What's new

Save tribals...oppose Vedanta!

Ras

Reaction score
What is happening with this company is an absolute outrage. Now the PMO has directly given authorization to mine the Niyamgiri mines.

Vedanta's controversial mine gets backing of India's PM

Indian and the international NGO's should join hands and follow the lead of the Church of England and Norway to force them not to destroy tribal lands.

Remember the mining company will leave once the mine is empty but the land will be a wasteland for thousands of years.

What is happening with this company is an absolute outrage. Now the PMO has directly given authorization to mine the Niyamgiri mines.

Indian and the international NGO's should join hands and follow the lead of the Church of England and Norway to force them not to destroy tribal lands.

Remember the mining company will leave once the mine is empty but the land will be a wasteland for thousands of years.
Nothing will ever change if this mine is not going to be constructed. The human rights are ot one place where development has other.

There is a resolution also passed that they will be relocated to another place once this happens.

Why should we follow Church of England and Norway?

Nothing will ever change if this mine is not going to be constructed. The human rights are ot one place where development has other.

There is a resolution also passed that they will be relocated to another place once this happens.

Why should they be relocated from their home for a thousand years...so that some London based Aluminum company gets rich and "development" in cities. Then you wonder why the Naxals are getting stronger?

Why should we follow Church of England and Norway?

Because the Indian govt is doing squat to save the culture and life of fellow Indians.

Pretty shameful that non-Indians are more worried about the Indian tribals than the Indians themselves.

India Forms New Panel to Study Proposed Vedanta Mine

June 30 (Bloomberg) -- India’s government formed a new panel to investigate the potential impact of mining on local tribes and wildlife in the eastern state of Orissa, where Vedanta Resources Plc hopes to develop bauxite reserves.

The four-member committee will further examine the “specific impact on the livelihood, culture and material welfare” of a tribal group living in the area and the region’s biodiversity, the Ministry of Environment and Forests said in a statement in New Delhi.

Vedanta’s proposal to mine in the Niyamgiri hills in Orissa has been delayed for more than four years by opposition from tribal communities and concerns about possible long-term damage to the environment. The company is awaiting government approval to begin mining.

Vedanta officials in India were not immediately available for comment.

Prime Minister’s Manmohan Singh’s office has asked the environment ministry to clear the mining project after a panel of experts examines the plan, the Economic Times reported yesterday, citing an unidentified government official.

The company’s unit, Vedanta Aluminium Ltd., plans to use bauxite from the proposed mine to run its alumina refinery in that region. The mine will help Vedanta Aluminium, which produced 762,000 metric tons of alumina in the year ended March 31, reduce its raw material costs. Aluminum is made from alumina refined from bauxite.

The panel will review all previous reports relating to the use of forest land for mining in the Orissa districts of Kalahandi and Rayagada, the statement said. The committee will give its findings within 30 days of its formation.

India Forms New Panel to Study Proposed Vedanta Mine - BusinessWeek

Why should they be relocated from their home for a thousand years...so that some London based Aluminum company gets rich and "development" in cities. Then you wonder why the Naxals are getting stronger?
Vendanta is not a London based alluminium company, its a very much a company of Odisha. Its just based in London..

Listen, I will support only one part of argument, that why Naxals are getting stronger. But I ask you to consider this..

There are other poors and a billion people who are below poverty line who will get benifited by this deal..

considering only a million of naxals and scrapping this deal will not help the other billions.

It will be rediculous to ignore the other for a bunch of naxals....

Because the Indian govt is doing squat to save the culture and life of fellow Indians.

Pretty shameful that non-Indians are more worried about the Indian tribals than the Indians themselves.

Non Indians are never worried abt the poor, if you are worried then come join us..If not then stop worrying. We have great minds working behind this.

I have already answered this in previous post.

Agarwal's interview with NDTV. The guys arrogance is incredible.Remember the guy is a millionaire who lives in London and he is painting himself as a patriot trying to make India rich.Obviously it does not matter to him if he destroys forests and makes the land unusable for hundreds of years as long as he makes money.Why would he care after all he lives in London?

Vedanta going ahead with Orissa project: Anil Agarwal - NDTV Profit

Vendanta is not a London based alluminium company, its a very much a company of Odisha. Its just based in London..

Listen, I will support only one part of argument, that why Naxals are getting stronger. But I ask you to consider this..

There are other poors and a billion people who are below poverty line who will get benifited by this deal..

considering only a million of naxals and scrapping this deal will not help the other billions.

It will be rediculous to ignore the other for a bunch of naxals....

Billions?...I thought India's population was only 1.2 billion.

Every Indian national has the same rights...do they not?

I was modest enough to say it in billions, of you say billion are poor in India and it doesnt matter.

I will agree that every national has same right, but if one national blocks the right of other national then what????...

U are an American citizen who knows whats democracy, explain me what must happen to the arm twister?.

culture and life??stop the crap..and the so called church let them save their culture by baptising them rite??
Non indians like church of the gutters and all are only interested in increasing the head count of christians in asia..

And by the way these all churches were involved in massacare of lakhs and lakhs of ppl all over india,africa and Australia in the name of civilizing them whats ur thought on it??
_ | _ off

Same as every american native had..but did u followers of the christ care??Eating a roasted turkey and saying thanks to the lakhs u massacared ill get them rid of their pains isnt it??

Curch of England? Norway?? lol :lol:

What this BS doing in a defence section? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom