and Australasia; but alphaCoVs seem to be more widespread than betaCoVs, and their detection rate is also higher. For betaCoVs, only those from subgenera Sarbecovirus, Merbecovirus, Nobecovirus and Hibecovirus have been detected in bats. Most notably, horseshoe bats are the reservoir of SARS-CoV, and several betaCoVs from subgenus Merbecovirus are closely related to MERS-CoV. In addition to the interactions among various bat species themselves, bat–animal and bat–human interactions, such as the presence of live bats in wildlife wet markets and restaurants in Southern China, are important for interspecies transmission of CoVs and may lead to devastating global outbreaks.

Full read in the following link: https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/11/2/174

---

In light of the above, it make sense to retrace PATIENT ZERO in every country: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-patient-zero/

This information is useful to those who are looking forward to help combating COVID-19 outbreak and/or already involved in any capacity, and will also help quell affiliated conspiracy theories floating around in this forum and elsewhere. At minimum, this information will contribute to knowledge of people.

Regards and take care.
Location of Horseshoe Bat Coronavruses

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.32.50 AM.jpg

I don't see the US highlighted in these 3 maps..but as Trump would say:
"China...China...China"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_bat

in fact, have little genetic divergence from previously recognized taxa. They are found in the Old World, mostly in tropical or subtropical areas, including Africa, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.

1) if Bats immune system was strong they wouldn't be carrying this virus for so long.
A virus can be carried and not produce symptoms, even in humans. It still produces an immune response, which suppresses but doesn't eradicate it. HIV, rabies...all sorts of viruses exist in such a way.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom