What's new

Saudia Taxes Low income Pakistanis and Indians

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Saudi tax measures to trim Pakistan’s remittances

**NOTE IT IS NO SECRET THAT SAUDI SALARIES AND GULF ESTATE SALARIES HAVE BEEN HISTORIC LOWS , jobs that should have paid 10,000 Saudi Riyals were paid just 2500 riyals and exploitation of many people from Pakistan , India , Bangladesh .. now Taxes have been imposed
on low income workers

Talk about GREED

While nations who do Tax workers , in USA or Canada have treaties where tax money is returned to 3rd party countries no such meassure is there with Pakistan

More money for Arab princes to spend on Football clubs in England I suppose

KARACHI: The latest decision of the government of Saudi Arabia regarding imposition of tax on the earnings of non-Saudi workers may have an impact of $370 million on remittances inflows to Pakistan, said analysts on Thursday.

There would be no immediate impact on inflows of remittances to Pakistan in FY13, however, it is estimated that the impact would reach $370 million in the following year, said Abdul Azeem, an analyst at InvestCap Research.

According to the Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment (BEOE), Saudi Arabia has become the largest market for Pakistani workers in the world.

Remittances from the Kingdom grew by 10-year compound annual growth rate of 24 percent and reached $3.7 billion in FY12. The imposition of tax on non-Saudis hints that immediate impact on remittances flow may not be very significant unless all the stakeholders (foreign companies in Saudi Arabia) reach any consciences, said the analyst. Last month, The Saudi Arabian government announced that Saudi Arabia-based private sector companies that employ more foreigners than Saudi nationals will have to pay 200 riyals or $52 a month for excess of each non-Saudi.

The measure aims at helping provide Saudi nationals with more employment opportunities.

There are more than 1.5 million Pakistanis working in Saudi Arabia and the number is consistently increasing, said analyst, adding that the decision would directly impact the remittances to the parent country, ie, Pakistan.

Around 80 percent of Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia earn less than 2,500 riyals per month and, under the new tax regime, they would have to bear more than 10 percent negative impact on their earnings, which resultantly will hurt their ability to remit funds.

“If we take $3.8 billion as proxy for FY13, then during the aforementioned period the estimated decline in the amount to be remitted from Saudi Arabia settles at $184 million,” said analyst.

Example of Wage Theft in Saudia and Gulf companies :

Western Civilization , construction workers can make 42000 - 60,000 Dollars, so they Pay taxes

Western Civilization , doctors can make 100,000 - 160,000 Dollars, so they Pay taxes

Western Civilizations , engineers can make 80,000 Dollars so they pay taxes

What does Saudia pays to expatriots ? .... 7,000-10,000 USD / year barely enough to survive and now taxation on top of that MODERN AGE SLAVERY

For this low income Pakistanis have to endure

** Harasment at Airports
** Harasment from their ~Sponsor in Saudia who keeps their Travel Documents
** They have to rent out appartment and buy food themselves from the money
** Send their kids to schools as Saudi Schools do not allow forigners
** No university access to the poor expatriots children
** No Citizenship .. talk about Upper class and racial superiority complex
** Not to mention paying Airport fees, Renewal fees , Iqama fees etc all from pockets

AND NO RETIREMENT support even when they are paid low and taxed!!!

A true Modern Age Salves

hebrew_slaves252812529.jpg

I think its enough disclosure.. now Hina Khar shall cancel her visit. :(

The tax is On private companies not on individuals whether pakistani or bangali. They have not taxed people working in govt jobs like my father.

They knpw tht we peoples dont pay taxes in our countries.....but americans & westerners pay taxes in their own countries with honesty.

I will see how Saudis can ever do the jobs these Indians,pakistanis abd bengalis do...

Pakistanis, indians and Bangladeshis are not forced to work in Saudi Arabia.

KARACHI:
Overseas Pakistanis remitted an amount of $5.982 billion in the first five months of the current fiscal year 2012-13, showing a growth of 14.16% or $742.05 million when compared with $5.240 billion influx during the corresponding period of the previous fiscal year.

477932-graphsourcestatebankofpakistan-1355167962-508-640x480.JPG

Remittances grow 14% in first five months of fiscal 2013

Pakistanis, indians and Bangladeshis are not forced to work in Saudi Arabia.

KARACHI:
Overseas Pakistanis remitted an amount of $5.982 billion in the first five months of the current fiscal year 2012-13, showing a growth of 14.16% or $742.05 million when compared with $5.240 billion influx during the corresponding period of the previous fiscal year.

477932-graphsourcestatebankofpakistan-1355167962-508-640x480.JPG

Lets start from 1974 - 2012 = 38 years , every year SAUDIs stole at leat 10 billion dollars from expats of Indian or Pakistani Origion

10 Billion x 38 = 38 Billion Dollar of Unpaid labour wages and many times the labours are asked to work 12 hour shifts against world standar of 8 hour shifts ....

I think in case of war , probbly the `MONEY` should be recollected from International courts for unpaid dues

Remittances grow 14% in first five months of fiscal 2013

If Pakistanis were paid Salaries according to world standard , the inflow would be 30 Billion - 70 billion multi play that number by 30 years that nationals have worked for low salaries .. Dollars we are doing these countries a favor

Should be close to Trillion dollar of `FREEE LABOUR`

I recall that Corporations like Bin Ladin Corp etc and others used to hire Thousands and Thousands of workers from Bangladesh , Pakistan - India an cram them up in bad appartments sometimes 8 workers in room space for 2 people...

There are some serious unpaid dues by Saudi government

If Pakistanis were paid Salaries according to world standard , the inflow would be 30 Billion - 70 billion multi play that number by 30 years that nationals have worked for low salaries .. Dollars we are doing these countries a favor

Should be close to Trillion dollar of `FREEE LABOUR`

you are not doing anyone any favor. you don't like leave it. you are not forced are you ?

lol I already have , Make 10 times more then any Saudi , my parents asked me to look work in Gulf I told them never I would never serve a Saudi warlord or work in a country where they have Classes for Citizens

lol I already have , Make 10 times more then any Saudi , my parents asked me to look work in Gulf I told them never I would never serve a Saudi warlord or work in a country where they have Classes for Citizens

most of the Pakistanis who works in Saudi Arabia have no decent education. the jobs they are holding are basic jobs e.g constructions, salesmen and so on... I myself have worked in King Fahd Medical City side by side with my pakistanis colleagues who gets paid more than me :blink:. the bottom line is that high level of education= high amount of salary.

Back
Top Bottom