What's new

Saudi Arabia to evaluate Indian Kalyani Group howitzers

They just revealed it Janab. Indian Army is also going to do trials soon.

They also "revealed" and "trialed" TEJAS. What happened there? They can reveal whatever but the fact is that their defense industry JVs with private sector are filled with corruption.

They also "revealed" and "trialed" TEJAS. What happened there? They can reveal whatever but the fact is that their defense industry JVs with private sector are filled with corruption.
TEJAS is made by their Government organisation and HAL sucks and all of Indian Government organisations suck. But this is made by private company owned by a billionaire Indias private giants entering defence sector is dam good for India and really bad for us

TEJAS is made by their Government organisation and HAL sucks and all of Indian Government organisations suck. But this is made by private company owned by a billionaire Indias private giants entering defence sector is dam good for India and really bad for us

Dude, I know this. But you still are not grasping what I am saying. I urge you to get your head around this and try to understand the main reason behind this. Do you even know how Indian private defence industry works?? Plenty of Government-Private defence projects in india have "parasitic" relationships between the government and private industry. The private industry only starts a project when it knows it has the Indian government grants/funding. And this is where both pocket money. Below is an extract in green below from the Indian 'Ministry of Defence'.

https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1579736

An innovation ecosystem for Defence titled Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) has been launched in April, 2018. iDEX is aimed at creation of an ecosystem to foster innovation and technology development in Defence and Aerospace by engaging Industries including MSMEs, Start-ups, Individual Innovators, R&D institutes and Academia and provide them grants/funding and other support to carry out R&D which has potential for future adoption for Indian defence and aerospace needs.

Dude, I know this. But you still are not grasping what I am saying. I urge you to get your head around this and try to understand the main reason behind this. Do you even know how Indian private defence industry works?? Plenty of Government-Private defence projects in india have "parasitic" relationships between the government and private industry. The private industry only starts a project when it knows it has the Indian government grants/funding. And this is where both pocket money. Below is an extract in green below from the Indian 'Ministry of Defence'.

https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1579736

An innovation ecosystem for Defence titled Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) has been launched in April, 2018. iDEX is aimed at creation of an ecosystem to foster innovation and technology development in Defence and Aerospace by engaging Industries including MSMEs, Start-ups, Individual Innovators, R&D institutes and Academia and provide them grants/funding and other support to carry out R&D which has potential for future adoption for Indian defence and aerospace needs.
Private guys are just entering and I know how they run any business I won't be surprised that Kalyani group has a guy working on this project who was also part of design and making M-777 of some other successful Artillery Gun around the world. Indian businesses are spread around the world for a reason. Indian Governments sucks but not their private tycoons. They are dam good.

Initial small steps will pay rich dividends in future. Good to see Bharat Forge enter into the defence industry.

Baba Kalyani
062-Baba%20Kalyani.jpg

Baba Kalyani
Vikah Khot
At a Glance
  • Earnings
    $1040 Million
  • Source of earnings
    Forgings
  • Marital Status
    Married
  • Children
  • Residence
    Pune
Forbes India Lists
#62 India Rich List 2013

MIT engineer Baba Kalyani controls Bharat Forge, Graduate of IIT and masters in engineering from MIT

Saudi Arabia is looking for transfer of technology.. anywhere it can.. as long as it is a good system.. that is why it will test first.. and If it is good and India is willing to transfer most of its technology to be made in KSA.. why not..

Have literally no idea when exports can rise when armed forces don't have budget to buy stuff. Without govt buying their designed stuff they won't invest in further r&d. Or else they have to sell designs to Saudi to stay relevant and in future Saudis might even sell an derived howitzer back to india.
Mku was a good firm which won orders from foreign armed forces before IA placed it's orders. Such is the state that private companies have to prove.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom