What's new

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

I don't think the US government would be brave enough to cover up something like this. If they had covered up Saudi involvement then the Bush administration would have fallen immediately.
It's probably nothing more than some lower ranking princes contributing money.

Saudi Arabia does not owe anything to anyone, rouge group was leftover from Communism vs Capitalism cold war

Nor do any other country of world owe anything
Apart from respectful diplomatic ties

Such cases will further discredit US's ability to receive future funding in investment and Economic gains, Most financial investors will simply move their assets out of USA who is starting to show signs of panic

What is this about? Does anyone here really believe that KSA was behind 9/11? What benefits would such an absurd action exactly give KSA?

9/11 was followed by the catastrophic invasion of Iraq which was totally against the interests of KSA as a state.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2773759.stm

OBL who was half Yemeni and half Syrian was stripped off his Saudi Arabian citizenship in 1994.

OBL, Al-Qaeda and Taliban would not even be relevant today had it not been for American involvement in Afghanistan during the Soviet-Afghan war. A conflict where Pakistan, ISI and Zia-ul-Haq were absolutely crucial as a neighboring state. KSA, being in the American camp, was more or less forced to support the US in that endeavor and did so by supporting the Mujahideen financially (which almost every Muslim state with money did, including Western powers other than the US) who were deemed as freedom fighters back then by the entire West because it suited their interests as they fought against their worst enemy - the Soviet Union. Not only that numerous Saudi Arabian individuals, other Arabs and Muslims across the world joined that conflict. A conflict that had nothing to do with KSA and which only had grave consequences for the society in KSA and later gave increased power to the clergy back home. I wish that we (our leadership) had never involved ourselves in that hopeless part of the world. It was a fatal mistake.

Anyway supposed KSA support for 9/11 has already been dismissed in American courts. This is just an attempt to extract money from KSA which will not succeed. USA would have acted long ago against KSA if it was really involved.

Even if we theoretically assume that 1 out of the 15.000 or so House of Saud members were somehow involved in 9/11, that can never be the fault of KSA as a state let alone ordinary Saudi Arabians.

Anyway the same US has committed hundreds of 9/11 since WW2 ended so if anything countries like Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. could demand trillions from the US due to their numerous war crimes and illegal actions. Of course that is never going to happen as this is not how the world works like.

Lastly KSA has excellent ties with all world powers, except Russia, although there is even cooperation on this front, all European, Arab and Muslim powers. If the US "abandons" KSA it will be their lose. I am sure that China, who are our biggest trading partner, will want to replace the US as a key ally. Remember what happened in the 1980's vis-á-vis KSA and China? The relationship is much stronger than people believe or can imagine. However I do not believe that it is in the interests of either KSA or USA to cut ties (why should that occur)?

KSA is one of the most powerful, wealthy, biggest and influential states on the planet. This is not the 1950's anymore. Nor is any sane power ever going to invade KSA as that would cause mayhem among the 1.6 billion Muslims. Imagine a foreign power (non-Muslim moreover) occupying Makkah and Madinah. Iraq and Afghanistan (wars that the US did not succeed at if we look at those wars from a full perspective) will look like a picnic trip in comparison. Not to mention the huge size of KSA, geography, climate and the fierce opposition any invader would be met by. ISIS would look like school boys in comparison as well. There is a reason why no foreign power from ancient times to modern times have tried (those who tried failed) to engulf themselves in such a hopeless "project". But we will invite any such fools to try. KSA is no Iraq, Libya, Syria or Afghanistan.

Pretty much sums it up. It is an absolutely ridiculous idea that KSA or ANY other country's leadership would want the 9/11 blame to be on them. There is nothing to gain and everything to lose. Similar theory floating around about 'Pakistan harboring Bin Laden'?!! Internet is rife with all kinds of rumors about JFK, Elvis, Area 51... Come on guys: 'The X Files' was fiction.
This KSA-9/11 nexus is one more of rumors--probably by greedy people or grieving families to for money or revenge, respectively.

Not all hijackers were from Saudi Arabia , only 15 out of 19 !

Were those hijackers Saudi royal guests? If not it means nothing in a real court of law, I hope you're mature enough to understand that.

Were those hijackers Saudi royal guests? If not it means nothing in a real court of law, I hope you're mature enough to understand that.

I was just trying to say that's a considerable potential for a country with 20 millions .

Nothing else .

I was just trying to say that's a considerable potential for a country with 20 millions .

Nothing else .

We understand what you were trying to say. This is the kind of language bigots like trump use.

West opinion about saudis:
%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%20%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%B7%D9%86%D8%AA%DB%8C.jpg

Despite being a sovereign country, still a very bold move by Saudi Arabia, ..consequences could be tough.

Not all hijackers were from Saudi Arabia , only 15 out of 19 !
:usflag: does that disqualify KSA?

in case of KSA pursue and activate her threat, she will be turned into a wasteland, and sent back to the empty quarter where all began. Saddam, also thought that Allah sabhanou, will protect him against the US... well look at the results, 1,5 million Iraqi's lost their life, a country 90% destroyed with the Iraqi society fiber shredded beyond repair..

West opinion about saudis:
%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%20%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%B7%D9%86%D8%AA%DB%8C.jpg
That exactly what they are..

Yes, and certain royals . as Bendar Bush, his wife, and high soudi official were directly implicated in helping those terrorists navigate in the US. How do you explain a guy that doesnot speak any english,barely literate, has never been to the US, travel trough airport and highway without getting lost..?

Bullshit..Iran didn't have a freaking things to do with 9/11 and the case will be easily overturned. 9/11 is Saudi, Egyptian, Yemeni and Jordanians..The Sauds played a major role in bankrolling and assisting those terrorists..Point Barre!

i would have titled it money smuggler king but this will do nicely. All that Saudi PR down the drain lmao

And the Saudis spend a lot of money on PR, and lobbyists, in the US, second only to Israel. Not as effective, but they still get results.

nice, Saudi wahhabi terror ties to 9/11 finally move from the realm of conspiracy theory to mainstream politics.

I don't think there has been any doubt about Saudi wahhabi terror links to 9/11. The conspiracy theory is the involvement of the Saudi government in its official capacity. Even just a member of the Saudi royal family being implicated would be very damaging.

The Saudis though are very very strict when it comes to counter-terrorism, because these Wahabbis we are talking about are also a threat to their regime.

If evidence comes out that the Saudi government bent the knee to them on 9/11 to appease them, all bets are off on Foreign policy relations.

Pretty much sums it up. It is an absolutely ridiculous idea that KSA or ANY other country's leadership would want the 9/11 blame to be on them. There is nothing to gain and everything to lose. Similar theory floating around about 'Pakistan harboring Bin Laden'?!! Internet is rife with all kinds of rumors about JFK, Elvis, Area 51... Come on guys: 'The X Files' was fiction.
This KSA-9/11 nexus is one more of rumors--probably by greedy people or grieving families to for money or revenge, respectively.

Absolutely. They cannot prove such a ridiculous accusation.

You should watch this excellent documentary about 9/11 and what lead to it.

Another 3.5 half hour long documentary (most in depth about the 9/11 to date) in Arabic as well.

To be honest with you, I have a hard time accepting the full official story and I find it "amazing" that the CIA (most powerful organization of its kind) knew nothing. What followed after 9/11 has also perfectly suited Israel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom