What's new

Saudi Arabia reports five more Mers deaths

I noticed when Iranian club was playing Saudi club in ACL, I saw a lot of masks among the Saudi spectators, to avoid infection.

I wonder how serious it is.

I noticed when Iranian club was playing Saudi club in ACL, I saw a lot of masks among the Saudi spectators, to avoid infection.

I wonder how serious it is.

Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the doctor here!

2348210501.jpg

Anyway from what I gather viral respiratory illness can be quit dangerous but I don't expect any major lethal epidemic.

Well just to tease you a bit. 3 out of 4 Saudi Arabian teams qualified for the round of 16 while 1 out of 4 Iranian teams did that.

2014 AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the doctor here!

2348210501.jpg

Anyway from what I gather viral respiratory illness can be quit dangerous but I don't expect any major lethal epidemic.

Well just to tease you a bit. 3 out of 4 Saudi Arabian teams qualified for the round of 16 while 1 out of 4 Iranian teams did that.

2014 AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

Just to tease you a bit, one Iran national team qualified to what is going to be the biggest sporting event in the world in the most football crazy country, and zero Saudi national team qualified. :D

Just to tease you a bit, one Iran national team qualified to what is going to be the biggest sporting event in the world in the most football crazy country, and zero Saudi national team qualified. :D

Well, KSA's national team had it's weakest period from 2007 until 2013. Anyway now you are even in WC participations (4). Let's see if you can do what KSA did in 1994 and advance from the group stages for the first time. It would be cool if a ME country impressed. :D Anyway there has been a lot of bad publicity about Brazil hosting it and them not being ready. Already one host city got their bid taken from them because they could not finish the station on time, LOL.

Don't miss Bayern München - Real Madrid tomorrow you little bastard. :lol:

Anyway to stay on topic. What's your take on this MERS virus as a person studying medicine?

Well, KSA's national team had it's weakest period from 2007 until 2013. Anyway now you are even in WC participations (4). Let's see if you can do what KSA did in 1994 and advance from the group stages for the first time. It would be cool if a ME country impressed. :D Anyway there has been a lot of bad publicity about Brazil hosting it and them not being ready. Already one host city got their bid taken from them because they could not finish the station on time, LOL.

Anyway to stay on topic. What's your take on this MERS virus as a person studying medicine?

To be honest I dont think Iran will qualify to the round of 16. Argentina is guaranteed loss. I fear we will end up last.
Nigeria is a very strong fast-paced and physical African team. We lost even to Guinea at home 1-2 so we definately have difficulties with African teams.
Bosnia have emerged as a strong European side with several players in the most competetive European leagues. Like Dzeko (Manchester City), Pjanic (Roma) and Kolanicac etc.
Their squad is packed with Europe-based players.
The biggest problem has been several internal issues in our national team. Established and important players that have gotten kicked out because of ego and disciplinary issues. For example Rahmati who got kicked out by Carlos Quieroz. He was our best goalkeeper, now we have only shaky alternatives. Plus our preparation plans have been met with several cancellations.

The team is now in South Africa in training camp, which is the first time since have held a training camp since we qualified in June. And please dont laugh, but the squad that went initially consisted of only 10 players! The rest did not get released from their clubs and the federation did nothing to help either.
Needless to say, things are not boading well for Iran at the World Cup

Dont know much about the MERS virus. I know a little about something called SARS. Its also a respiratory disease caused by a virus. It causes influenza like symptoms. The mortality is pretty low. SLightly higher risk of mortality for older people.
I guess MERS is a different strain of the same virus.

Whops, I talked mostly about football. Sorry, but thats what really interests me. :D

@ResurgentIran

To be honest with you then I don't follow ME football that much. I can't even name the preferred 11 of KSA, LOL. Let alone that of Iran or other ME countries. But since I am madly interested in football (maybe overreacting a little bit but I guess this is normal for ME people) I know most of what is going on in the top leagues of Europe.

I noticed 1 Iranian player for Fulham. I think that he is your best player.

Ashkan Dejagah

Yes for such a small country (Bosnia - how many people are they again - 3 million or so) it is very impressive. But then again all the former Yugoslav national teams have great players. Just look at a tiny country like Montenegro. They have Jovetic, Vucinic, Savic etc. Imagine if Yugoslavia still existed and many of the migrants that now play for other national teams (Ibrahimovic etc.) would have played for Yugoslavia!

Just play the Chelsea way. Park two or three buses in front of goal and play on the counter. Every team can beat the other team on this level with such tactics. Primitive or not but they work often.

n1xoom.jpg

Gerrard. :lol:

@ResurgentIran

To be honest with you then I don't follow ME football that much. I can't even name the preferred 11 of KSA, LOL. Let alone that of Iran or other ME countries. But since I am madly interested in football (maybe overreacting a little bit but I guess this is normal for ME people) I know most of what is going on in the top leagues of Europe.

I noticed 1 Iranian player for Fulham. I think that he is your best player.

Ashkan Dejagah

Yes for such a small country (Bosnia - how many people are they again - 3 million or so) it is very impressive. But then again all the former Yugoslav national teams have great players. Just look at a tiny country like Montenegro. They have Jovetic, Vucinic, Savic etc. Imagine if Yugoslavia still existed and many of the migrants that now play for other national teams (Ibrahimovic etc.) would have played for Yugoslavia!

Just play the Chelsea way. Park two or three buses in front of goal and play on the counter. Every team can beat the other team on this level with such tactics. Primitive or not but they work often.

n1xoom.jpg

Gerrard. :lol:

Yeah Askhan is beast. He came on a sub for Fulham in the latest match (2 days ago) and was bar none the best player on the field. He scored a classy goal as well. Here is the highlights of his game including the goal

فوتبالی‌ترین | اشکان دژاگه مقابل هال سیتی + گل زیبای او - هفته سی و ششم

MERS cases spike to 339 in Saudi Arabia

(CNN) -- The number of new cases of the Middle East respiratory symptom coronavirus spiked by 26 over the weekend, including 10 deaths, the Saudi Arabian Health Ministry said.

This brings the total number of known cases of MERS-CoV to 339 in Saudi Arabia, including 102 deaths, according to the ministry.

MERS-CoV was discovered in September 2012. Saudi Arabia has seen an alarming increase in confirmed cases this month, and health officials are stepping up efforts to combat the virus.

It is not clear why there was a sudden increase, said Dr. Abdullah Al-Asiri, assistant undersecretary at the Saudi Ministry of Health and a member of the Scientific Committee of Infectious Diseases.

130220221805-sars-virus-story-body.jpg
Saudi Arabia has more MERS cases

130514124705-saudi-arabia-coronavirus-story-top.jpg
WHO tracks new coronavirus to Middle East

130530153924-idesk-intv-dr-assiri-middle-east-coronavirus-00002206-story-body.jpg
Killer coronavirus in the Middle East
"We have faced an increase in the number of cases around the same time last year at the end of winter," the Saudi Press Agency quoted him as saying last week.

State media reported Monday that former Minister of Health Dr. Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al-Rabiah had stepped down after the sharp rise in cases.

Saudi officials have called on the World Health Organization and a group of medical experts to meet at the end of this month to discuss the status of the virus.

Ministry of Health spokesman Khalid Marghalani said recently a drug company would be arriving in Saudi Arabia to discuss the production of a vaccine to fight the virus.

MERS-CoV comes from the same group of viruses as the common cold and attacks the respiratory system, the U.S.-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. Symptoms, which include fever, cough and shortness of breath, can lead to pneumonia and kidney failure.

Although many of the cases have occurred on the Arabian Peninsula, people have died of the infection elsewhere, including in European countries and Tunisia in North Africa. However, all of the people involved contracted the disease in the Middle East before being diagnosed. Limited human-to-human transmission of the disease has also occurred in other countries.

Health officials do not know exactly how the virus spreads, and they stress hygiene, such as diligent hand-washing, to limit its spread.

The WHO has not recommended any MERS-related travel restrictions but says member countries should monitor any unusual respiratory infection patterns in travelers to the Arabian Peninsula.

MERS cases spike to 339 in Saudi Arabia - CNN.com

Back
Top Bottom